NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X rumored to retail for $1,349 with 12GB VRAM

Alibaladin

NVIDIA’s upcoming GeForce GTX Titan X GPU is reportedly going to be priced at a hefty $1,349. This was revealed Chinese website Expreview. It should be noted that the first images of the GM-200 based graphics card were first revealed in a leak recently on China’s Baidu forum.

The GM200 is believed to be the successor to Kepler GK110 GPU that formed the base of the GTX Titan and GTX 780 (Ti) GPUs in the past. It is believed that the GM200 will also form the base for NVIDIA’s upcoming high-end Quadro M6000 GPU. The GTX Titan X is reportedly manufactured on a 28nm process and will include 3,072 CUDA cores (24 SMM) based on NVIDIA’s new Maxwell GPU architecture. The GM-200 based graphics card will also come with 384-bit wide GDDR5 memory interface with support for up to 12GB of VRAM and 96 ROPs. As per the recent GPU-Z leak, the card has a pixel fillrate of 94.8 GPixel/s and texture fillrate of 252.9 GTexel/s. The card is rumored to feature tweakable idle fan-off mode as well, although this hasn’t yet been confirmed so far. This feature will allow the GPU to turn off the cooling fan completely when it is idling or is handling very low loads.

The new GeForce GTX Titan X will no doubt be a powerful beast and should be able to handle gaming at 4K or even higher resolutions with ease. While we do not have any benchmark results to go by yet, the GTX Titan X should offer significant improvements in performance over the GTX Titan Black GPU

The GTX Titan X is expected to arrive in 6GB and 12GB VRAM versions, with both variants being available for purchase soon after the announcement of the new GPU. According to previous reports and single-GPU GTX Titan releases in the past, the NVIDIA GTX Titan X can be expected to be unveiled next month.

Translated. So mod if you want to delete. Its up to you.

Source: Expreview

Damnit. I'm gunna have to pick up some extra hours for sure.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

will it be rather a workstation or gaming gpu?

Damnit. I'm gunna have to pick up some extra hours for sure.

Yea, I'd have to pick up a couple extra months.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

ahhh rumours, say loads of prices, the ones who say they got it right say "ooooh we got it right". *cough* *cough* wccftech.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I want it. Not that I need it, but I want it. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Yea, I'd have to pick up a couple extra months.

I lost a bet so now I have to buy one :(

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Prices are going to keep going up so long as their are enough people daft enough to pay for it.

Whilst it will be nice to finally have a single card capable of handling 4k properly, there still isn't really a 'good' 4k VDU out since OLED is taking so damn long. So atm I don't see the need for a 4k ready GPU, especially at this price point.

Don't get me wrong , im all for 4k gaming, but u need BOTH a 4k screen and a 4k capable GPU, this looks to be the latter, but we are still missing the former (no.. the current 4k LCD's are not 'good', they are LCD, and they are small , they suck)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Prices are going to keep going up so long as their are enough people daft enough to pay for it.

Buying the card doesn't make you daft regardless of the price lol. Some people make really good money and like to spend it on things they enjoy.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I dont care if people want this card, it is fucking awesome. However, I feel like I should just wait for a little while after and there will be another card like the 780ti. I kind of laugh at people that think that people should not buy this or are stupid for doing so. First, you sound kind of mad or jealous that you cant afford it. Second, why do you care at all what people do with their money? Some people are able to afford things like this and they have every right to do so. Third, there will be more cards after this one for people like me that dont want to depend so much money. And performance will be just as good or close. I am waiting for whatever there is after the Titan x