Buy new desk or HyperX Clouds?

MattTheMayor

I have some money to spend. I'm already going to spend a few for a new chair since mine is old, creaky, and it smells horrible after 2 year olds puking on it and other random stuff.

After spending that on a chair, I have some extra money to spend. I have a glass desk, but not enough room on the desk so my PC can live up there. So right now, my PC is a dust magnet.

Here's a pic of it

E66XRgp.jpg

My other option is to get the HyperX clouds. I am currently using the apple earpods (as you can see from the picture)

I can't decide so I'm asking you guys. Buy a new desk or get Clouds?

headphones all the way

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I'd pick the headphones. Sound quality is something that will make a big difference in everything from games to movies to music.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Headphones, you do know that you can get an IKEA desk for less than $20?

Headphones, you do know that you can get an IKEA desk for less than $20?

Yeah that was what I was planning on to get. Reason I couldn't get both is because my Ikea is like 45 minutes away so that takes some of my gas money

Id go for headphones, but not for the hyperx cloud headset but some nice high quality headphones like something from Teufel or whatever.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

As an owner of the HyperX Cloud, I would say get the headset. Having good sound quality is great :)

As an owner of the HyperX Cloud, I would say get the headset. Having good sound quality is great :)

ooo how do they feel? comfortable? or do they clamp really hard?

Got a pair as well and been wearing them (cloth ear cups) for last 6 hours and could go another 6 just fine. Honestly, right now my chair is the most uncomfortable part of my setup. And I'm a HUGE fan of headsets without in line controls.

and it smells horrible after 2 year olds puking on it and other stuff.

Now first of all, I'll say you should get the headset as good sound quality is something you cannot do without.

But more importantly, what is the story with the chair? ^_^

Don't get a "gaming" headset. Get a pair of open-style headphones so that you have a tremendous sound stage. Something like the Superlux HD668s should do.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If you are going to be skyping, teamspeak, etc. get the HyperX Cloud II and the band through it lays a little bit off the head but if you aren't doing that get a regular set of headphones. I have sony over the ear and it is about $120 with just as good if not better sound than beats and the fit is amazing.

I say go for the desk. DESK IS LIFE. Looks like a desk with more room will do you some good. :P

BUT!!

If you do decide to go with the headset route, I suggest getting a really good pair of headphone and just grab a modmic for it.

/e. Yeah, that's right. I went against the current. I'm the only desk voter in the poll.

For me personally, a really clean workplace with lots of room to put things is more important than a lot of things, and Id willingly put off audio quality upgrades to get a desk with good cable management and space for everything. You'd be amazed at how much it improves the feel of using your pc. Plus you get to show off your rig.

Now first of all, I'll say you should get the headset as good sound quality is something you cannot do without.

But more importantly, what is the story with the chair? ^_^

my aunt keeps on bringing her 2 year old child that annoys me all day lol.

he also has like a weak stomach so he easily pukes after him eating then running around.

so he just ate like rice with egg. he started running around. i pick him up put it on my chair. he laughs then out of no where 20 billion gallons of puke comes out. i tried cleaning it 100 times but it soaked into the foam thingy under the leather.

he also has like a weak stomach so he easily pukes after him eating then running around.

so he just ate like rice with egg. he started running around. i pick him up put it on my chair. he laughs then out of no where 20 billion gallons of puke comes out. i tried cleaning it 100 times but it soaked into the foam thingy under the leather.

I have some money to spend. I'm already going to spend a few for a new chair since mine is old, creaky, and it smells horrible after 2 year olds puking on it and other random stuff.

After spending that on a chair, I have some extra money to spend. I have a glass desk, but not enough room on the desk so my PC can live up there. So right now, my PC is a dust magnet.

Here's a pic of it

My other option is to get the HyperX clouds. I am currently using the apple earpods (as you can see from the picture)

I can't decide so I'm asking you guys. Buy a new desk or get Clouds?

OK, so first off, that puke story if friggin nasty! egg puke soaked in to the foam cushion. I would have puked myself, then thrown it out. LOL. 

as for your option, unless you need the desk space for something more than just raising your computer off the floor, than go for the headset for now. 

You can easily come up with a cheap alternative to raise the PC off the ground. 

check craigslist/kijiji for a super cheap end table. you can probably find one for like 10-20 bucks. Make sure it's made of wood, and the legs are sturdy. Done deal. 

I don't have a closeup pic and I'm too lazy to snap one right now, but you can see in the back corner I have my 800D sitting on top of an old end table. It has a lower tier as well so that's where we keep our printer.

DSC_5624.jpg

Core i7-2600k @ 4.65Ghz - Asus Maximus IV Gene Z - 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Cerilian Blue - Samsung EVO 840 250GB - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB - 2x EVGA Geforce GTX 760 SC - Corsair AX850, custom sleaved and length - Silverstone Sugo heavily modified - Full loop with EK blocks and 360 rad, frozenq res. 

My vote goes to getting a Cloud 1/2, no point getting a cheap $20 table from Ikea since these are the types that don't last. Only good series of computer tables from Ikea is the Galant line. I have one myself, just as good as my other table by Sitoca which was rather expensive. Anyway, try finding something to raise your rig above the ground, to at least attract less dust. A new pair of can adds life to your gaming and movie experience, and the Cloud does music nicely as well.

I'd gotten a small side cupboard which was just the width of my Corsair 650D and I put that rig on it.....that side cupboard thingy was pretty cheap IIRC.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Charming ^_^

They are really comfortable, for me, your mileage may vary. They come with Leather ear cups and fabric ones too, I use the leather ones as I find them the most comfortable. The aluminium & stitching are really nice for build quality but I do worry about the durability of the Detachable microphone, but other than that they are amazing! (Also the Audio Out and Mic In to 3.5mm Jack thingy that's included dosen't work with my phone (Moto G) but just having headphones out does)