Do I need to upgrade my gpu?

NOOB1990
Go to solution Solved by Kanbari,

Wish you the best!

Yeah that will deff help. When I build my next system. Pay more now and not have to buy another one later. And will overclocking my cpu help any?

I dont have any expirence of overclocking of any kind i just keep them as they designed to be, considering that your pc is old i can imagine that motherboard simply wont support it, any thing could go wrong, burn a circuit or something, you would be done.

Its ain't worth the risk, how much you gonna squeeze out of it, not even 5%, you have tight budget and want to enjoy gaming ,and you will, better leave it alone.

I've seen 3.0 stable but Idk the mo. That's about 11%. Ill wait till I have my other system and just practice overclocking on this one. Ill jUst enjoy it at stock speeds foot now

Thanks. You all have been a great help

If you're willing to go used you could probably find a GTX 670 for $120. Something like a GTX 660 or HD 7870 would also be really nice to hold you over for a year. Hell, maybe you get lucky and find a really good price on an HD 7950.

yea defiantly. i went used with gpu. scored a windforce GTX 680 for $100 off craigslist. Just be conscious on what you buy and always test before you buy :D

200$, i would recommend a gtx 660, if possible or r9 280, cpu still has enough horses to drive some modern titles, you could check linus video on scrap yard competition, cor2 quad coupled with hd 6950 was at pretty good performance leve, imagine with r9 280 (hd7950), not bad at all, but it all comes to how strong is your psu.

Wat? Linus had a 7950 in scrapyard wars (I'm pretty sure).

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

yea defiantly. i went used with gpu. scored a windforce GTX 680 for $100 off craigslist. Just be conscious on what you buy and always test before you buy :D

Wow, a 680 for $100 is insane, and a Windforce at that. Did the seller have a drug habit to support?  :lol:

Wow, a 680 for $100 is insane, and a Windforce at that. Did the seller have a drug habit to support?  :lol:

Well its only the 2gb version not the 4gb. And he had a second one as well. i should have gotten them both :-(

Wat? Linus had a 7950 in scrapyard wars (I'm pretty sure).

Yes it was a 7950.

WTF with all the people saying to not upgrade gpu? It's the single easiest thing to transfer to another build if he decides to upgrade later ...

Yes it was a 7950.

WTF with all the people saying to not upgrade gpu? It's the single easiest thing to transfer to another build if he decides to upgrade later ...

Very true. OP could upgrade the GPU now and just toss it into a new build later.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

yep it was hd 7950, i actually watched the three videos before and the only thing that i got stuck in my mind was 6950, oh man ...

soory.