is this internet speed good enough to play BF3?

lovingGamer

No i don't get bottleneck

What's your FPS then?

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

What's your FPS then?

BF3 60-150

BF3 60-150

Well then I have no idea what causes the lag.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

But for BF4?

Your ping is what matters the most, 28ms is quite good for both BF3 and BF4, just play on low ping servers and youll have no problems.

My new PC is not with me now, so i was playing BF3 on my old system (Really old) and Ping was 65 that is bad right ?

That ping is okay but what jitter?

That ping is okay but what jitter?

what is jitter?

Check your ping on servers u play, some servers will be okay (your country or satelite ones).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

My new PC is not with me now, so i was playing BF3 on my old system (Really old) and Ping was 65 that is bad right ?

65 ping is quite good.  generally, anything under 100 is good, but it depends on the game.  some games are playable with higher ping.  65 is good though

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

what is jitter?

Zero jitter means the results were exactly the same every time, and anything above zero is the amount by which they varied. Like the other quality measurements, a lower jitter value is better.

You guys are either bad at math, or are using improper/incorrect units of measurement ;)

Of course it will. I have a 500Kb/s download and 75Kb/s upload (yeah I know) and I can play BF4 and CS:GO without any problems.

I assume you mean 500 KB/s download and 75 KB/s upload? KB = Kilobyte (The measurement you see when actually downloading something from say Firefox or Steam). Kb = Kilobit (The measurement that ISP's use for network bandwidth and Internet speeds).

A 500 Kb/s download connection would = 0.5 Mbps, which would be... well... god awful.

A 500 KB/s connection, on the other hand, is just around 4 Mbps, which is still quite low end, but considered normal for a "basic" package.

Upload wise, 75 KB/s would make perfect sense being paired with a 4 Mbps connection.

75 Kb/s on the other hand... that's slightly faster then dial-up speeds (which would be 56 Kb/s).

It's very important when dealing with Internet speeds, to use the proper unit (Big B for Bytes, little b for bits).

yeah, but my upload speed is a lot lower.

It is lower, but not ungodly lower. Yours is 0.46 Mbps, which works out to about 58 KB/s. Should still be okay for multiplayer. You'll still likely experience a little lag now and then, but it should be playable.

I have done it with similar or lower upload speeds, no issues with it.

0.075Mbps < 0.4Mbps

I highly highly highly doubt he actually has 0.075 Mbps. See above.

Then why is it that I can play BF4 and CS:GO just fine with 75Kb/s?

I have no problems at all, my ping is overall really good and the game doesn't lag a single bit.

Your connection must be rock solid stable, which, frankly, is more important for Multiplayer games, assuming you reach the minimum threshold.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

-snip-

I can and have had no problem with at times quite a bit less than 200Kbps. So if this breaks your laws of physics, I can't do anything about that. If I am experiencing something, it's usually ISP related and usually seen in the download speed, ping, or packet loss.

I don't disagree that 0.075Mbps was more than a bit low, but you clearly misunderstood the context of why I had stated it in the first place.

I can and have had no problem with at times quite a bit less than 200Kbps. So if this breaks your laws of physics, I can't do anything about that. If I am experiencing something, it's usually ISP related and usually seen in the download speed, ping, or packet loss.

I don't disagree that 0.075Mbps was more than a bit low, but you clearly misunderstood the context of why I had stated it in the first place.

"Breaks the laws of my physics"?

What?

I understand that you were saying that 0.46 is better then 0.075.

I also understand that you were telling the OP that you gamed on similar speeds as his.

But I don't think you understood what I was saying.

I don't believe for one moment that @JorenBus actually has a 0.075 Mbps connection. Unless he lives in a deep rural area, with DSL, where he's really far away from the Remote Note (Like farther then 10 KM), and in that case, his pings would likely be so awful as to be unplayable in anything.

It's possible, sure, but I think the far more likely outcome was that he accidentally said Kb/s when he meant KB/s.

That was the entirety of my point. Clarifying KB vs Kb.

You're saying that you gamed on a 0.02 Mbps connection? With a modern multiplayer game? Sure, you could do that with CS 1.6, but with BF3? I'm skeptical.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

"Breaks the laws of my physics"?

What?

I understand that you were saying that 0.46 is better then 0.075.

I also understand that you were telling the OP that you gamed on similar speeds as his.

