How to make my PC silent?

legend8887

I have four SP 4 pin 120mm fans in my 750D with a 3 pin 140mm AF fan. I know you might think they are bad but they fit my color scheme and are really good for me. So what are some things I can do to make my PC quieter? Nothing too crazy though.

Turn the fan speed down; you can use your motherboard controller, low voltage adapters or a discrete fan controller. If you are using your stock cpu cooler, you can replace it for pretty cheap with a hyper 212 evvo, or for a great cpu cooler, the Phanteks PH-TC14PE is great, it even comes in quite a few colors. You can also turn down your gpu fan speed, though that will affect performance some.

rip the fans out

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Turn the fan speed down; you can use your motherboard controller, low voltage adapters or a discrete fan controller.

this

rip the fans out

not this

Consider reducing the number of fans if you don't need them all for cooling.

this

not this

Well technically it does make your PC a lot more quiet.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Is it really the noise of the fans that annoys you? Make sure by sticking your head into your computer and stopping various fans to see what effect it has.

Your Graphics card, Hard drives and even PSU can cause additional noise that annoys you. Other than that, I'd in deed try to tune down the fans with your motherboard or a good fan controller.

who cares...

Well technically it does make your PC a lot more quiet.

but its not very helpful if your components cook themselves...