Are there any popular RPGS out there...

MxZeal
Go to solution Solved by MxZeal,

games like WoW and SW:TOR are considered mmorpgs to the OP due to all the buttons, he wants a game runescape that is more focused on single player and being alone rather then being thrown in groups to do everything while not having a ton of buttons to press.

Games like that would be the elder scrolls online, runescape, guild wars 2, wildstar id put up there but its dieing, and a few more. Yes there are multiple types of mmos as league of legends is considered a mmo in the same respect WoW is a mmo.

Personally i think runescape is a great game, id play it still if i didnt lose my account. ESO seems fun but the community isnt for me and i dont like the armor nor the pvp. SWTOR i play all the time but lately i dont due to it just being so repetitive and i have everything id ever want on the game.

Perfect example of how dumb this forum is lol

Im fucking sick of mobas because there is no incentive to login and play...

i remember like 5-10 years ago the free to play market was filled with RPGS from maplestory to Mu online

These are RPGS not MMORPGS there is a big difference (i fucking hate MMOs tbh)

i loved games like these because it was always a sense of adventure when you login - "oh im going to play today and try to make 1million $""

"lets level up today!" "im going to grind that weapon drop today" ETC ETC

Are there any of these types of RPGS out there that are popular? (doesn't have to be LoL size just not dead) im getting sick of this dry spell of RPG games atm

BTW don't mention path of exile i played over 3k hours of it and i need a break lol

for those to lazy to read im not talking about singleplayer.

The Elder Scrolls Series
Dragonage
The Zelda games
etc
etc

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

The Elder Scrolls Series

Dragonage

The Zelda games

etc

etc

Im guessing you didn't even read my post.

Skyrim and Pokemon are my personal favorite RPG's 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Im guessing you didn't even read my post.

What do you ask for then? To me it sounded like you asked for RPG games that isnt online and isnt Path of Exile.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

What do you ask for then? To me it sounded like you asked for RPG games that isnt online and isnt Path of Exile.

never said anything about offline lol...

never said anything about offline lol...

I have not seen any RPG game that only is online, And not MMO.

It is MMO or Offline.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

-snip-

Someone's a little salty today. I'm sorry you feel that way, but if you do, why keep coming back?

If you can't just explain your reasoning for a question, and only respond with vague-half answers and insults, then perhaps don't respond at all. You requested an RPG, and not mmo styling, but listed mmo style rpgs as one's you idolized.

You appear to want a game we can't give you, because we aren't you. You can try games like Vindictus, or Guild wars, but your request appears to be less on the None-MMO factor and more on your own personal opinion. We can't make your opinions for you, you'll have to decide for yourself.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

-snip-

Go back to youtube then.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Star Wars: The Old Republic? Gives you plenty of things to do: follow the story, fight other players in PvP, do co-op or solo play depending on mood or content, collect things or try to conquer the hardest content, etc. It's free to play with optional subscription fee (or you can buy passes from the cash shop which can also be bought with in-game credits from other players).

games like WoW and SW:TOR are considered mmorpgs to the OP due to all the buttons, he wants a game runescape that is more focused on single player and being alone rather then being thrown in groups to do everything while not having a ton of buttons to press.

Games like that would be the elder scrolls online, runescape, guild wars 2, wildstar id put up there but its dieing, and a few more. Yes there are multiple types of mmos as league of legends is considered a mmo in the same respect WoW is a mmo.

Personally i think runescape is a great game, id play it still if i didnt lose my account. ESO seems fun but the community isnt for me and i dont like the armor nor the pvp. SWTOR i play all the time but lately i dont due to it just being so repetitive and i have everything id ever want on the game.

I apprechiate mmo's that allow you to progress alone aswell as in a group. Not like wow  where you litterally need a raid of 10 ppl to progress. (besides pvp that is, but i feel like wow pvp isnt the same annymore as it used to be with wpvp n stuff.)

Redliquid~

So we're dumb because the general consensus is that what you're asking for is essentially a kind of MMORPG?

How about you say this.  I'm looking for an MMORPG that isn't focused on group content, raids, and skill rotations? How hard was that? There was no reason to say "I fucking hate MMOs" and then proceed to give examples that by most people's standards are MMOs.  Just look at the blurb of Maplestory's official website on Google, "Unleash your wild side in Maplestory, the most engaging and action-packed FREE MMORPG."

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

you asked for RPGs, someone gave you some RPGS, you said no I want online games.  Someone gave you online mmorpgs / hack'n'slash and you call them dumb.

Kay...

RPG is Role play game ,right?

And MMO masivly multiplayer online

For an RPG then id recommend arma 3 altis life :)

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well as far as MMORPGS go prepare to relive your childhood. Regular RPGs though not sure

http://oldschool.runescape.com/

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition