2 way SLI or... Not?

It's not necessarily untrue. You've got AMD and NVIDIA nazis going around here pushing their agenda like they're being paid for it.

However, I will not name names for the sake of sanity.

I am now considering that as my future member title xD

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

But I've used more than 3.5GB in Skyrim without issue so that can't be true.

It has 3.5GB that is still optimal, the other is a little bit unstable. Looking at it as a 3.5 GB card is safer.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

It has 3.5GB that is still optimal, the other is a little bit unstable. Looking at it as a 3.5 GB card is safer.

But that's technically less true than Nvidia's claim that it has 4GB. Because it literally does, AND it's usable, just not all at full speed.

Let me just round this up for you @Fsborges00

THIS WILL ONLY CONTAIN FACTS:

The GTX 970 has 3,5 gb VRAM, and games only see 3.5 when played with a 970: so this will not affect a lot. Nvidia DID lie however, saying it was 4 GB.

Any card of the 900 series (960 = mid, 970 = high end and 980 = enthusiast) will perform great for you. SLI will take some heat out of both cards, thus increasing performance.

Any card will remain for a couple of years, but it is not yet sure if they will always be able to play at max settings. This depends on the games, not the hardware.

If you want to switch to AMD is a matter of personal choice and preference.

Thanks for the summary, I will look more in depth in Amd cards

I deserve a cookie for not beating the sh** out of AMD in that summary though :P (The temptations).

I think that there should be a report thing rule for lighting a fire war. Like "pc vs console" , "ps4 vs xone", "nvidia vs AMD" and derailing posts into a fire war.

You guys can probably agree :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

And on the other things you asked (because everyone stopped reading):

An SSD is better in every way than a HDD, only more expensive. People tend to get an SSD with low capacity and put their OS on it, and their files on a big HDD. This will ensure amazingly fast boot-up times etc.

Liquid cooling is a possibility, but not yet. People are better with starting off with air cooling. Graphic cards come with 2+ fans when getting them from Gigabyte, EVGA, ASUS and MSI, so you will be fine without liquids.

Thanks for answering ALL my questions! :P

Thanks for answering ALL my questions! :P

No problem!

Basic guide to CPU's!