V-MODA Crossfade LP2 - Worth the premium?

saya_kucing

I'm in Australia - so there's no way to physically test these cans (how they feel, sound, etc) - but I've been looking into a new headset with the design and a good profile for gaming and low ends, but also capable of good mids and highs.

The design of these headphones match my system perfectly and I am one for metal and industrial design over something with too much colour.

I've seen reviews of these headphones as being good at the low end, with alright mids and highs - which is kinda what I'm after.

I'm just after further opinions and comments from those who have tried these before I pull the trigger.

They're running for around $170 on amazon at the moment, which is right in my budget.

Cheers,

saya

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HYH7HXA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

There really isnt anything horrible about them. It is a solid headphone.

In b4 lame M50 recommendation. :P

I could have sworn I saw them for $50..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

There are multiple versions of them for varying prices, along with their on-ear counterparts.

The LP2 is the mid-level set, with the next step-up costing $300

Although, if you do find the LP2 Over-ear at $50 - plz tell me xD

LP2s for $50? Where? Cuz that is a steal.

LP2s for $50? Where? Cuz that is a steal.

I searched it up and turns out they were used

im trying to buy them now xD

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I got my LP's for $60 somthing new from Amazon USA., they dip down that low on black friday and another random sale that was about this time or spring last year.

I liked them thoroughly when I got them but oddly in the last week I dusted off my ath ws55 and compared them side by side with the vmoda and I feel the vmoda really takes a dump.... a huge Razer audio sized dump in the mids.

*Edit* for the $60 something I'll keep them but if they I got them for more I would be disappointed despite the indestructible design and the deep sub bass extension it sounds a bit too much like beats to me

I liked them thoroughly when I got them but oddly in the last week I dusted off my ath ws55 and compared them side by side with the vmoda and I feel the vmoda really takes a dump.... a huge Razer audio sized dump in the mids.

Probably because they do. Big dip in the FR between 4-10kHz or so.