Upgrade to HD 598's from AD700's?

Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

Okay sorry guys I was kinda asleep all day haha.

Thanks for the replies and what i wanted was more bass yes and was hoping for clarity or just more enjoyment from music somehow.

I love my AD700's soundstage but It most defiantly lacks in that area.

Was considering the k701's also.

Screw the budget, get the 701s or whatever 70x has the color scheme you want!  :D

So I know this is't too big of a question but would there be a substantial difference in sound quality coming from AD700's?

I know the bass will be slightly improved but will clarity or anything else be better?

I already have a Fiio E10 to help cleanup.

post-32037-0-64787000-1372594276_thumb.j

I know the bass will be slightly improved but will clarity or anything else be better?

I don't think it will be particularly significant other than the bass.  Most of the audio improvements over the $100 mark on headphones are quite slight, but you might really like some of them.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Yea it will be a slight upgrade in bass, although the bass on HD598's are light.. the bass on the AD700 is almost non-existent.

I think you'd actually lose soundstage, because the AD700's definitely have a wider soundstage than my 558's.

What are you looking for? Just more bass? What don't you like about your AD700s right now?

the difference would be very slight I'd think

money would be best spent on something totally different like a dt770 or a nice portable for something on the go

the difference would be very slight I'd think

money would be best spent on something totally different like a dt770 or a nice portable for something on the go

The V-Moda Crossfade LP are known for heavy bass (though a bit muddled imo) and quite portable if that would interest OP.

and amazon had the crossfade for their deal of the day that I missed out on yesterday @ $79... I'm so choked...

oh wait.. why the hell am I looking at buying more headphones.... I'm sorry wallet. 

and amazon had the crossfade for their deal of the day that I missed out on yesterday @ $79... I'm so choked...

oh wait.. why the hell am I looking at buying more headphones.... I'm sorry wallet. 

Shoot, I bought a pair at that price last black friday and would've bought another if I knew about this sale. :(

Thanks for the replies and what i wanted was more bass yes and was hoping for clarity or just more enjoyment from music somehow.

Yea it will be a slight upgrade in bass, although the bass on HD598's are light.. the bass on the AD700 is almost non-existent.

I think you'd actually lose soundstage, because the AD700's definitely have a wider soundstage than my 558's.

What are you looking for? Just more bass? What don't you like about your AD700s right now?

the 558 arent as open as the 598, but the sound stage on the 558 is still very good.

i prefer 598 over the 558. ive tried the AD700 but not long enough to compare them to the 598. definitely noticed there was almost no bass with the AD700. ive had the 598 for almost a year. a few months ago, the bass started gettin more prominent. mightve been just me gettin used to the headphones or the headphone some how adjusting to my music. im not a firm believer in the "burn in", but there might be some truth in it. 

Screw the budget, get the 701s or whatever 70x has the color scheme you want!  :D

Yeah I just got some bookshelf speakers since I got a nice big 1440p monitor. This way I can lay on my bed and watch movies.

Thanks for the opinions guys and gals.

I think I'll do K701's when I start to get tired of my AD700's.

By that time I may want something else! ^_^

The DT 770 80ohm are nice if you love the AD700 but just want the bass it lacks. I would use the AD700 purely for competitive gaming if you manage to make it that far without a sponsor.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile