Ports on back of GPUs?

CorCat87
Go to solution Solved by SimonWhite,

Get a G1 Gaming, 2 DVI 3 DP and an HDMI

Is there any ryme or reason to wich cards get what. I'm looking to get a 980 (may be a FTW) with the 3 display ports one Hdmi and one dvi. For even more future prof seeing as I can get adapters. But it seems olny some have that and the others have the 1 DP 1 Hdmi and 1 dvi-I 1 dvi-d.

(Sorry for any spelling/ other mistakes in on my phone)

The 3 DP ports and 1 HDMI is the new set of stock connectors on the new nvidia GPUs, but some aftermarket companies are using the old set of connectors for easier backwards compatibility.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

certian companies just think certian things are better for certian situations, or sometimes its easier to just re-use some of the things they had left over form previous video card designs. 

no one really knows. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Is there any ryme or reason to wich cards get what. I'm looking to get a 980 (may be a FTW) with the 3 display ports one Hdmi and one dvi. For even more future prof seeing as I can get adapters. But it seems olny some have that and the others have the 1 DP 1 Hdmi and 1 dvi-I 1 dvi-d.

(Sorry for any spelling/ other mistakes in on my phone)

companies like Nvidia are pushing for more displayport, and I gotta agree with them, it's the best connector I've used.

companies like Nvidia are pushing for more displayport, and I gotta agree with them, it's the best connector I've used.

That's what I want, but I think I just saw the EVGA classified had the old set up. It just dosnt seem to make sense

That's what I want, but I think I just saw the EVGA classified had the old set up. It just dosnt seem to make sense

that was EVGA. a lot of consumers don't have Displayport monitors. EVGA is making money today as most people select Card Vendors on a whim, but are almost religious to core manufacturers(myself included) so Nvidia themselves wants to drive a more future resistant and versatile connector.

I am in love with 1440p displays so I have to say I am rooting for displayport