Triple monitor setup on a GTX 780 and a GTX 730 not working

whatwid

So I bought some new monitors and decided to go with an extra GPU for the two auxialiary monitors to the sides and just the 780 for the middle one.

I installed the drivers and restarted, but my computer does not seem to detect the GPU or the two screens... What do I do?

The two screens are hooked up the the 730 with Displayport and HDMI.

So I bought some new monitors and decided to go with an extra GPU for the two auxialiary monitors to the sides and just the 780 for the middle one.

I installed the drivers and restarted, but my computer does not seem to detect the GPU or the two screens... What do I do?

You can't run extra GPU's for more display outputs... just... no...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

um this is not how it works  :huh:  :o

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

What if you were running two OSes at the same time would this then work? Oh geeze ..... I know what I am trying to say but again not sure if this is possible ....  

Like can you not assign somehow the one OS to run off 2 cores and the other OS to run off say the other 2 cores of the cpu and then have it ....

Ah fudge!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You can't run extra GPU's for more display outputs... jus... no...

not for more display outputs. But when I played a game and watched a steam and did something else on the third monitor my game started lagging. Its not my CPU so I decieded to get another GPU to take the heat of the 780. This should work. Or I'm I retarded and just bought a useless extra GPU?

not for more display outputs. But when I played a game and watched a steam and did something else on the third monitor my game started lagging. Its not my CPU so I decieded to get another GPU to take the heat of the 780. This should work. Or I'm I retarded and just bought a useless extra GPU?

No, you can only SLI with the same GPU

http://youtu.be/pGN1na3F5do?t=1m41s

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

I don't think he is trying to SLI.

well what else are you going to do with two cards...  You can't run both at the same time...

well what else are you going to do with two cards...  You can't run both at the same time...

I find it funny that you can't considering many apps can run off 1 core so why can't we assign OSes and games assignments?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I find it funny that you can't considering many apps can run off 1 core so why can't we assign OSes and games assignments?

Because magic blue smoke...

IDK it would be awesome tho...

Im not trying to run them in SLI Im trying to run seperate monitors on each one... I have seen builds where this has been done. I just can't figure out how the fluff they did it!

That's weird, this should be possible. I ran a HD7950 and a HD6450 together for a while and it worked fine, just produced a bit more heat. Try reinstalling your drivers with the guru3D program, plugging both cards in and reinstall the drivers.

edit: you might just have to enable the monitors either in the windows resolution options screen or in the nvidia config panel.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Im not trying to run them in SLI Im trying to run seperate monitors on each one... I have seen builds where this has been done. I just can't figure out how the fluff they did it!

probably with AMD cards...

Just saying, this is possible, I've tried it with a GTX 680 and an ancient AMD gpu, it worked. 

I don't know why it doesn't work for you though. Did you install drivers for both GPUs? Because I did not and it worked fine. Maybe that's the problem.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

OK!!

I've just now starting to realize why this won't work... 

So plan B; Dedicated PhysX card! How and worth it? 

OK!!

I've just now starting to realize why this won't work... 

So plan B; Dedicated PhysX card! How and worth it? 

Uhh well it should work... Try with only the GTX 780 drivers.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

1. If you want multiple GPU's in the same Operating System (Windows, Mac Os X, Linux), you need Nvidia SLI, which requires two of the same cards and a SLI bridge.
  2. Even with SLI, you can only still use one card's outputs. There is no way in "adding" any besides upgrading to one with more than one output.
  3. What do you mean with a dedicated PhysX card? Almost every gaming GPU from Nvidia has PhysX, it's just a gaming mechanic.

EDIT: You can take heat off your GPU by SLI, yes. You do need 2 of the same cards to assure that it actually works.

EDIT EDIT: (I forget stuff easily :P): You also need a bridge probably, but they're cheap. Most people that make GPU's sell them (EVGA and ASUS etc.) 

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

im trying this with a VM on my HD graphics so i can run a VM on my third screen of of my HD graphics and my other 2 of of my 970 will this work???

Gaming rig) i5-4690k@3,5ghz,4,1ghz turbo , gigabyte z97x-gaming 3, hyperx fury red 2x4gb(1600mhz), msi GTX 970 gaming 4, corsair cs650m PSU, corsair carbide spec-03 case, be quiet pure rock Cpu cooler, kingston v300 120gb ssd, samsung evo 830 120gb ssd, segate baracuda 1,5tb hdd, Laptop 1) HP pavilion power, i7 7700hq, 16gb ddr4, 256gb nvme ssd, 1tb hdd, nvdia gtx 1050 Laptop 2(linux mint)Dell Xps 15(2011), i3-2130m, nvidia gt525m, 4gb 1333mhz ram, 500gb hdd Laptop3(mint and windows)Dell inspiron 15z(2013), i5-3337u, hd 4000 graphics, 6gb 1600mhz ddr3, 500gb hdd, 32gb ssd(RST) First PC(still using for some windows XP programs)Amd athlon xp 1500+@1,96ghz, 2gb 300mhz ram, PNY geforce 6200, 80gb maxtor hdd, asus(tek) a7n8x-deluxe , 450W psu, spire case

im trying this with a VM on my HD graphics so i can run a VM on my third screen of of my HD graphics and my other 2 of of my 970 will this work???

In theory not,  your GPU used is decided by this: connecting the cable to the motherboard will use the Integrated Graphics and using the GPU's requires to plugging it directly in the GPU.

But your PC will probably s*** itself when you try to use both. I don't recommend it, but you can try at your own risk to use both.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

Goddammit people you're able to use multiple GPU's at the same time for extra outputs perfectly well. Doesn't even matter what brand, you can mix and match to your heart's content. Don't just assume it doesn't work and no you don't need a SLI or Crossfire bridge.

Goddammit people you're able to use multiple GPU's at the same time for extra outputs perfectly well. Doesn't even matter what brand, you can mix and match to your heart's content. Don't just assume it doesn't work and no you don't need a SLI or Crossfire bridge.

Than why doesn't it work in this case?

Basic guide to CPU's!

Than why doesn't it work in this case?

The drivers don't always play along, but some reinstalling fixes the problem most of the times.

It should work.

Desktop: 16gb Ram, i7-2600k, GTX 560 OC.    Laptop: i7, 8gb DDR3, 840m GPU

Server 1 (Files and AD): i3 3220, 4gb DDR3, 1TB Western Digital Blue, Overkill motherboard I got for free (better than main computer) changed to xeon, don't remember exactly what but xeon version of the processor  and 8gb ECC Ram   Server 2 (games): 8gb Ram, i5, Geforce 710m

Speaking as someone who's had running in the one box; a HIS Radeon HD6850, ASUS Nivida 9400GT ~AND~ the Intel HD 3000 in a i7-2600K, it's possible to have more than one GPU and you do NOT need to CrossfireX/SLI them just to use them for extra monitor connections and distribute the workload.

At the time the HD6850 was my main gaming card, the 9400GT was for my secondary monitor, and the Intel HD 3000 was for working in the BIOS and in case either card failed to output a signal for whatever reason.

If I were to replicate that, I'd probably take the HD6850 out of my TinkerRig and sit it alongside my GTX 780 in Beast, mainly for teh lulz but also to see if using the HD6850 with the 13.4 drivers would FINALLY let me play STO without constant Crash-to-Desktops caused by using a Nvidia driver newer then 320.18 when playing the new crap in Delta Rising!