must have software on new gaming machine?

Ramonman
Go to solution Solved by Damikiller37,

Here are my must-haves although not all related to gaming:

CCLeaner - Great program to clean your PC from useless files.

CPU-Z / GPU-Z - Nice way to see information about your system.

HWMonitor - Good to monitor the temperatures of the key components in your system.

Java - Some games need it and definitelly will be needed somewhere on the web.

Kawaii Codec Pack OR Community Combined Codec Pack - Both great codec packs and come with MPC-HC which is my personal favourite video player. Get the KCP if you watch anime and if not then CCCP is the way.

MSI Afterburner - I personally use it to have a custom fan curve on my GPU but it can be used for overclocking.

Notepad++ - You never know when you will be editing some .INI files for Skyrim :P Handy to have and much better to use than ordinary Notepad.

Paint.NET + Plugins pack - My personal favourite combo for image editing.

Puush - Easiest way to take a screenshot or capture a part of your screen while being able to share it within seconds.

Skype and Razer Comms - I use both for communication and although I really like and prefer Comms I have to use Skype for some friends and family even though I think it's horrible.

Steam - If I have to explain this then you shouldn't have a gaming PC.

Origin - I only use it for Battlefield games...

WinRAR - Got to unRAR those RARs somehow :)

hello,

so i (hope) to have by the end of this week my first gaming rig! and i was would like to know what programs i sould have?

things to see the temp. of my parts, to record, to... etc etc

anny suggestions? i know i will get chrome, steam, winrar...

i'd get 7zip over winrar personally, backing lolzious on ccleaner, consider getting openHardwareMonitor for temps, and maybe get a rainmeter gadget to hook into it (theres lots of these stuffs around) http://puu.sh/fXNsL/e66710b67c.jpg<- this is my rainmeter stuff on my second screen, giving me detailed information while setting game configs.

CPU-z, GPU-z, I like cam too, just for the graphs :P

I always like to have valley benchmark for testing with overlooks. It's nice and repetitive (being a sythetic) and so it's handy to use as a comparison tool :)

The programs the other guys said ^^^

I like having Ms security essentials too.

Tree size is handy too.

Enjoy your new rig! :D

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Uplay. Trolololo xDDD

Seriously, Fraps, Steam and CPU Z

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Use ninite to download all of these and it will install it for you... 7-zip, Audacity, Avast, MalwareBytes, VLC, Firefox. If you are using windows 8.1 or 8 and don't like it then also with ninite download classic start

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Check out Ninite for all the software in a convenient package. Can't rec. that site enough after finding it, has cut down the time MASSIVELY when setting up new computers for me xD

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Firefox, Steam, Origin, Winrar, fraps, hwmonitor, Unigine Valley ('cause it's pretty).

• Steam

FF / Chrome

HWMonitor

CPU-Z

GPU-Z

MSI Afterburner

Skype / TS / Mumble

Internet Security program of any sort

GPU Drivers =P

Foobar 2000

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Google chrome and/or Firefox

7-Zip 64bit
MSI Afterburner  (I use this to show fps, vram usage, etc while in game)

Steam, Origin, Uplay and GOG downloader

and lastly an antivirus software
I use Bitdefender Free AV as it's light weight and does not slow down my pc.

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

Itunes? seriously don't forget that. 

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Itunes? seriously don't forget that. 

Or Spotify if you're not into iTunes.

Here are my must-haves although not all related to gaming:

CCLeaner - Great program to clean your PC from useless files.

CPU-Z / GPU-Z - Nice way to see information about your system.

HWMonitor - Good to monitor the temperatures of the key components in your system.

Java - Some games need it and definitelly will be needed somewhere on the web.

Kawaii Codec Pack OR Community Combined Codec Pack - Both great codec packs and come with MPC-HC which is my personal favourite video player. Get the KCP if you watch anime and if not then CCCP is the way.

MSI Afterburner - I personally use it to have a custom fan curve on my GPU but it can be used for overclocking.

Notepad++ - You never know when you will be editing some .INI files for Skyrim :P Handy to have and much better to use than ordinary Notepad.

Paint.NET + Plugins pack - My personal favourite combo for image editing.

Puush - Easiest way to take a screenshot or capture a part of your screen while being able to share it within seconds.

Skype and Razer Comms - I use both for communication and although I really like and prefer Comms I have to use Skype for some friends and family even though I think it's horrible.

Steam - If I have to explain this then you shouldn't have a gaming PC.

Origin - I only use it for Battlefield games...

WinRAR - Got to unRAR those RARs somehow :)

steam for the gaben

PRAISE GABEN!!!

...sorry I couldn't control myself.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home