But I don't think you understood what I was saying.

I don't believe for one moment that @JorenBus actually has a 0.075 Mbps connection. Unless he lives in a deep rural area, with DSL, where he's really far away from the Remote Note (Like farther then 10 KM), and in that case, his pings would likely be so awful as to be unplayable in anything.

It's possible, sure, but I think the far more likely outcome was that he accidentally said Kb/s when he meant KB/s.

That was the entirety of my point. Clarifying KB vs Kb.

You're saying that you gamed on a 0.02 Mbps connection? With a modern multiplayer game? Sure, you could do that with CS 1.6, but with BF3? I'm skeptical.

No, I got all that, and it seems you got what I was saying the first time. I am not disagreeing with your analysis of of the 0.075Mbps claim, I was only stating the other points you have reiterated. The Mb, MB confusion didn't fall on me.

I have gamed on a <0.2mbps connection, not a 0.02Mbps one, playing BF3 with no increased or noticeable lag.

No, I got all that, and it seems you got what I was saying the first time. I am not disagreeing with your analysis of of the 0.075Mbps claim, I was only stating the other points you have reiterated. The Mb, MB confusion didn't fall on me.

I have gamed on a <0.2mbps connection, not a 0.02Mbps one, playing BF3 with no increased or noticeable lag.

0.2 Mbps? Impressive. What was your ping?

Your ping is what matters the most, 28ms is quite good for both BF3 and BF4, just play on low ping servers and youll have no problems.

when i play 62 players map my ping is 65 is that bad?

You guys are either bad at math, or are using improper/incorrect units of measurement ;)

I assume you mean 500 KB/s download and 75 KB/s upload? KB = Kilobyte (The measurement you see when actually downloading something from say Firefox or Steam). Kb = Kilobit (The measurement that ISP's use for network bandwidth and Internet speeds).

A 500 Kb/s download connection would = 0.5 Mbps, which would be... well... god awful.

A 500 KB/s connection, on the other hand, is just around 4 Mbps, which is still quite low end, but considered normal for a "basic" package.

Upload wise, 75 KB/s would make perfect sense being paired with a 4 Mbps connection.

75 Kb/s on the other hand... that's slightly faster then dial-up speeds (which would be 56 Kb/s).

It's very important when dealing with Internet speeds, to use the proper unit (Big B for Bytes, little b for bits).

It is lower, but not ungodly lower. Yours is 0.46 Mbps, which works out to about 58 KB/s. Should still be okay for multiplayer. You'll still likely experience a little lag now and then, but it should be playable.

I highly highly highly doubt he actually has 0.075 Mbps. See above.

Your connection must be rock solid stable, which, frankly, is more important for Multiplayer games, assuming you reach the minimum threshold.

If i find server with a low ping will i get lag at all?

I want no lag at all :)

and when i tired to play server with 62 players my ping was 65 that is bad right, and it was lagging.

If i find server with a low ping will i get lag at all?

I want no lag at all :)

and when i tired to play server with 62 players my ping was 65 that is bad right, and it was lagging.

If you can get on a server with a low ping, you'll have minimized lag, certainly. No lag at all? I don't know. Probably. You'd have to test it yourself.

What ping do you get when doing a speedtest?

A ping of 65 isn't horrible, but it's not fantastic either. A ping of sub 30 is ideal, but probably not attainable for the average person.

If you can get on a server with a low ping, you'll have minimized lag, certainly. No lag at all? I don't know. Probably. You'd have to test it yourself.

A ping of 65 isn't horrible, but it's not fantastic either. A ping of sub 30 is ideal, but probably not attainable for the average person.

In speed test it's 20-30

in some server my ping gets 30-40 (But in thous servers i'm not allowed to use shotgun)

And in some servers i get 50-55 -65 Ping..

What i want is server with low ping and that i can use all weapons :)

If i join a server with 65 players (Server low ping 40-50)

Will i get lag?

How long ping 40-50?

will you help me or what?

If i join a server with 65 players (Server low ping 40-50)

Will i get lag?

With you're internet speed you should be fine. That upload speed shouldn't hinder your gaming experience unless you were the one hosting the server. You should also try playing on different servers with different pings. You'll quickly learn the difference between playing on a server with low ping vs high ping. 

Your download is fine but your upload will cause issues in almost any online game that isn't flash based.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"