Elegance by MetallicAcid

MetallicAcid

Thank you!! :)

I have made a bent window though for the largest opening. you can see it resting on the chassis at the top of the image column for the window update ;)

/J

-hype mood intensifies-

(this is my 1000th post =D worth it for this)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Love the hints of purple on the cables, it just sees to work with the aluminium and breaks up the monotony of the grey...

Top class man, absolutely amazing workmanship.  

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

MetallicAcid's
Elegance_zpsa4mibpyt.png

Thank you to my sponsors:

SilverStone-Logo-400px_zpscx8ujorn.png

OCZ%20logo_zpsx3bsrjoc.png

a08e6f0b-2de3-4ea7-abe5-9053a7bd2f2a_zps

inet_zpslv3ssgzs.png

raijintek_logo_png_zpshvpu9r1x.png

cryorig-logo_zps6gvj1rxx.png

UPClogo_zps042bb5db.jpg

Update 5
Reveal for the custom PSU shroud
Sponsor update
Custom cables

Well hello there friends!

I have another large update for you guys, and this time I have the reveal for the custom PSU shroud, the custom sleeved cables, and a sponsor announcement!

With this update I would like to introduce Ultimate Personal Computers as a sponsor, who have donated a generous amount of sleeving and extra little bits and pieces needed so I can make my custom length cables look the best in the world. I have actually chosen instead of taking them on their offer as I believe that Adam's Aegis sleeving is the best to work with, and is just as pleasant to work with when I compare them too MDPC sleeving.

DSC09029_zpsgzlw0k2c.jpg

DSC09061_zpsnewqdmop.jpg

DSC09101_zpsgwjwunza.jpg

DSC09102_zps9utzuzkb.jpg

DSC09104_zps9d2qpyn7.jpg

Next up I have the reveal for the PSU shroud which I have made from Aluminium, and hole mesh. This shroud is made from a single piece of Aluminium, and has been given a brushed finish so that it matches the outside of the chassis. I have also given it a clear coat so that it protects the shroud from oxidization and scratches.

There is a hole mesh which has been brushed and clear coated as well. This is to give a nice design feature, but also to allow airflow to the 80mm fan located on the PSU. 

DSC09031_zpsufaapbjl.jpg

DSC09033_zpsksdzcvqo.jpg

DSC09034_zpsdl1p75jj.jpg

DSC09035_zpseusxkps3.jpg

DSC09036_zpsnshgxxkh.jpg

Now just a little text update on what is coming up in the next update: I am currently working on the floor panel, which will be  of the same design as the PSU shroud, and I am also working on a panel which sits beside the motherboard, and behind the PSU shroud. These panels will be installed so that there is almost no visible seems, and give a nice overall classy look to the inside of the chassis. 

I will soon work on a custom GPU backplate, and a custom panel for behind the motherboard. I will then go ahead and start installing the hardware and wiring up some LED lighting.

What do you guys think of the project so far? Please let me know!! I am always trying to think of new and fresh ideas to make my modded projects stand out from everything else in the world! :)

With kind regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

This is brutally smexy

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Awesome as always but...

What's with the cable run over the heatsink? I would have rathered see if follow the fan around back to the motherboard. Just something that stood out to me...

Awesome! That purple adds just the right dash of color so it's not all silver.

I really like the purple.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This is brutally smexy

That PSU shroud is awesome!

Awesome as always but...

What's with the cable run over the heatsink? I would have rathered see if follow the fan around back to the motherboard. Just something that stood out to me...

Awesome! That purple adds just the right dash of color so it's not all silver.

I really like the purple.

As it says in the name, Elegance 

Dang this is another level of modding, great work Acid!

Thank you to all for the very nice comments! I am having a blast with this project, and it is actually almost finished. I am currently working on the floor panel, and will start work on the GPU shroud/backplate right after. Then just need to install the SSD and LED lighting and get some shots! :)

@d33g33 I liked the way it looks :) 

OMG! Gimme gimme gimme! This is actually just stunning the attention to detail is insane! Congrats on the amazing build so far!

