RISE VR Tech Demo powered by Unreal Engine 4

RISE is a fully immersive virtual reality experience that tells the story of a robot uprising from the perspective of a sentient robot agitator who’s been captured. The project explores the confluence of VR and science fiction cinema.

Director David Karlak teamed up with Nurulize to create a unique VR experience that captures every minute detail and allows participants to experience a cinematic moment frozen in time.

It uses a middle-ware texture streaming technology available as a plugin for Unreal Engine 4, called Granite SDK (Developed by company Graphine http://graphinesoftware.com) and it allows developers to use gigabytes of texture data in real-time scenes.
This not only helps pushing the quality of games toward CG fidelity levels, but it also makes the opposite possible: using assets generated for CG productions in real-time environments.

It will be very interesting to see this technology being implemented in actual games, this is just another feature that adds on to the vast technological arsenal at UE4's disposal.
Since the engine has now become completely free, we might start seeing some interesting projects very soon.

The demo will be available for download in the near future.

Official RISE website: http://www.nurulize.com/rise-vr-tech-demo/

RISE_DK2_UE4_v001.0021.jpg Edited by GoodBytes
Layout fixed.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

This is awesome.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I think I need to download unreal engine 4 now, I think you get a free code for unreal tournament or something very similar. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

This is awesome.

UE4 is just kicking ass right now, i hope it's extremely widely adopted.

BTW has anyone posted the UE4 Kite real-time demo?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

This UE4 is honeydicking us so much now that my penis can only get so erected...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I think I need to download unreal engine 4 now, I think you get a free code for unreal tournament or something very similar. 

Unreal Tournament is completely open for everyone, you don't need any codes for it.

Anyone can get and and start contributing to the development either by testing and reporting bugs or creating content for it and put it on the marketplace.

UE4 is just kicking ass right now, i hope it's extremely widely adopted.

BTW has anyone posted the UE4 Kite real-time demo?

DAMN! When is this demo public? I want to run that.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

DAMN! When is this demo public? I want to run that.

Soon, they just had a livestream for 1h where they showed free cam mode around the map.

They also explained all the stuff that went into it.

They said it will be released soon to the public.

They even had a drone camera mode which looked insanely real.

Why is all of my formatting gone in the news post?

• 2 weeks later...