HTC One M9 official release pictures and specs leak out - Official Conference Info + More

htc-one-m9-24-9b9nOpn.jpg

Here it officially is? Officially looking enough, thats for sure. 

Here is a rundown of the specs that have been leaked just days before its official announcement:

750 Euros in Germany

Snapdragon 810 @ 2GHz

3GB RAM

32GB onboard + mSD

20MP sensor

5.0 w/ Sense 7

5" 1080p
BoomSound speakers

Gunmetal Grey + Silver/Gold 

2900mAh battery

157.5 gram weight

9.61mm thickness (thicker than M8, camera also isn't flush with the back so it will stick out)
April 9th release date in Germany

I think at 5", a 1080p panel will be pretty good and having more pixels doesn't always make sense. I do think it looks nice, I don't like the gold/silver combo but the gunmetal one looks sharp. It looks like a conservative upgrade over the M8, not enough to make people want to ditch their M8s but enough to be a solid update to what was already a solid phone.

onem9444.0.jpg

onem9b2.0.jpg

onem933.0.jpg

The guys over at Mobile Geekshave come across online listings of HTC's new flagship — expected to be called the One M9 — which provide a full set of specifications and press images alongside a price of 749 euros in Germany. There are no surprises in the enumerated specs, which include a 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 810 processor, 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of storage plus microSD expansion. The UltraPixel camera is said to have been moved to the front of the device while the rear features a new 20-megapixel sensor, housed inside a camera module that protrudes slightly from the phone's body. 

The BoomSound speakers are as prominent as ever, framing a 5-inch display with 1080p resolution, and the overall aesthetic appears to have remained largely unchanged. The power button seems to have been moved to the side with this new phone.

The One M9 is set to launch on March 1st during MWC in Barcelona, and we'll be there to cover it live. Tune in then for the full official details.

The camera on the back uses a 20-megapixel sensor with autofocus and BSI sensoras already suspected by an optical image stabilization is no speech in our documents. On the front is a UltraPixel camera with 4.0 megapixeln are also predictably used, used already at the HTC desire 826. Of course, it has the rear camera as already also a dual-LED flash with two different shades. 4.1. LTE support is sparked when the HTC one M9 using Gigabit-WLAN and Bluetooth up to 300 MBit / s and NFC are also included. GPS and the usual sensors are also provided. 

With 9,61 mmn is the HTC one M9 a small little thicker than its predecessor, but through the curved shape is the device thinner than it actually is. Unfortunately, the camera a little bit from the housing stands out, so that the phone is not smooth on the table. This has not only disadvantages, because through the square frame around the camera, the device will wobble probably not more so strong as its predecessor, if flat lying be typing it on the table. The weight is specified with 157.5 grams HTC reduces weight compared to its predecessor to a few grams so. The battery offers a capacity of 2900mAh and has grown thus compared to its predecessor once more.

As usual, HTC in the one M9 wants to again accommodate its BoomSound speakers on the front that probably again are likely to provide thanks to Dolby audio and even surround sound a sound experience that is otherwise hardly expected of smartphones. Three microphones should also provide for optimal audio quality when pictures and videos.

htc-one-m9-announce-fullbleed.jpg

Here are some more specs on the camera, you've got your 4K shooting at a 27.8mm lens. Seems like a solid step up from the UltraPixel nonsense, hopefully the low light shooting stays good. 

Perhaps the biggest change comes in the form of a new rear-facing camera unit. HTC called an abrupt stop to the megapixel wars with the introduction of its UltraPixel tech, which used large, less densely packed pixels that absorbed more light. That's all gone this time around, as there's now a more conventional 20-megapixel sensor set in a square camera unit at the rear of the phone. HTC is promising big things from this camera, touting its f/2.2, 27.8mm lens and, thanks to the bump in pixel count, 4K video recording. It's not abandoning UltraPixel entirely, however, as it's using that technology for its front-facing camera.

Android Central also had a preview of the M9:

If you were a fan of the HTC One M8 you're going to enjoy the look and feel of the M9. We wouldn't blame anyone for mistaking one for the other. Sure, the duo cameras are gone and instead there's a large, single lens housing on the back. And the trim's a little different. But the overall shape remains the same, with that excellent curved backside.

And if you want to talk about HTC making a big difference with little improvements, the body is where we'd start. The M9 is actually just a hair smaller than the M8. It's a tad more narrow, and just a wee bit shorter. There's also a different finish on the edge trim, and it's created a small shelf on the sides of the phone. And that — in addition to what feels like slightly different coating on the metal itself — makes the phone feel a little bit smaller and a lot less slippery than the M8.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m9-preview?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=dlvrit

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/22/8084639/htc-one-m9-specs-pictures-leak

http://www.mobilegeeks.de/artikel/htc-one-m9/

Looks great but no mention of battery, I hope this thing will have a great battery life.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Oh god!  that Nokia like square camera frame

Details separate people.

