To buy or not to buy? That is the question.

Dive5885

So I saved up some money for a new Gpu, Now the question is should I wait and see what happens with the new AMD Gpu's coming soon or go with a R9 290X?

My other option is to get another 7950 and Crossfire, This option is also cheaper but is it worth it?

Let me know what you guys think!

Wait it out or go with a R9 290X?

Thanks!

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

Sell your 7950 and wait for the 390x. 390x will be miles better then CF 7950s

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

Well you have a 7950 now. Is there anything you want to play that you cannot play with your 7950? If yes, then grab a 290X. If no, then wait.

I personally hate the waiting game.

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

This is unrelated but..

Dude, I've used the same phrase in some of my previous posts as well.

Coincidence?

It might be!

Maybe its a sign..

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

Well you have a 7950 now. Is there anything you want to play that you cannot play with your 7950? If yes, then grab a 290X. If no, then wait.

I personally hate the waiting game.

Everythings running like I want it, So no complaints there.

I think we all hate the waiting game!

390x will be miles better then CF 7950s

Oh look! Someone from the future!

Would you mind telling us more about this non-existent GPU from the future and how it performs???

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i would rather wait and get better cards

7950s are alright but they are getting older now

Old but still kicking!

Sell your 7950 and wait for the 390x. 390x will be miles better then CF 7950s

I have it posted in classifieds.

I almost picked up a GTX 970 from bestbuy but I ended up passing it up.

Old but still kicking!

when i replaced my two 6950s i went with the 780 because the one card performed better than two lol

see if anything from Nvidias bigger maxwell or AMDs new island will give you that

when i replaced my two 6950s i went with the 780 because the one card performed better than two lol

see if anything from Nvidias bigger maxwell or AMDs new island will give you that

I stopped by Bestbuy today and they had the EVGA GTX 970 SSC for $379.99 but I didn't get sense I'm not totally sure what I want just yet.

I feel like waiting might be the best thing to do.

I stopped by Bestbuy today and they had the EVGA GTX 970 SSC for $379.99 but I didn't get sense I'm not totally sure what I want just yet.

I feel like waiting might be the best thing to do.

Since you mentioned that currently, your card still works really great and no complain on all the games, mind as well wait for the time being. No rush man. Who knows when the new AMD gpu comes out, the older ones like 290x will drop in price? By then, don't even need to get the new AMD gpu, you can go for the 290x instead.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Since you mentioned that currently, your card still works really great and no complain on all the games, mind as well wait for the time being. No rush man. Who knows when the new AMD gpu comes out, the older ones like 290x will drop in price? By then, don't even need to get the new AMD gpu, you can go for the 290x instead.

You're right man, I think it was the excitement of getting a new Gpu that had me thinking of replacing the 7950 lol

Time to wait and see what AMD has in store for everyone!

You're right man, I think it was the excitement of getting a new Gpu that had me thinking of replacing the 7950 lol

It's just gonna even more delicious when you pop that 300 in! Maybe some cosmectic modding can give you some new thing kick without the expense of a GPU.

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Haha. I totally know the feeling. Just like when I was planning on my rig, I actually wanted to get like 2 - 4 x 1TB SSD so the 1 will be for OS then the rest I could like raid 0 them for storage. I just want to have the feeling of owning / buying them. After cooling down, I didn't purchase them. Thank god I took some time for my rig to be ready, that gave me time to cool off the feeling and "THINK" properly. Haha.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

It's just gonna even more delicious when you pop that 300 in! Maybe some cosmectic modding can give you some new thing kick without the expense of a GPU.

Maybe but I'm not sure what to do.

Haha. I totally know the feeling. Just like when I was planning on my rig, I actually wanted to get like 2 - 4 x 1TB SSD so the 1 will be for OS then the rest I could like raid 0 them for storage. I just want to have the feeling of owning / buying them. After cooling down, I didn't purchase them. Thank god I took some time for my rig to be ready, that gave me time to cool off the feeling and "THINK" properly. Haha.

Damn 4 x 1TB SSD is crazy haha!

I think the feeling of owning something new is what has me wanting to buy. I usually purchase my Gpu's used to save money but this time I have the chance to purchase a New in box Gpu.

That's why I made this thread to ask everyone here at LTT to see what they think!

Damn 4 x 1TB SSD is crazy haha!

I think the feeling of owning something new is what has me wanting to buy. I usually purchase my Gpu's used to save money but this time I have the chance to purchase a New in box Gpu.

That's why I made this thread to ask everyone here at LTT to see what they think!

Haha. I know it's crazy and thank god I did not purchase them. Haha. Yeah, when I 1st purchase my current rig, it's also my 1st time buying it using my own money. 

Spoiler

Haha. I know it's crazy and thank god I did not purchase them. Haha. Yeah, when I 1st purchase my current rig, it's also my 1st time buying it using my own money. 

Feels good to buy with you're own money!

I try not to spend much on computer hardware but I occasionally I move some money to my savings account for occasions like buying a new gpu.

Feels good to buy with you're own money!

I try not to spend much on computer hardware but I occasionally I move some money to my savings account for occasions like buying a new gpu.

Well, I'm single and not much plan at the moment. So other than saving up, the rest of my money would usually be spend on my PC. Haha. Although its done, but not really done done, if you get what I mean. I'm gonna slowly continue to upgrade my PC like getting 1 more GPU for CF as well as getting a 4K monitor. Also other stuffs. Haha. 

Spoiler

Wait for 3 series to come out and then buy 290 crossfire

Maybe there might be even a bigger price drop on the R9 290,290X & 295X2 after the release of the 300 series

Well, I'm single and not much plan at the moment. So other than saving up, the rest of my money would usually be spend on my PC. Haha. Although its done, but not really done done, if you get what I mean. I'm gonna slowly continue to upgrade my PC like getting 1 more GPU for CF as well as getting a 4K monitor. Also other stuffs. Haha. 

Lol lucky you, its nice to be single. You have all the money to spend on you're self.

You can never be done upgrading, there's always something!

I spent about $150 on upgrading all my Fans.

Never again will I do that haha.