is this internet speed good enough to play BF3?

lovingGamer

download is plenty but upload......

*cringes*

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

No. That upload speed is way too low.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

No. That upload speed is way too low.

So i can't play BF3?

download is plenty but upload......

*cringes*

So i can't play BF3 or newer

So i can't play BF3?

I'm fairly certain that the experience will be very choppy/laggy.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I'm fairly certain that the experience will be very choppy/laggy.

it is laggy.. I thought it was my specs were problem.

Of course it will. I have a 500Kb/s download and 75Kb/s upload (yeah I know) and I can play BF4 and CS:GO without any problems.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

it is laggy.. I thought it was my specs were problem.

A 280X handles BF3 with no problems at all.

osu! profile

yes i know but will my internet speed be a problem?

Of course it will. I have a 500Kb/s download and 75Kb/s upload (yeah I know) and I can play BF4 and CS:GO without any problems.

yeah, but my upload speed is a lot lower.

Who is her speaking about my GPU?!

I want to know is my internet speed enough to play BF3

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4196741570

is this internet speed good enough to play BF3?

Multiplayer

Seriously man?!

it is !unless youre on a Dial Up modem

or join japanese servers

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

go to options then gameplay advanced settings and turn network smoothing factor down to 0...may help

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Bandwidth isnt really the important factor ... once you have the minimum requirements (you can game on a 1meg connection) ..its more important to have a good packet flow. Go onto www.pingtest.net and see what jitter there is on your line...That way you'll know if its connection.

Youre good for BF3, your low upload speed doesnt matter so much.

But for BF4?

I have done it with similar or lower upload speeds, no issues with it.

0.075Mbps < 0.4Mbps

ohhhhh :)

Bandwidth isnt really the important factor ... once you have the minimum requirements (you can game on a 1meg connection) ..its more important to have a good packet flow. Go onto www.pingtest.net and see what jitter there is on your line...That way you'll know if its connection.

My new PC is not with me now, so i was playing BF3 on my old system (Really old) and Ping was 65 that is bad right ?

Seriously man?!

it is !unless youre on a Dial Up modem

or join japanese servers

Why japanese servers server?

0.075Mbps < 0.4Mbps

Then why is it that I can play BF4 and CS:GO just fine with 75Kb/s?

I have no problems at all, my ping is overall really good and the game doesn't lag a single bit.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Then why is it that I can play BF4 and CS:GO just fine with 75Kb/s?

I have no problems at all, my ping is overall really good and the game doesn't lag a single bit.

your specs are really good what FPS do you get in BF3 or 4

yesterday my ping was 65 and now it's only 20-30 wtf that is a big difference, smaller ping = better experience or?

your specs are really good what FPS do you get in BF3 or 4

yesterday my ping was 65 and now it's only 20-30 wtf that is a big difference, smaller ping = better experience or?

You have a R9 280x, I have an overclocked R9 280.

We should get about the same FPS.

I get around 60-120 FPS in BF4 everything ultra on 1080p. It really depends on the map.

A ping of 65 shouldn't make your game laggy, and 20-30 ping is really good. The smaller the ping the better.

Maybe there's a bottleneck somewhere in your system.

I see that you only have 4GB of RAM, this could be the problem.

Don't take my word for it, there are other people on this forum that know a lot more about bottlenecks than me.

You have a R9 280x, I have an overclocked R9 280.

We should get about the same FPS.

I get around 60-120 FPS in BF4 everything ultra on 1080p. It really depends on the map.

A ping of 65 shouldn't make your game laggy, and 20-30 ping is really good. The smaller the ping the better.

Maybe there's a bottleneck somewhere in your system.

I see that you only have 4GB of RAM, this could be the problem.

Don't take my word for it, there are other people on this forum that know a lot more about bottlenecks than me.

No i don't get bottleneck