Microsoft Offers Another 100GB Of Free OneDrive Storage If You Link A Dropbox Account

small_onedrive.jpg

MS really wants people to start using OneDrive and I do not disagree with their push to increasing the amount of storage you get, even if it is temporary. Its a shot across the bow to DropBox and co. specifically (the irony in this promotion didn't escape me). 

The shot is to offer higher storage amounts on their base levels. These 5, 10 and 15GB plans are ridiculous given how fast and easy you can fill those up, even with photos and video much less anything else. So I'll take my 100GB and make use of it, and by the time it comes to actually subscribe, we might have even cheaper storage pricing. 

This is my account right now, I can actually make use of OneDrive as a place to store event photos now without worrying about paring down my file sizes:

m6rnKKw.png

Microsoft really wants to get people hooked on its OneDrive cloud storage service. The company already provides unlimited OneDrive storage with an Office 365 subscription, but earlier this month it offered a perk to entice users that haven’t already made the plunge by offering 100GB of storage available for free (for two years we might add) just by signing up for Bing Rewards.

Today, Microsoft is offering up another 100GB of free storage for a year if you’re an existing Dropbox user. The steps are pretty simple:

1. Go to Microsoft’s promotion page and clock “Verify and get my storage”
  2. Sign in to your Microsoft account. If you don’t have one, you can register here
  3. Once logged in, click the “Save to Dropbox button” to allow Microsoft to add a OneDrive document to you account
  4. Next, sign in to your Dropbox account. If you don’t have one, you can register here
  5. Click the “Save” button
  6. With all those steps complete, you should now see the message "Your bonus storage was successfully applied!"

http://hothardware.com/news/microsoft-offers-another-100gb-of-free-onedrive-storage-if-you-link-a-dropbox-account

The only thing I used onedrive was for like .5MB word documents lol, I guess I'm not the intended audience. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

This is actually a great way to spread your product.

@werto165

Like me.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The only thing I used onedrive was for like .5MB word documents lol, I guess I'm not the intended audience. 

This is actually a great way to spread your product.

@werto165

Like me.

Am i the only old school guy who carrys all his documents on a usb drive? Im too young to be old school :(

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Am i the only old school guy who carrys all his documents on a usb drive? Im too young to be old school :(

Don't worry I own and use three USB sticks, 8GB 8GB 64GB USB sticks.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Well it was for my personal statement which I didn't want to lose so I put it on onedrive, google drive and a USB. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

This is my OneDrive storage... Currently using 20 GB. About 8 GB music and 12 GB pictures and a lot of Office docs. I'm currently trying to migrate more stuff to OneDrive as it makes my life a lot easier when re-installing Windows. I still only have 1 TB because I haven't yet been upgraded to the unlimited storage for Office 365 subscribers, they're rolling that out gradually.

post-385-0-41415800-1424467393.png

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

That's a nice bonus. My free 50GB of space on dropbox (courtesy of Samsung) is soon coming to an end (as well as the extra 8GB from the space race). Losing ~58GB of free storage is kind of a pain so maybe I should look into changing online storage provider. It's just a shame OneDrive has some really big drawbacks.

sZZKECM.png

I dunno guys, I think I need more OneDrive storage.

Owh yes!..I thought it was just for US users only because of the Bing reward thing. Apparently this is different than to that offering. 130gb should be plenty for me for now.