new CPU

K1LL3R
Go to solution Solved by SteveGrabowski,

Hello my question is what is the best CPU that i can get for 150 $ because im upgrading from my old i5 760

Intel Core i3-4160 Haswell this maybe?

I want a quad core if its possible

your GPU and your CAPS button

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Hello i have for the CPU- i5 760

and for the GPU- gtx 570

and my question is which one should i upgrade this year and which one next year?

GPU -> CPU.

how much RAM do you have too?

your GPU and your CAPS button

^this is golden material right here

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I would almost upgrade the graphics card first. Maybe get an SSD if you don't have one. And then later next year get whatever the next mainstream platform is.

GPU -> CPU.

how much RAM do you have too?

^this is golden material right here

I have 12 gb of ram 

Gpu first. Some Sweet sweet graphics, if you havent tasted it yet, you havent lived

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I have 12 gb of ram 

Yeah, first GPU and a year later your CPU (when they release some new CPU's that are actually way better)

You still have plenty RAM at the moment

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I have 12 gb of ram 

Holy god man, what do you do with that ram? Edit video with photoshop in the background while playing BF4?!

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Holy god man, what do you do with that ram? Edit video with photoshop in the background while playing BF4?!

so i dont need to upgrade my ram for another 5 years at least xD 

i got it for a very low price 

i got it for a very low price 

Fair enough.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop: