Do any cases use aluminum for the mobo tray?

907rider

Hey all, so I've got a sort of "ultimate liquid cooled build" coming up this summer, it is going to be in a totally custom one off case that I will make myself (I work in a machine shop and specialize in metal working so not that big of a deal for me to whip something up) anyways I was hoping to save a tad bit of time by essentially cutting the motherboard tray and and back panel (for the PCI lanes) out of another case and using them in mine.

I don't mind buying a brand new case and cutting it, but as I said I need the material to be aluminum, anyone know of any cases like this?

Everything made by Lian Li basically, you could save yourself the trouble of cutting the tray out of a case and get a PC-T60. It's a test bench and the mobo tray could very easily be worked into a case without much modification.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Everything made by Lian Li basically, you could save yourself the trouble of cutting the tray out of a case and get a PC-T60. It's a test bench and the mobo tray could very easily be worked into a case without much modification.

Ahhhh okay, thats a good idea, thanks for the info! 

@907rider you used to actually be able to buy Lian Li's motherboard tray separately. Unsure if you still can.

I checked and I do see what you are talking about, but I dont see any option to buy it anymore. I sent off an email to them, hopefully we can work something out because that would be perfect!

Also I should have stated in the original post that if I do find a back plate it needs to have 8 pci openings.... going with quad sli....

Hey all, so I've got a sort of "ultimate liquid cooled build" coming up this summer, it is going to be in a totally custom one off case that I will make myself (I work in a machine shop and specialize in metal working so not that big of a deal for me to whip something up) anyways I was hoping to save a tad bit of time by essentially cutting the motherboard tray and and back panel (for the PCI lanes) out of another case and using them in mine.

I don't mind buying a brand new case and cutting it, but as I said I need the material to be aluminum, anyone know of any cases like this?

Mountain Mods still sells individual aluminum motherboard trays and accessories if you need.

http://www.mountainmods.com/motherboard-parts-c-21_34_66.html

Coolermaster stacker 830 has an aluminum removable tray I picked up my case 2nd hand for $50AUD

That would be perfect, exactly what I need, except I have to have 8 pc slots and that only has 7. Actually... I might be able to make 7 work....hmmmm