Buy an r9 280/ Gtx 960 or wait for the upcomming 3xx ?

Go to solution Solved by Najuno,

So as a final advice, knowing that next year i will not be gaming that much, should i upgrade now or wait :P?

Depends on how fast you can raise some funds for new hardware. If you can save 300€ in a couple of months I think it´s save to say a R9 280 would be a nice investment. If it takes you a year to gather up 300€ then don´t buy anything, knowing up front you might regret that because this will significantly lower your overall funds.

Hello there, i'm about to upgrade my GPU and was hesitating. I wanted to buy something around 200 euros, got sights on a r9 280 from sapphire at 183 euros and a gtx 960 gigabyte at 200 euros. Was wondering which one would be the best, and if or maybe was it better to wait on the upcoming 3xx series.

Hello there, i'm about to upgrade my GPU and was hesitating. I wanted to buy something around 200 euros, got sights on a r9 280 from sapphire at 183 euros and a gtx 960 gigabyte at 200 euros. Was wondering which one would be the best, and if or maybe was it better to wait on the upcoming 3xx series.

The upcomming R9 390(X) will not be in a 200 € budget. So I´d go and buy now the R9 280.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Alright, i have an i5 3470 will that be enough? The 280x is priced a bit to high for me right now :) 

If you don't mind holding on a couple more months, wait for the new R9 cards. If you need an upgrade right now, the R9 280 is the better choice over the GTX 960. It's like ~15% better in performance.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

AMD just stated 'officially' they are rounding up things... but their CEO said they will launch new GPUs in Q2 2015.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

So as a final advice, knowing that next year i will not be gaming that much, should i upgrade now or wait :P?

Depends on how fast you can raise some funds for new hardware. If you can save 300€ in a couple of months I think it´s save to say a R9 280 would be a nice investment. If it takes you a year to gather up 300€ then don´t buy anything, knowing up front you might regret that because this will significantly lower your overall funds.

What you rocking now, are you somewhat happy with it? could a 750ti or the 270x in hot deals right now help a shit ton? Is 150 to fucking much? If yes to the last once again wait :)

Thank you for your replies :)

You´re welcome :).