Bladeless air cooling

heineygoat

What if there were 120mm air multipliers that you could mount inside a case?

dyson-fan-pr-1.jpg

Lol just a silly idea. The Dyson fans are too expensive for it to be worth doing, but look at these little guys

$T2eC16RHJHYE9nzpdUZdBQ+qnIminQ~~60_12.J

They're $15. If a small Chinese factory can make these for $15 then it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch for someone like Corsair or something to make a 120mm one for a computer case.

But then again, maybe they make just as much noise idk.

Get one 120mm air multiplier as an intake and one as an exhaust and a passive cpu cooler and gpu cooler in a Define R4 or maybe one of those Nonaxia cases, wouldn't expect any crazy overclocks but damn that would be the quietest custom build ever right? 

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

What'd be really cool is if these were made to specific sizes, for example, the size of a side panel.  Then you could mount it as outtake, and you could have a hollow side panel, that won't collect dust because the fan is outtake.

Basically, a windowed side panel without the window.

ahh witchcraft :o

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

ahh witchcraft :o

no that's magnets ... i think this would be noisy

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

I hear these things are noisy as hell.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

What'd be really cool is if these were made to specific sizes, for example, the size of a side panel.  Then you could mount it as outtake, and you could have a hollow side panel, that won't collect dust because the fan is outtake.

Basically, a windowed side panel without the window.

Your freaking me out with the craziness... :lol:

Those things.. make crackly pops and stuff all the time. I think it works by running like a million volts through a hair thin wire and viola, a fan. 

They make ozone too, which smells nice.

I don't think you'll be seeing these in p/p soon.. 

noisy.....they are always on display on target and like barely work..........

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Those things.. make crackly pops and stuff all the time. I think it works by running like a million volts through a hair thin wire and viola, a fan. 

They make ozone too, which smells nice.

I don't think you'll be seeing these in p/p soon.. 

that not how they work, http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/home/dyson-bladeless-fan1.htm

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Regarding the windowless side panel, not a great plan. The lack of a physical barrier between your delicate electronics and the outside world which may or may not include pets or people who don't understand ESD or the concept of not destroying expensive technology is probably a bad choice. Also, your overall pressure when your system is running might theoretically reduce dust buildup, even with the huge open side panel, but when your system is off... that huge open side would certainly result in a dusty system.

PC hardware still on a budget, 2 graduate degrees later.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780

And yeah, do we really want something that runs on STATIC in our PC's?

PC hardware still on a budget, 2 graduate degrees later.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780

Oh these things are pretty useless, yes they work in the mall, because the mall is cool, but in a real world scenario with a house with no A/C, these things are just terrible, one of my friends got them, lol. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Theres a pretty standard fan with blades in those things...

dyson-hands-2.jpeg

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W