These need to go away

Guest Kloaked

Yjgsgqk.png?2

Click and drag, that's how to tell if they're real.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Installing AdBlock will make these go away. I think so.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

they barley even make sense most of the time,  yes they have a slower speed but then you just spend longer connected to the server ?? (for the actual places that do these)

they barley even make sense most of the time,  yes they have a slower speed but then you just spend longer connected to the server ?? (for the actual places that do these)

They're not the actual download links, they're ads.

Lol the moment when you carelessly click one of those...

System: Thinkpad T460

Does anyone actually fall for these?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I did only once because the ad icon is hard to notice, and I never saw another download button for what I was attempting to download at the time (can't remember what it was - may have been HWMonitor).

Now I keep seeing them whenever I go to download pages and I'm sitting here like "I wonder how many people click on this shit."

They're not the actual download links, they're ads.

some places have the actual faster download thing,

But then you're called a D#@K for doing so.

Why so?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Why so?

Some sites do stuff like this: 

elzpXua.png

This one isn't so bad(unless if you are talking about the ads, lol), but I've seen some sites block the content if ads are blacklisted. Also with TSR, the wait time for downloads gets changed from 15 sec. to 60 sec. if you have adblock enabled.

This one isn't so bad(unless if you are talking about the ads, lol), but I've seen some sites block the content if ads are blacklisted. Also with TSR, the wait time for downloads gets changed from 15 sec. to 60 sec. if you have adblock enabled.

Because of threads like this one

I use AdBlock, But sometimes, I put some sites on WhiteList. Like LTT and YouTube. Because they used to get money from that.

And I don't mind about TSR things.

But then you're called a D#@K for doing so.

Well no. I have addblock on but mostly to stay away from stuff like this. I think I have 100 or sites that I visit regularly on my white list. 

I have, because they decided to make the actual download almost impossible to find... And really tiny. And the advert was under the description and looked pretty convincing

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Maybe not on this forum but non-tech people fall for them ALL the time. That and "install our recommended addons" when installing programs.

Maybe not on this forum but non-tech people fall for them ALL the time. That and "install our recommended addons" when installing programs.

Yeah true... a friend of mine downloaded a virus from one of these TV show streaming sites lol

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Because of threads like this one

Why does everyone in that thread write it as "AdBlock"?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Yeah true... a friend of mine downloaded a virus from one of these TV show streaming sites lol

I work in a repair store and it's dire how many people fall for this kind of stuff, it's worse when they then pay £70 to the "PC Driver Optimizer Booster Extreme Utility" programs to fix their 3457345734576 registry errors.

That's strange.

Because the variable at the end of the url says "Highlight all instances of the word adblock"

Pilates