Help choosing a phone?

Silly Ducklings

I've been needing a new phone for 2 and 1/4-ish years now.  I currently have an iphone 5, and i absolutely hate it, i hate IOS, i hate how small it is, i hate it. (not saying it's objectively worse than android phones, just saying i don't like the UI or anything about it compared to other phones)  I want a BIG phone, with a BIG display, and it needs to be a flagship product.  

My priorities for a new phone, in no particular order : Needs to be a big phone, this is my #1 priority.  Needs a beautiful display, preferably 1440p, this is my #3 priority.  Needs really good battery life, my iphone runs out of juice really fast, and it annoys the hell out of me, this is the #4 priority.  Speakers are not a priority at all, i ONLY use headphones/IEMs.  Camera doesn't need to be amazing, but much better than my current phone.  I like quirky little features like the curve on the G Flex, or the S Pen on the Note, both of these features i will most likely use regularly.  I'd prefer it to be fairly slim and fit well in the hand, having some metal on the phone is definitely a plus, although it isn't that big of a priority compared to the other ones.  Replaceable battery/sim/sd card isn't a big deal to me, i'll most likely never use any of that.  Needs to be super snappy, and not lag at all, this is probably my #2 priority for a new phone.

I've been looking at the Note 4, HTC One M9, LG G Flex 2, and LG G4.  I'd be perfectly fine buying a note 4 now and getting rid of this iPhone, but should i wait and see what LG and HTC have to offer before doing so?  The latest i'll wait for it is may, and that's stretching it pretty far...  I really do need to get a new phone, and i really do need help choosing, so thanks in advance.  

Wait for the M9. It's gonna be great.

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

@XTankSlayerX will tell you a lot about the note 4.

The G flex 2 seems like a nice phone.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Dude... IMO Note 4 all the way because later you can even install Ubuntu OS when the Beta becomes available.

In all honesty, specs don't really matter unless you're really into holding your screen next to your face and playing games.

Still, probably should wait until the M9 comes out and THEN make your decision.

I personally would go with either the M9 or one of the LG variants.  The note 4 does fill your priorities slightly better than the other two, however, people often complain about Samsung's UI (touch wiz).  I would also recommend the Nexus 6, as it is very large, has a 1440p display, and is comfortable in the hand.  I would also recommend the OnePlus One, even though it only has a 1080p display, it fills your other requirements at a lower cost than the other phones.  I would also recommend the Motorola Droid Turbo (if you're on Verizon) the only thing it doesn't have is a huge screen, it is about average size for smartphones now a days.  

Thanks for all the quick replies guys!  Forgot to say, pretty much my entire family is on verizon, and we have a shared data plan or whatever, so it would kinda be more difficult than i would like it to be to switch to a different carrier, so verizon phones only preferably. :-)  And keep in mind, i really want to get rid of this iPhone, it's pretty much hanging on by a thread anyway, so the sooner the better.  I don't want to wait unless the phone i'm waiting for is ABSOLUTELY worth it.

Would you consider getting a tablet with a sim slot?

I need to go, but if you would consider the above, I would recommend the cube talk9x. Fits everything you want except for fitting in your hand (it is 9.7" :/), but it has an octa core 2ghz a 10000mah battery and a 2048x1536 display.

Thanks for all the quick replies guys!  Forgot to say, pretty much my entire family is on verizon, and we have a shared data plan or whatever, so it would kinda be more difficult than i would like it to be to switch to a different carrier, so verizon phones only preferably. :-)  And keep in mind, i really want to get rid of this iPhone, it's pretty much hanging on by a thread anyway, so the sooner the better.  I don't want to wait unless the phone i'm waiting for is ABSOLUTELY worth it.

I'd get the Nexus 6. The M9 is probably still going to have a 5" 1080p screen. If I hadn't gotten my OnePlus One (which is not compatible with Verizon), I would've bought a 64GB Midnight Blue Nexus 6.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

the note 4 is big, has one of the best displays and battery life's ok as well

I'd say about 5.5 inches is really the lowest I want to go. If the M9 is gonna be really good I might make an exception for that.

I'll look into the nexus 6 later today, and compare some of it's features with the note 4. Again, I really only want to wait if there's a phone coming out in the future that will basically smash the note 4.

I think i'll either get a note 4 or a note edge.  I've looked into the nexus 6, and i like it, but not as much as the note 4.  I've also looked into the note edge, and it looks pretty good as well.  I could actually see myself using the edge, but the smaller battery and screen are a bit of a downside...  I'll look into the LG G4 and G Flex 2 later today as well.

I'm not sure how anyone can suggest the M9. It has a smaller screen than what he is looking for and the battery life won't be any good either.

I'd say wait a few more weeks and try out the Zenfone 2. It'll cost 1/3 of the M9 and be just as good.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.