What are you doing for a living?

emachado99

Just thought it would be kinda cool to hear, what people on here do for a living :)

If you're going to college/university, list what your going to school for.. if you're in high school list what you'd like to do after you've graduated :D

As for me, currently I'm in high school. Not quite sure what I want to go to college for after this, but I have a rough idea. Probably something to do with Human Resources, or something in the Agricultural industry. I was thinking about the law, but it can be quite boring. Also I'm doing a co-op placement next year so that'll help me decide what job would be good for me (hopefully :P)

Not exactly a living, but at my high school I operate lighting and sound boards for band concerts and such. ($8.15 an hour, no tax, very little actual work involved :P)

After I graduate high school, I'd like to do something in the engineering field, and for a living I'd like to do something in the field of computer repair.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'm at uni taking a Computer Science degree ;)

Also, I'm the part-time "IT Guy" over @ a company

Not exactly a living, but at my high school I operate lighting and sound boards for band concerts and such. ($8.15 an hour, no tax, very little actual work involved :P)

After I graduate high school, I'd like to do something in the engineering field, and for a living I'd like to do something in the field of computer repair.

I wanted to do something in the computer field for a while, but it just seems to me that the computer industry is so saturated, and it can be hard to get a job, especially a good paying job.

School 10th grade

i make like 50$ a month of youtube xD

currently, nothing. occasionally, I get a few dollars added to a paypall I dont even remember the name of, due to some past shenanigans.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

ATM I'm a High School Sophomore, but I do have a $7.75 / hour part time very easy job at a neighbor's BBQ joint. I work about 20 hours a week and helps me fund some items I purchase for myself, such as my phone and computer "upgrades". Also misc. stuff. I'm not exactly sure what I intend to do in the future. Something along the lines of Computer Science, or something involving computers. I very much enjoy taking apart electronics and just doing stuff with them.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Eat, drink, breath.. Oh you mean that kind of 'for a living'!

I'm a student. Will do an internship next year and after that I will be done with school.

I do game development by the way :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I wanted to do something in the computer field for a while, but it just seems to me that the computer industry is so saturated, and it can be hard to get a job, especially a good paying job.

Yeah, although a few of my computer teachers have mentioned how michigan has a few thousand job openings for programmers, though I don't care a ton for programming, I just wanna build computers, fix computers, etc...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Family IT, local IT, if they want remote IT, I charge steam games. So far it's worked out for me. :P

College/Uni Student. I am studying BCMB and Physics and basically never intend to leave academia (read I intend on becoming a Professor/Researcher myself not that I am going to be an eternal bum). I don't know what country I am going to end up in at the moment I have an eye towards Japan as they have two universities researching the things I am interested in. England and other European countries are also an option. Right now I am in the U.S. and of course there is a good chance I will be here.

Don't know why I put all of that other than the fact I don't want to do my homework at the moment.

The award fits...

I was in occupational health and safety within the mining industry but my lungs had other ideas, now im a stay at home gamer  :P

apprentice mechanic 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I'm in high school and hope to run my own robotics/electronics business at some point :) . I plan on doing robotically or design engineering at university

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

Yeah, although a few of my computer teachers have mentioned how michigan has a few thousand job openings for programmers, though I don't care a ton for programming, I just wanna build computers, fix computers, etc...

That just hit me right in the interests.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Currently a college student (IT) with no job or income, i am however looking for a part time job. Originally i did want to further onto University and study Digital Forensics; however i'm starting to wonder if it's for me. So i'm currently debating if doing a degree is for me, or if a technical role in the armed forces is more suited for me.

Never really liked the idea of a job which involves sitting behind a computer all day... Even though i love computers, yeah, i don't know what i'm doing with my life atm. 

currently, nothing. occasionally, I get a few dollars added to a paypall I dont even remember the name of, due to some past shenanigans.

whoah, either Im going crazy or you havent been on in months. good chance im crazy but if not, welcome back!

really? well. Im going to college for computer information systems. AND GUESS WHERE?!?! Im not huge into programming, but getting to advise companies, set up computers/ set up servers, now that peaks my intrest

I'm a pharmacy technician. On the side, I build computers, car work, and I do indoor painting.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

whoah, either Im going crazy or you havent been on in months. good chance im crazy but if not, welcome back!

really? well. Im going to college for computer information systems. AND GUESS WHERE?!?! Im not huge into programming, but getting to advise companies, set up computers/ set up servers, now that peaks my intrest

I was grounded, but now I'm just not on too often.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

School 10th grade

i make like 50$ a month of youtube xD

Pic or it didnt happen. I am looking at your YT channel, you need more subs and views to get even that much. 

That just hit me right in the interests.

Well actually, I could add in that I currently run a tekkit classic (minecraft modpack) server, and that has brought in more profit than my job has so far :P (Roughly $100 profit a month, whereas my job typically is $50-80, sometimes I don't even work an entire month)

Well actually, I could add in that I currently run a tekkit classic (minecraft modpack) server, and that has brought in more profit than my job has so far :P (Roughly $100 profit a month, whereas my job typically is $50-80, sometimes I don't even work an entire month)

Awesome!

I'm going to work for LMG... That's the dream anyways

Pretty sure thats the dream of around 90% of everyone on the forums.