Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 - 7.0 Wi-Fi only

FluffiestPond

I'm planning on buying myself a starter Tablet and I've pretty much set myself on the Samsung tab4 7.0 Wi-Fi only. 

But I have a few questions that I can't really find definitive answers for on Google:

#1 Is it possible to use the GPS feature without any Wi-Fi or carrier connections? For example is pre-caching maps a usable possibility?  

#2 Can the IR function on the Tablet be used on standard non Smart-TVs? If so  what app(s) would be best? 

#3 I'm currently in the process of setting up my media centre with a huge storage of movies/TV Shows etc, I'm using plex.tv as the client, would the Tablet be able to run something like that smoothly? (More in-home then out and about) 

Any other information and thoughts on it would be much appreciated, as this is my first tablet. 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

#1 Is it possible to use the GPS feature without any Wi-Fi or carrier connections? For example is pre-caching maps a usable possibility?  

Yes, I believe it just acts like a normal GPS without any WiFi or Carrier

#2 Can the IR function on the Tablet be used on standard non Smart-TVs? If so  what app(s) would be best? 

Yes, its just a IR code; there's and included app with Touch Wiz that allows you to use it

#3 I'm currently in the process of setting up my media centre with a huge storage of movies/TV Shows etc, I'm using plex.tv as the client, would the Tablet be able to run something like that smoothly? (More in-home then out and about) 

I believe you can stream from your HTPC to your tablet using the PLEX app.

Yes, I believe it just acts like a normal GPS without any WiFi or Carrier

Yes, its just a IR code; there's and included app with Touch Wiz that allows you to use it

I believe you can stream from your HTPC to your tablet using the PLEX app.

As regards to the GPS function, how would I get it to work? Are there any apps I would need to download, paid or free?  Also does it work like a moving GPS with all the Turn Left bs, or just a usable map?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat