R9 290x cross fire random fan spikes

Matriox

So i'm just using my pc normally browsing the web and next thing i know my gpu(idk which one) RAMPS in fan speed and it literally can be heard in my garage which is below my room... So is there any explanation for this?

For any other info you need ask me and i will be glad to assist

Gpu1- R9 290x Sapphire Tri-x

Gpu2- R9 290 Vision tek (dual fan)

I also went into msi afterburner and it shows gpu 1 fan at 40% and gpu2 fan at 30% also the temps are in the mid 40s to low 50s 

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

Driver update?

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Your fan profile could be constantly crossing a temp threshold and speeding up. If they are very close they may be one chocking.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Your fan profile could be constantly crossing a temp threshold and speeding up. If they are very close they may be one chocking.

There's about a 1 inch gap between both cards

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

There's about a 1 inch gap between both cards

hmm shouldn't be doing that at idle. 

check  your temps that nothing is going crazy on the top card. Also, you can download msi, afterburner it has custom fan curves.  :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Heyyo,

Not guaranteed to fix your issue, but if you have one of the early releases? There is a small chance there could be a bug in the BIOS of the card.

As seen here for example on that Sapphire Tri-X card:

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?architecture=ATI&manufacturer=Sapphire&model=R9+290&interface=PCI-E&memType=GDDR5&memSize=4096&did=1002-67b1--

I say this because some GPUs get firmware updates to revise when the fan kicks on such as recently with the NVIDIA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 firmware update here:

[urlhttp://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GTX-970-ACX-Firmware-Update-v11-m2228516.aspx

Of course, just like motherboard BIOS flashing? There's always the risk the update will fail and turn your GPUs into a very expensive coffee coaster... so it's at your own risk if you really wish to attempt it.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Try a custom fan curves with afterburner. Should force them to your desired speed.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D