black screen on bootup (gtx 970 driver issue)

smeek14

This is a continuation of this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/306473-windows-7-black-screen-of-death-before-log-in-screen/#entry4196928

Anyway, what happens is if I boot up mu pc, instead of the log in screen it shows a black screen.  However I can type in my password and I just my background with no toolbar of icons.  

I even restored my whole pc and reloaded the operating system but the issue still continued.  

I know it is a driver issue because when I went into safe mode to uninstall the drivers and restarted it booted normally.  

However when I went to re install the drivers the problems continued.  Also my icons and toolbar disappear when my pc goes into standby mode.

I was wondering if anyone could help me.  

Thank you in advance.

Try running off of your CPU's iGPU and see if it persists...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Well, what drivers are you running? 347.25 has been known to fuck up GPUs, but 347.09 is just fine, no idea about 347.52 though.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

347.52.  I also tried to older drivers.  I will try 347.09 right now.

Oh I was running 347.25 in the past.  I believe that is when the problems started.  But even after trying 347.52 the problems still continued.  Same with the older driver from November I tried.

I have downgraded to the suggested driver and the problem still continues.

suggest use Display Driver Uninstall to remove all traces of the old nVidia Drivers

boot to safe mode with networking and download and install ONLY the driver without the Geforce Exp

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.