Hey mate! Thank you for checking out my project. I am very happy to to hear that you are enjoying it as much as I am! :) :)

/J

MetallicAcid's

Elegance_zpsa4mibpyt.png

Thank you to my sponsors:

SilverStone-Logo-400px_zpscx8ujorn.png

OCZ%20logo_zpsx3bsrjoc.png

a08e6f0b-2de3-4ea7-abe5-9053a7bd2f2a_zps

inet_zpslv3ssgzs.png

raijintek_logo_png_zpshvpu9r1x.png

cryorig-logo_zps6gvj1rxx.png

UPClogo_zps042bb5db.jpg

Update 6

This was supposed to be the last update, but I accidently thought of more things to fabricate.... :)

Hello and welcome again to Justin's house of madness, where I continue to make my own life difficult and come up with more and more ideas that only prolong the finish date of this modding project!! Haha ;)

Every time I look at what I have created so far, I always look and most of the time find more things to do to this project. If I continue like this, I will never be finished!

Todays update includes several new features, all hand made and fabricated from 100% recycled materials from my workplace. Not only are they very nice, they are also environmentally friendly! But enough jibber-jabber from me, and onwards with the update.

First up we have another custom cable. This time it is a SATA power cable, which is just 7cm long

DSC09105_zpsmmlwd6tz.jpg

DSC09107_zps4ewd7nn1.jpg

Next up, I fabricated an aluminium plate which blends the Cryorig H7 CPU tower into the overall design

DSC09109_zpssjtzxvap.jpg

DSC09110_zps9q7ioqif.jpg

I installed the OCZ Arc100 SSD

DSC09160_zpsudlhxoov.jpg

I fabricated a GPU backplate/shroud thingy

DSC09156_zps1qawwvmg.jpg

DSC09157_zps3ehqajpp.jpg

DSC09158_zpsdwz90uju.jpg

DSC09162_zpstpol8r6h.jpg

I am currently working on a backplate which covers the CPU towers support plate, and which will be visible through a windowed side panel. Design that will appear on this panel is not finalized though

DSC09153_zps5wjuhrnn.jpg

DSC09154_zpse3mfitlr.jpg

As work continues, I find myself thinking that I do not want for this project to finish. I am having way too much fun with it :) Anyways, thank you so much for reading and I hope that you have enjoyed this update. 

Kind regards,

Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

I love this build! 

I think the clean industrial look is one few people pull off like this. Looking forward to more :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Damn that's clean. The cabling and the shrouds look really nice and it's not even finished yet (nearly)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

tumblr_mbi2e7Fun51r92s75o1_500.gif

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Are you going to do anything with the black power supply cable? it looks really out of place there. The aluminium on the fan looks a little out of place as it's not brushed too.

The SSDs look boss!!!

Cheers!

I love this build! 

I think the clean industrial look is one few people pull off like this. Looking forward to more :)

Awesome, that's nice to hear :)

Damn that's clean. The cabling and the shrouds look really nice and it's not even finished yet (nearly)

:D thank you Thorium!

tumblr_mbi2e7Fun51r92s75o1_500.gif

I do this whenever I look at it ;)

Are you going to do anything with the black power supply cable? it looks really out of place there. The aluminium on the fan looks a little out of place as it's not brushed too.

I am considering cutting the end and putting sleeve on it. I am worried that I might damage the cable or connector though, and then not have a power cable at all. I have been thinking about this for around 4 weeks now, with this idea just sitting on the backburner... :)

Kind regards,

Justin

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone,

Just to let you all know, I am working on the final photos for Elegance. Here is a small teaser :)

This project has also been nominated as MOTM here on Bit Tech, so please head over and cast your vote for Elegance ;)http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/mod-of-the-month/2015/05/07/mod-of-the-month-april-2015/1

DSC09212_zpspvfmesfc.jpg

DSC09211_zpsgixyvwzd.jpg

DSC09209_zpse1xyltbg.jpg

With Best regards,

Justin

Hey everyone,

Just to let you all know, I am working on the final photos for Elegance. Here is a small teaser :)

This project has also been nominated as MOTM here on Bit Tech, so please head over and cast your vote for Elegance ;)http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/mod-of-the-month/2015/05/07/mod-of-the-month-april-2015/1

-snips-

With Best regards,
Justin

-drops pants-

DON"T STOP

May the light have your back and your ISO low.