I need some help with headache problems when I play for a long time?

GreatRP
Go to solution Solved by Arty,

Hi so I spend a lot of my day on my computer and lately I have been having problems with headaches after a few hours of looking at all the wondrous cat pictures Google has. I astigmatism and I already wear normal prescription glasses and I been thinking about getting something like gunnar optiks to help my headache issue but I'm not sure if that would help. So do any of you fine people have any advice or your opinion on gunnar optiks???

lower brightness/contrast

Hi so I spend a lot of my day on my computer and lately I have been having problems with headaches after a few hours of looking at all the wondrous cat pictures Google has. I astigmatism and I already wear normal prescription glasses and I been thinking about getting something like gunnar optiks to help my headache issue but I'm not sure if that would help. So do any of you fine people have any advice or your opinion on gunnar optiks???

Are you sitting in front of the monitor in the dark? If so, turn the lights on. And you could also see if you could lower the brightness slightly.

Are you sitting in front of the monitor in the dark? If so, turn the lights on. And you could also see if you could lower the brightness slightly.

No i try to keep the room as bright as i can and i do have the brightness and contrast turned really far down but it only helps slight. 

No i try to keep the room as bright as i can and i do have the brightness and contrast turned really far down but it only helps slight. 

Maybe you can't handle it? "not offence"

try building your way up

sit for like 2 hours a time go away and build on that

i sit 9-10 hours a day infront of a computer and i dont get headaches or eye strains

I always found that I got headaches from playing at low framerate (<45)... seriously :/

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Get this - https://justgetflux.com/

Have a light source behind you thats bright.

turn down brightness on monitors.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You could try F.lux, it sure helped me, though it's mostly for eyestrain (can cause headaches in the long run) I personally have it set to 3500k all day long. It's noticeable at first, but after that you barely see it.
It could also just be that your glasses don't fit your current needs. Your vision can change overtime afterall.

Something else you can do, is take a 10 minute break every hour or so, away from a screen.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Maybe you can't handle it? "not offence"

try building your way up

sit for like 2 hours a time go away and build on that

i sit 9-10 hours a day infront of a computer and i dont get headaches or eye strain

yea i would think trying that and havign breaks might help.

Get this - https://justgetflux.com/

Have a light source behind you thats bright.

turn down brightness on monitors.

You could try F.lux, it sure helped me, though it's mostly for eyestrain (can cause headaches in the long run) I personally have it set to 3500k all day long. It's noticeable at first, but after that you barely see it.

It could also just be that your glasses don't fit your current needs. Your vision can change overtime afterall.

Something else you can do, is take a 10 minute break every hour or so, away from a screen.

the F.lux seems like a good idea i might try and i think the ten minute breaks can help a lot too.

Don't know about optiks.

Could monitor flicker be affecting you, I honestly don't know how legit that is but it could be something to consider. Whether through backlight or throuch refresh rate.

Another thing to do is drink a lot of water - not soda, tea, etc. When you're dehydrated even a little bit, your brain can strain itself much quicker, and induce headaches.

Water is the only thing that can truly hydrate you; just because something like a soda is a liquid, doesn't mean it's good for hydrating you.