Weekend full of FAIL!

ZTech

So killing time after PAX and before the Star Citizen event yesterday and decided to pop into Microcenter. My buddy decided to pull the trigger on a new IPS monitor with a 4690k and a Gigabyte Gaming 7 mobo, I managed to find a open box GTX 970SC for 290 so I snatched that up ASAP. My buddy went to pay for his and his card got declined, there was nothing he could do because the tiny credit Union was closed. Well when I picked up my 970 from customer service the guy grabbed the wrong one by accident and handed me the Asus STRIX version which was even cheaper @ 275, I left happy, my buddy left pissed.

Well went to go install the new card today, don't know what happened but long story short my computer ended up in a bootloop and after trying to save it windows froze in recovery and now I need to do a fresh install...... But I have no windows disk anymore and my USB drive with 8.1 pro on it won't work

My little brother is burning me a 8.1 DVD and give it to me Thursday when I see him but now I also miss the Star citizen 1.1 patch.

If you are still reading this thank you and please send your best wishes my way, I'm in a dark place right now, I've had nothing to do so I've been drinking all day

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

So killing time after PAX and before the Star Citizen event yesterday and decided to pop into Microcenter. My buddy decided to pull the trigger on a new IPS monitor with a 4690k and a Gigabyte Gaming 7 mobo, I managed to find a open box GTX 970SC for 290 so I snatched that up ASAP. My buddy went to pay for his and his card got declined, there was nothing he could do because the tiny credit Union was closed. Well when I picked up my 970 from customer service the guy grabbed the wrong one by accident and handed me the Asus STRIX version which was even cheaper @ 275, I left happy, my buddy left pissed.

Well went to go install the new card today, don't know what happened but long story short my computer ended up in a bootloop and after trying to save it windows froze in recovery and now I need to do a fresh install...... But I have no windows disk anymore and my USB drive with 8.1 pro on it won't work

My little brother is burning me a 8.1 DVD and give it to me Thursday when I see him but now I also miss the Star citizen 1.1 patch.

If you are still reading this thank you and please send your best wishes my way, I'm in a dark place right now, I've had nothing to do so I've been drinking all day

K KARMA STAIN!!! ): thats sad dont drink all day ur kidneys gonna be like Y U NO DRINK LESS

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

OK sooooo ended getting the PC to boot by putting all the motherboard settings to default, windows went through the repair process but now I can't get the PC to boot with the 970...... I have updated the MB bios but still no luck, everything works perfect with my 670 installed.

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

It seems like whenever I open up my pc case I have to reinstall windows, it sucks xD. Gotta love 8.1

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

It seems like whenever I open up my pc case I have to reinstall windows, it sucks xD. Gotta love 8.1

did you really have to make this comment, it is not related to the question xD

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

Ohh for some reason the rest of my comment didn't come in. I went on to say that I would recommend 8.1 for his parts and then i also recommended that he upgrades his RAM.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Ohh for some reason the rest of my comment didn't come in. I went on to say that I would recommend 8.1 for his parts and then i also recommended that he upgrades his RAM.

I have realized my mistake, I am posting on the wrong thread xD

My Main PC:

Finally!!!! Just got this beast running, apparently I clicked the bios right below the new one, but I loaded up the correct one and it works like a dream.

Finally!!!! Just got this beast running, apparently I clicked the bios right below the new one, but I loaded up the correct one and it works like a dream.

congrats!

I just felt like I needed somthing here