Corsair Vengeance M95: A Lefty Review

Hey everyone. I recently bought a Corsair Vengeance M95. Before getting into all the details, I'd like to mention that I switched from a Logitech MX Revolution and that I am left-handed (therefore the title). This is also my first review ever of any kind, so if I missed anything let me know. One last thing, sorry if some of the pictures are blurry because I took them with my S3.

For first impressions, right when I opened the box I noticed that the mouse is very solid and just looks professionally built. However, I noticed that the two main mouse buttons were slightly "hair-trigger" types. Not a lot of pressure is needed to make a click, but I got used to them very quickly. The scroll wheel is also very nicely implemented, reminding me of Batman's bike in The Dark Knight, or something along those lines.

Now, I am generally easy to adapt to new keyboards and mice so switching from the MX Revolution to the M95 was extremely easy. Size wise, I think the MX Revolution is slightly larger but the M95 definitely has a little more weight to it. i don't mind it though, since I enjoy heavy mice. Here is a quick size comparison and also how I grip/hold the mouse. I have large hands, although nowhere close to Slick's mitts, I'd like to think.

6xISJ1Qh.jpg
f8kyFYO.jpg?1?6079

As you can see, I'm slightly clawing the M95, but it is still a pretty big mouse. You can also see how beat up my MX Revolution is.  :D

Now, for an in-depth review of the buttons this mouse offers. If I counted correctly, the mouse has 15 total buttons. The software that you get from Corsair is pretty easy to use, but does have a slight learning curve. You can configure every button on the mouse, and can also set up macros. There are 6 buttons on the top of the mouse (including left, middle, and right click) and 9 on the left side of the mouse. Here's where the left handed part comes into play. While I can comfortably hold the mouse with my left hand, I can't use almost any of the buttons, although I can reach like two with my left pinkie. So, because of that, I've taken a small challenge in trying to use it with my right hand and to be honest, I've gotten a lot better at it!  :) However, even with my right thumb, some of the buttons on the side are kind of hard to get to and require you to move your thumb significantly. Here's a little diagram I made of how easy it is to reach each button.

DFbOPZMh.jpg

So as you can see I can reach about five of the side buttons without a problem, which is about just what i need for DotA. A small issue, however, is that you have to press them firmly or the button press will sometimes not register and then you get killed by a really well-fed Viper. This is a really small problem, however.

As for the top, there are two buttons on the upper left edge of the left mouse button that by default adjust DPI, but that can be changed in the software. There is another button right below the scroll wheel. Here is another picture to see what I'm talking about.

aqmgAagh.jpg

The glowing button below the scroll wheel has a really satisfying click to it, being very similar in sound and feel to a normal left or right click. The scroll wheel is kind of hard to depress, but it's not really a problem. The two buttons on the edge were very stiff when I first started to use the mouse but eventually got a little more comfortable to use and press. I personally have these set to open the store and level up selection thing in DotA.

I feel like I've gotten out everything I have to say about the mouse. The braided cable is very nice, and I even got the MM600 mouse mat. If you want a small review of the mat, it's very sturdy, has an amazing gliding surface, and looks great, especially with the M95 on it. Below, I have a few more pictures I took of the mouse and mouse mat if you would like to see them. Hope this review helped, and if I need to summarize this in any way, then I'm really happy with my purchase!

If you have any questions about the mouse or mouse mat, please ask and I'll answer them to the best of my ability and then add them to this original post.  ^_^

PBxk0POh.jpg
rTVLziDh.jpg
Rt4X9F1h.jpg
F8xxbDKh.jpg
1pg8FqUh.jpg

Edit: My next purchase and review will be a Ducky Shine III when it is released. Very excited!

| NCASE M1 | ASUS ROG Strix Z270I | Intel Core i7-7770k | ASUS GTX 1070 ROG STRIX | SilverStone SFX600W | Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB | Corsair H100i v2 | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX300 525GB |

For someone that is left handed does that mean it is hard to press the spacebar. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

how is playing dota 2 wit the side buttons going?

Hey everyone. I recently bought a Corsair Vengeance M95. Before getting into all the details, I'd like to mention that I switched from a Logitech MX Revolution and that I am left-handed (therefore the title). This is also my first review ever of any kind, so if I missed anything let me know. One last thing, sorry if some of the pictures are blurry because I took them with my S3.

For first impressions, right when I opened the box I noticed that the mouse is very solid and just looks professionally built. However, I noticed that the two main mouse buttons were slightly "hair-trigger" types. Not a lot of pressure is needed to make a click, but I got used to them very quickly. The scroll wheel is also very nicely implemented, reminding me of Batman's bike in The Dark Knight, or something along those lines.

