Microsoft to implement ads in windows 8.1

delet my acc pls

In widows 8.1 microsoft is adding smart search a function implemented into the operating system which search for files inside the computer and a internet search using microsofts browser BING. And microsoft is planning to have ads in the smart search function to get "one step closer to the consumer"

Source http://m.sweclockers.com/artikel/17251-microsoft-bygger-in-reklam-i-windows-81

BTW link is not in english

English link http://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthof/2013/07/02/microsoft-to-add-bing-ads-to-windows-8-1-search/

... its all about da money 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

In widows 8.1 microsoft is adding smart search a function implemented into the operating system which search for files inside the computer and a internet search using microsofts browser BING. And microsoft is planning to have ads in the smart search function to get "one step closer to the consumer"

Source http://m.sweclockers.com/artikel/17251-microsoft-bygger-in-reklam-i-windows-81

BTW link is not in english

English link http://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthof/2013/07/02/microsoft-to-add-bing-ads-to-windows-8-1-search/

Well i dont really use bing at all, I love Microsoft but i cant stand Bing, oh well just delete that app from the start page big deal , two click and its gone for good.

Disgusting, very glad I'm on windows 7.

its only through the Bing search, so you would have to be connected to the internet and using Bing in the first place, so its not like your entire background is an add, just the search function when you ask it to search using bing.

Let's be honest, everything else about Windows 8 aside, this is very similar to what Canonical has done with the Ubuntu Dash integrating with Amazon. Of course, you can turn that off, and I doubt MS will let the user change anything when they have money to gain from it.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

my god microsoft i just want windows WITH OUT the metro crap 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

LOL more profit for 3rd party normal start/search developers!

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

there better be an adblock for this, or I'm downgrading to win 7.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

this makes me want to stay with windows 7 even more now.

Desktop CPU: Intel i5 2500K Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H GPU: EVGA 660TI 2GB Ram: Kingston 8GB 1333Mhz PSU: Unknown 500w Case: Unknown Hard drive:  WD Black 1TB Heatsink: stock OSWindows 8.1

I know my pc sucks but it does what I want it to do. 

Laptop Dell E6320 OSWindows 8.1 / Ubuntu gnome 15.04

Wait what? But Windows 8 is not a free OS. It costs so... there should not be any ads in it. If they're putting ads in it then they should make it free.

So what you're saying is, using Bing through the Windows 8 search function will now display the same information as using Bing through a browser? The horror. It's almost like Microsoft doesn't hate money.

I like how people complain, yet they use Chrome which tracks everything they visit on the interwebs with it, and builds up a profile on them to show appropriate ads.

I hate our society. It's so materialistic and consumer centric. If you don't go with the trend to CONSUME, CONSUME, CONSUME SOME MOAR then marketing campaigns attempt to make you feel like an outcast for doing so. As much as I love tech, I've made it a goal of mine not to throw everything out after a few months - a few years if not absolutely necessary from breaking or being unusable in some form or another.

Sure,,, I won't have the latest and greatest, but as long as it works and meets my needs I'll learn to be content. I also save some money in the long run.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I like how people complain, yet they use Chrome which tracks everything they visit on the interwebs with it, and builds up a profile on them to show appropriate ads.

I bet most people use Adblock anyway.

I hate our society. It's so materialistic and consumer centric. If you don't go with the trend to CONSUME, CONSUME, CONSUME SOME MOAR then marketing campaigns attempt to make you feel like an outcast for doing so. As much as I love tech, I've made it a goal of mine not to throw everything out after a few months - a few years if not absolutely necessary from breaking or being unusable in some form or another.

Sure,,, I won't have the latest and greatest, but as long as it works and meets my needs I'll learn to be content. I also save some money in the long run.

That is why you buy what you need, not for fashion statement.

I still my got old brick size Zune 120 MP3 player. Use it everyday.

Zune Master Race, i still have my brown 30gb brick, love the thing to death as I know the thing is built like a Nokia Phone, you drop it on the ground and the ground breaks, not the player :D

To be fair, we don't always buy only what we need but I completely understand what you're saying.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

have anyone ever used youtube on internet explorer ... there are like 7 ads on a single page ... i think some are layered on by microsoft of something is wrong  

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))