Another 19 Year Old in Jail for making a sarcastic comment in Runescape

pcman2000

As far as I'm concerned, it's these idiots own fault. I have zero sympathy for these overly passive aggressive teenagers. On the other case involving Lol I've seen comments about the thought police. It's not the thought police when you're expressing it on an easily traceable communication.

These things are probably found buy keywords through the database and then traced based apon your account information.

He made a JOKE, because somebody told him to go kill himself. Why is the other person not getting in trouble?

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2

He made a JOKE, because somebody told him to go kill himself. Why is the other person not getting in trouble?

Because telling someone to kill themselves isn't taken as a threat.

He's an over reacting buffoon and if anyone thinks this behaviour is acceptable at all. then something is seriously wrong with you.

Yeah its an over reaction of the law. but I'm unsympathetic as his own damn fault cause he overreacted too.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Why the FUCK did they not arrest the guy that told him to go kill himself? I mean, isn't cyber bullying a big problem?

And a kiddos that blow himself up is not a big problem don't you think ? Or shoot everyone on sigh ? Yeah sure, "Cyber bullying" is a WAY bigger problem than this. I totally agree with you. 20 Kids lifes is so worth a cyber bullyer. *******.

Do you really think a joke is welcome about this kind of event ? Are you stupid ?

The government did it right.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh or rude, but I have 0 tolerence for this kind of as**holes.

PS : How the hell the government is supposed to react when you have such kind of events in your own country ? You have to take it seriously. That's all.

Funny, I don't recall insulting either of you.

And freedom of speech is a basic human right. Anybody with common sense would realise, nobody talks about their future killing spree in a video game. But then again, people like you don't have common sense. You jump to conclusions and scream bloody murder.

I'm done replying to you two,I can't take either of you seriously at this point.

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2

And freedom of speech is a basic human right.

Your previous post have nothing to do with freedom of speech. By writing these posts, you should've expected reply like mine or JaeDee884.

By reading your previous post, it seems that the guy who told the other one to kill himself is the biggest problem in this story.

I'm out.

Lesson from this: Don't play Runescape.

Let's not dish out any personal insults here. The kid was dumb to say that, however, the law overreached by a long shot. At most, a mental evaluation and couple days in jail would be enough to make sure the kid was stable and shocked enough to realize that anonymity is not an excuse.

Let's not dish out any personal insults here. The kid was dumb to say that, however, the law overreached by a long shot. At most, a mental evaluation and couple days in jail would be enough to make sure the kid was stable and shocked enough to realize that anonymity is not an excuse.

This.

Also, I'm sure phrases like this are said across the internet thousands of times a day in the US alone.

I need more SSDs.

And a kiddos that blow himself up is not a big problem don't you think ? Or shoot everyone on sigh ? Yeah sure, "Cyber bullying" is a WAY bigger problem than this. I totally agree with you. 20 Kids lifes is so worth a cyber bullyer. *******.

Do you really think a joke is welcome about this kind of event ? Are you stupid ?

The government did it right.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh or rude, but I have 0 tolerence for this kind of as**holes.

PS : How the hell the government is supposed to react when you have such kind of events in your own country ? You have to take it seriously. That's all.

I'm not sure you understand what you are talking about: it's ok to do the required investigations, but the moment a kid's house gets raided and him arrested without a single clue of what the truth is it isn't ok anymore. If you then consider the fact that they didn't find anything that could lead to the assumption that he had any kind of malevolent intention and yet he has been in prison for months the situation can be easily classified as obnoxious.

The raid should have followed a minimal investigation and only if proven necessary, also the moment that it has been proven that he didn't have the means nor the intentions to fulfil what he said he should have been fined instead of closed in prison for months.

Maybe it's just me not understanding how the situation is in the US, I never lived in a police state after all.

I apologize for my English.

Not the Runescape I grew up with. So sad.

Now the only thing getting blown up are there poopers..Or should I say blown out.. Lmao

this shit isn't funny anymore people shouldn't joke about killing themselves/others, because these things are actually happening more and more.  Government is going to make "examples" out of these people as much as they can until it stops :s

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089