Now, I am generally easy to adapt to new keyboards and mice so switching from the MX Revolution to the M95 was extremely easy. Size wise, I think the MX Revolution is slightly larger but the M95 definitely has a little more weight to it. i don't mind it though, since I enjoy heavy mice. Here is a quick size comparison and also how I grip/hold the mouse. I have large hands, although nowhere close to Slick's mitts, I'd like to think.

6xISJ1Qh.jpg
f8kyFYO.jpg?1?6079

As you can see, I'm slightly clawing the M95, but it is still a pretty big mouse. You can also see how beat up my MX Revolution is.  :D

Now, for an in-depth review of the buttons this mouse offers. If I counted correctly, the mouse has 15 total buttons. The software that you get from Corsair is pretty easy to use, but does have a slight learning curve. You can configure every button on the mouse, and can also set up macros. There are 6 buttons on the top of the mouse (including left, middle, and right click) and 9 on the left side of the mouse. Here's where the left handed part comes into play. While I can comfortably hold the mouse with my left hand, I can't use almost any of the buttons, although I can reach like two with my left pinkie. So, because of that, I've taken a small challenge in trying to use it with my right hand and to be honest, I've gotten a lot better at it!  :) However, even with my right thumb, some of the buttons on the side are kind of hard to get to and require you to move your thumb significantly. Here's a little diagram I made of how easy it is to reach each button.

DFbOPZMh.jpg

So as you can see I can reach about five of the side buttons without a problem, which is about just what i need for DotA. A small issue, however, is that you have to press them firmly or the button press will sometimes not register and then you get killed by a really well-fed Viper. This is a really small problem, however.

As for the top, there are two buttons on the upper left edge of the left mouse button that by default adjust DPI, but that can be changed in the software. There is another button right below the scroll wheel. Here is another picture to see what I'm talking about.

aqmgAagh.jpg

The glowing button below the scroll wheel has a really satisfying click to it, being very similar in sound and feel to a normal left or right click. The scroll wheel is kind of hard to depress, but it's not really a problem. The two buttons on the edge were very stiff when I first started to use the mouse but eventually got a little more comfortable to use and press. I personally have these set to open the store and level up selection thing in DotA.

I feel like I've gotten out everything I have to say about the mouse. The braided cable is very nice, and I even got the MM600 mouse mat. If you want a small review of the mat, it's very sturdy, has an amazing gliding surface, and looks great, especially with the M95 on it. Below, I have a few more pictures I took of the mouse and mouse mat if you would like to see them. Hope this review helped, and if I need to summarize this in any way, then I'm really happy with my purchase!

If you have any questions about the mouse or mouse mat, please ask and I'll answer them to the best of my ability and then add them to this original post.  ^_^

PBxk0POh.jpg
rTVLziDh.jpg
Rt4X9F1h.jpg
F8xxbDKh.jpg
1pg8FqUh.jpg

Edit: My next purchase and review will be a Ducky Shine III when it is released. Very excited!

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon

how is playing dota 2 wit the side buttons going?

It's been going pretty well. Aside from having to firmly press them, I rarely have to use my keyboard. I still have some of my inventory bound to keys on the keyboard, and auto-casting I still do through my keyboard. It took a little to get used to just using the mouse to cast abilities and not reach for my keyboard, but it's something I quickly got out of. I have my ultimate bound to the center button side button, and I love that the most. Feels very... ultimate.

For someone that is left handed does that mean it is hard to press the spacebar. 

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but using the keyboard and mouse is pretty much the same if you're left handed, at least for me. I reach all buttons just fine.

| NCASE M1 | ASUS ROG Strix Z270I | Intel Core i7-7770k | ASUS GTX 1070 ROG STRIX | SilverStone SFX600W | Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB | Corsair H100i v2 | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX300 525GB |

It's been going pretty well. Aside from having to firmly press them, I rarely have to use my keyboard. I still have some of my inventory bound to keys on the keyboard, and auto-casting I still do through my keyboard. It took a little to get used to just using the mouse to cast abilities and not reach for my keyboard, but it's something I quickly got out of. I have my ultimate bound to the center button side button, and I love that the most. Feels very... ultimate.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but using the keyboard and mouse is pretty much the same if you're left handed, at least for me. I reach all buttons just fine.

Firmly press them? how so, and how hard is it? i always thought it would more gentle, aywho have you owned the naga hex?

Firmly press them? how so, and how hard is it? i always thought it would more gentle, aywho have you owned the naga hex?

Not very hard, I might even be exaggerating a little. I could liken the press to like the home button on an S3 or iPhone. There is still some pressure required though. And no I never bought a Naga Hex.

Not very hard, I might even be exaggerating a little. I could liken the press to like the home button on an S3 or iPhone. There is still some pressure required though. And no I never bought a Naga Hex.

Oh ok thanks!

Don't.  :P