My New Build, Constructive criticism please

So for the past little while I have been trying to figure out exactly what my new build will be. With the budget being $4500 I figured it would be very easy, well it has been but I would like some ideas and comments on it to see if i should change somethings about it. All of the parts will be bought from Newegg and NCIX. So without further a due i give you the build specs:

CPU: 4770k 

Heatsink^: Swifttech H220

Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Hero. of course 1150 socket :P

GPU: GTX Titans, in 2-way SLI, now I know people will say, GO FOR 780s!! ill explain later.

RAM/Memory: Crucial Billistix Tracers, 2 kits of 2x4gb in red/green LED's

PSU: Seasonic Platinum-1000 1000w 80 plus platinum certified 

Case: Corsair C70 in White

Monitor: 3X Acer H236HLBid IPS monitors, The main reason i want Titans, more VRAM, and they are still better for a tad more future proof.

Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX 

SSD: Samsung 840 250gb

HDD: WD Blue 1TB

So there you have it, my new build. Let me know if you have any ideas or opinions you wanna throw at me. Also I will be using this for mainly gaming and coding possibly. I want this to be as good as possible so that when i'm going to college i wont need to upgrade for at least two years and be able to play anything I want in surround with or without mods. Thank you Linus for this forum, your wonderful !! :D

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

Great parts! I can't really think of anything to add. A lot of people will scream overkill (believe me, check my sig), but why not if you can afford it, right? Enjoy your computer, it will be epic.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I would change the PSU to a Corsair one

Thermaltake is a good brand. Johnny Guru gave one of their XT power supplies a "recommended" sticker.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Looks legit

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Change the PSU Just cause thermal take is kinda sketchy imo, get corsair,seasonic,silverstone,or antec

Get a seagate HDD and get 2tb

One titan can run that just fine.

Get 2x8gb sticks so that you can upgrade later.

So not trying to be mean but im sure you can do WAY better. My build is $3000 and i am still able to fit some REALLY nice stuff in it. 

Its not bad but i think it can be better.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

You might want to add another TB into the HDD, otherwise it looks awesome :D

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

thermaltacky

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Only improvements: more ram (2x8 or 4x8gb sticks) and a better hdd (perhaps raid config) and an ssd for boot and maybe some programs, I'd recommend 120gb minimum

I have a 1000$ build and i have the same ssd but a 2TB hdd i highly reccomend a seagate barracuda , if you're going to use fraps or download allot of movies you will need it

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

RAM/Memory: Crucial Billistix Tracers, 2 kits of 4x4gb in red/green LED's

Nice ram selection, only problem is you won't fit 8 sicks onto that board. (You say 2 kits of 4x4gb)

For that much money ($4500 Build) you should be looking at the X79/Socket 2011 platform...at least imo.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Nice ram selection, only problem is you won't fit 8 sicks onto that board. (You say 2 kits of 4x4gb)

For that much money ($4500 Build) you should be looking at the X79/Socket 2011 platform...at least imo.

Thank you for that catch, I did in fact mean to say 2 kits of 2x4gb

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

Change the PSU Just cause thermal take is kinda sketchy imo, get corsair,seasonic,silverstone,or antec

Get a seagate HDD and get 2tb

One titan can run that just fine.

Get 2x8gb sticks so that you can upgrade later.

So not trying to be mean but im sure you can do WAY better. My build is $3000 and i am still able to fit some REALLY nice stuff in it. 

Its not bad but i think it can be better.

Well i only have 500 gigs of storage at the moment and i have yet to even come close to filling it, thats even with my OS on it, i really dont know how, but thats how it has always been. I can always grab another hard drive in the future and throw it in if i really need to. Also Johnny Guru has said very very good things about the PSU and Thermaltake is not really a sketchy company in my experience so thank you but im sticking to it. The RAM thing, i was thinking of doing so but truly i have no idea if we will ver neeed 32+ gigs of it, but you never know i guess. Also i can afford a second titan so i say why not :D

Thank you guys for the quick replies keep them coming!

Friend of mine is a programmer, he swears by 32GB for working. I have no clue what the hell it is he programs though.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1d1Br

I'm $1.79 over but this system should be quite nice.

It's pretty nice, but I'd drop down to cheaper 1600Mhz memory kit and get a larger SSD.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1d1HX

I'm $1.79 over but this system should be quite nice.

I need 3 monitors, that's also counting rebates in with the final price, and scaling for 3-way sli blows, 780's dont have as much VRAM for what ill be doing in surround, there is almost no difference between 2011 and 1150 for gaming, if any at all, NZXT is not at all my first choice for PSU, plus for surround TN will not cut it for me i have seen TN surround and it made me cry :p Unless you are just showing me a build that your going to buy, in which case, go nuts good sir.

Nice setup.

Don't let anyone talk you out of your PSU.  It's made by one of the top end PSU manufacturers, Channel Well.

Not sure why you need such a large PSU, but to each his own.

Can't wait to see some pic's.

Friend of mine is a programmer, he swears by 32GB for working. I have no clue what the hell it is he programs though.

I wont be doing anything that heavy hahah  just to learn a bit about it and do some stuff with school

Nice setup.

Don't let anyone talk you out of your PSU.  It's made by one of the top end PSU manufacturers, Channel Well.

Not sure why you need such a large PSU, but to each his own.

Can't wait to see some pic's.

Thats what i was thinking, ive never heard anything rightfully wrong with the PSU, and it is very large wattage wise, but hey, it wont NOT work hahah

Beastly rig!  Just one suggestion: two Titans and a 4770K will consume maybe 700W max, with overclocking.  You can run that system off of an ~850W PSU and still have plenty of room to spare.  1000+ isn't necessary unless you've got 3+ graphics cards, and I highly doubt you'll ever need to add another Titan to that system. :lol:

Can't wait to see the log!

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Beastly rig!  Just one suggestion: two Titans and a 4770K will consume maybe 700W max, with overclocking.  You can run that system off of an ~850W PSU and still have plenty of room to spare.  1000+ isn't necessary unless you've got 3+ graphics cards, and I highly doubt you'll ever need to add another Titan to that system. :lol:

Can't wait to see the log!

This is true, since you are the second to say this i may look into getting a smaller one, saving a couple of bucks will never hurt :p

Well i only have 500 gigs of storage at the moment and i have yet to even come close to filling it, thats even with my OS on it, i really dont know how, but thats how it has always been. I can always grab another hard drive in the future and throw it in if i really need to. Also Johnny Guru has said very very good things about the PSU and Thermaltake is not really a sketchy company in my experience so thank you but im sticking to it. The RAM thing, i was thinking of doing so but truly i have no idea if we will ver neeed 32+ gigs of it, but you never know i guess. Also i can afford a second titan so i say why not :D

Instead of the second titan get a custom loop going :p

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Instead of the second titan get a custom loop going :P

This i plan to do later down the road, when this stuff becomes kinda slow, so in like 3-5 years or so, that way ill get as much as i can out of this system, seeing as right now this will shred almost anything ill need it to.