Best free video editor?

I have been looking to get into youtube for a while now, but I have been having alot of trouble finding a good free Windows video editor.  I don't just have $200 dollars lying around to spend on one.  It should have all the basic features that I need to edit videos plus some more advanced ones I can learn to use, be easy to navigate, and work better than Windows Movie Maker (Ugh makes me cringe just thinking about it).  Thanks for the help!

Windows Movie Maker (Yes, I read it)

Sony Movie Studio Platinum. I'd try and get 12, but 13 will do as well. It's not that expensive, and well worth the price in my opinion,

I have been looking to get into youtube for a while now, but I have been having alot of trouble finding a good free Windows video editor.  I don't just have $200 dollars lying around to spend on one.  It should have all the basic features that I need to edit videos plus some more advanced ones I can learn to use, be easy to navigate, and work better than Windows Movie Maker (Ugh makes me cringe just thinking about it).  Thanks for the help!

I used quite a few free ones and Movie maker still seems best (pls no hate, I read your full post :P )

VideoPad was something I used a bit, but the quality was not that good..

You're probably not gonna get Sony Vegas/Adobe Premiere like programs for free (if you're not willing to .. Uhh.. nevermind..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sony Movie Studio Platinum. I'd try and get 12, but 13 will do as well. It's not that expensive, and well worth the price in my opinion.

I was just about to recommend that. :D

@Snevok here's the link: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/homestudio

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Windows Movie Maker (Yes, I read it)

I've heard this more than once.  How is it a good editor (Legit question, not trying to argue)?  When I use it, it crashes, freezes, and deletes my files.  It is also a pain in the tuchas to do simple tasks such as clip.  I must be doing it wrong.  Do you have any good video tutorials you reccomend to reateach me?

I checked that out, it looks pretty good for what I want, but for now, I need it to be free :/

Hmm, that's kinda tricky.

*Cough* Pirating *Cough*

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

*Cough* Pirating *Cough*

*cough*Jail*cough*

*cough*Jail*cough*

*cough* you guys might want to get that cough checked out, could be a contagious disease *cough*

*cough* you guys might want to get that cough checked out, could be a contagious disease *cough*

Yeah, mine's cleared up now. :D

Davinci Resolve Lite hands down. Better than pirating a paid software or some other freeware.

keep getting the demo for FInal Cut Pro. BEST EDITER EVER.

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

HAHAHAHA

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Really i would have to say go with Sony Vegas 12 or 13 or Adobe After effects CC or CC 2014. Yes I know you said free but there are so many ways you can get these ridiculous priced programs for free its not that hard. But if you were looking for something easy to understand and use i would suggest Sony Vegas 12 or 13 really easy program and you will get the hang of it. After effects CC i use both Sony Vegas and After effects and by far Sony Vegas is the easier one