Would this be a good PC?

Processor --- Intel Core I7-4790K 4.0GHz
Motherboard --- MSI Z97 GAMING 3 
RAM memory --- Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB Kit 2x8GB DDR3 1600 MHz
GPU --- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 OC 4GB DDR5 256Bit

To power up my machine I want to use the --- Sirtec Astro GD-1200F 1200W 80 PLUS Gold;

I will also have the --- Segotep SG-XT NF PC case.

And I will just be adding the --- HDD WD Black 1TB SATA3 64MB 7200RPM and also looking to buy a SSD 128gb.

My question are: Will this work well together, will it fit well, will it be good in 2-3 years?

Please feel free to share and let me know if I should chose something better/different?

Thanks for your help in advance.

you dont need an i7 unless youre doing video editing, 3d rendering, or heavy computing

a 4690k will work just as well in gaming

get a gigabyte G1, its better than the windforce

your PSU is overkill, but something lower wattage from a more reliable brand like seasonic, evga, or corsair

you dont need a WD black, just buy a seagate barracuda which costs half the price, then buy a larger 250GB SSD

and yes this will still work great in 3-5 years

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

that power supply is indeed over the top! 650 watt is enough. get a 80+gold quality. and yes, it will be good for a few years.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

With the possible savings from some of the suggestions above, you might be able to even get a 980. It's not needed as the 970 is fine.

I would go for a 2133 ram tho. The price is not much of a difference but you would get a much better performance overall since you'll be overclocking your system.

Your PSU is way too overkill for sure, if you want some room for upgrades in the future, better off with a gold certified 800w

Thank you very much guys, much appreciated.

I would like to ask, since I am not that knowledgeable, I saw for the i7 processor on the specs something about the only supporting 1333/1600 MHz, so RIan can I use on this build the 2133 Mhz ram? What brand would you suggest?

Thank you very much guys, much appreciated.

I would like to ask, since I am not that knowledgeable, I saw for the i7 processor on the specs something about the only supporting 1333/1600 MHz, so RIan can I use on this build the 2133 Mhz ram? What brand would you suggest?

Pretty much any well renowned brand that makes good rams will do I guess. Hmmm I'm pretty sure the i7-4790k supports any DDR3 rams. Let me check

I went to take a look at the full specs for the i7-4790k and it really does says 1333 and 1600 But I'm pretty sure it works Well together.

The Gskill ripjaws X series have only a 3 dollars difference between the 1600 and 2133

Thanks, I will take a look on the website I'm picking my stuff up from.

Also switched to the Corsair Semi-modular CS850M 850W 80 PLUS Gold.