Looks great but no mention of battery, I hope this thing will have a great battery life.

The battery offers a capacity of 2900mAh and has grown thus compared to its predecessor once more.

I'll update the OP with this info

Expensive as expected but they have seemed to make some smart decisions.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Hmm. If it takes decent photos, I may stick with Android on my next phone upgrade.

I don't know a whole lot about mobile specs, but that battery looks a bit small, right?

Hmm. If it takes decent photos, I may stick with Android on my next phone upgrade.

I don't know a whole lot about mobile specs, but that battery looks a bit small, right?

The Note 4 has a 3220mAh and the 6+ has a 2915mAh battery, so the M9 is coming to party with proper firepower 

The Note 4 has a 3220mAh and the 6+ has a 2915mAh battery, so the M9 is coming to party with proper firepower 

Right.

Guess I'll wait and see how it compares to the 6+.

Looking good HTC, like the 5" 1080p display, seems they've still got some good old common sense compared to a number of other brands, plus that battery is a nice improvement.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Right.

Guess I'll wait and see how it compares to the 6+.

It would be nice if all these phones came out in the fall instead of now, so I'd have more choices. Oh well, maybe in another 3-4 years when this current one finally is useless. 

Is the height the same? The chin bar looks just a hair smaller. I am glad to see they stuck with a 5" screen instead of what most companies are doing. The camera will defiantly be better. Maybe I will have to pick one up.

But this looks a lot like the M8.... :/

It would be nice if all these phones came out in the fall instead of now, so I'd have more choices. Oh well, maybe in another 3-4 years when this current one finally is useless. 

Hopefully in another 3-4 years we have good mobile batteries, haha.

By good, I mean I can have my phone's screen on for longer than a couple hours without it draining a majority of my battery.

Not a bad thing.

The M8 design is good, so if it ain't broke don't fix it... they are going to have to milk it until it becomes boarding, thats what companies do all of them (Samsung galaxy s and note lines look almost the same to me) (Apple almost everything looks the same to me) its just how it goes.

Hopefully in another 3-4 years we have good mobile batteries, haha.

By good, I mean I can have my phone's screen on for longer than a couple hours without it draining a majority of my battery.

Not a bad thing.

The M8 design is good, so if it ain't broke don't fix it... they are going to have to milk it until it becomes boarding, thats what companies do all of them (Samsung galaxy s and note lines look almost the same to me) (Apple almost everything looks the same to me) its just how it goes.

Yes, you are right.

But I thought they at least would make it a bit more ....polished or remove the HTC bar entirely. (I think it's thinner now though)

I dislike the stupid large bezels. 68.8% screen ratio is terrible. Note 4 has 74%, G3 has 75%, Moto X has 73%. I thought HTC would be moving on up, but I guess not. It's closer to my old Nexus 4 (with 68.3%).

I dislike the stupid large bezels. 68.8% screen ratio is terrible. Note 4 has 74%, G3 has 75%, Moto X has 73%. I thought HTC would be moving on up, but I guess not. It's closer to my old Nexus 4 (with 68.3%).

Doesn't matter, still fabulous. 

fabulous_haters_by_celesse-d5meu36.gif

From owning a HTC One M8 I seriously can't justify why you would even mention the bezels. At the sides they are nice and thin then the top and bottom part needs to be slightly larger to accommodate the BoomSound speakers which are nothing short of amazing for a phone. The larger top and bottom bezel really don't matter at all since you can just as easily hold your phone slightly higher than usual and you can still access all of the screen without a problem.

Ultrapixel camera on the front? Does Ultrapixel still mean 2µm pixel size or is that just their branding for "our camera is really low res" now? Since it's the front camera I am leaning towards the latter.

I am pretty underwhelmed. Seems like it's the same old HTC M8 but with a new processor (same as pretty much everyone else will use) and a new camera. I think the upgrades are good but it doesn't seem to be anything major. Bigger upgrade than the M7 to M8 (which was a downgrade in quite a few areas) but not really the big leaps we have seen the other generations.

Only 1 week left until the official announcement and hopefully they have an ace up their sleeve.

Love the black, still love my m8

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Yes, you are right.

But I thought they at least would make it a bit more ....polished or remove the HTC bar entirely. (I think it's thinner now though)

Yeah I really hate logos that are kinda obtrusive like that.

I actually prefer no logos, haha. I'd probably put a skin on the thing if I got one.