Critical remarks about NVIDIA and cyberbullying?

[redacted]

School machine: 2012 MacBook Pro, i7-3720QM, 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3, 256GB SSD, GeForce GT 650M

Gaming machine: Asus X99 Deluxe, i7-5820K, H100i, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 256GB 850 Pro, 2x WD10EZEX, GeForce GTX 980, AX860

wtf

that should be out of their range, and it wouldnt make sense because of the vast number of people who got mad at nvidia over the last few months

My Build: 4690k @ 4.7 GHz, ASUS Strix 970 @ 1316 MHz, H105, Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 MHz, H440, RM750

So here's the gist: I run a tech blog (which I'm not going to link here because reasons) and most people who know me IRL are aware of this. One of these people is an ex-aquiantence/schoolmate who has reported me to my university for cyberbullying before. He thought a remark I made to a fellow editor of mine was about him and then took deep offense over it. My company obviously backed up that the statement wasn't about him (while also giving me a slap on the wrist for the comments I made, but oh well).

Now, from what I hear from mutual friends, he's found my tech site and a few critical remarks I've made about NVIDIA in regards to the GTX 970 fiasco and disabling overclocking on their mobile parts. He is supposedly planning to report me (again) to the school for defamation (not to him, but to NVIDIA), threats, and cyber-bullying a company. I'm at a complete loss of words and I have no clue if my school can actually enforce its cyberbullying policy to an entity outside of the university, let alone to a company? If you're confused and speechless, I'm right there with you.

I guess the question here might be: is scolding a company like NVIDIA for dick moves technically cyber-bullying? Does it actually represent a threat? I doubt the people at my school investigating these claims know much about how news sites work, but I wouldn't be suprised if I'm called in for another round of judicials over this.

NO. no. oh god no. What you're doing is a critic. not cyber-bullying, your friend has a deep revenge doesnt he?

EDIT: Linus also make videos about critics, NVidia and other company take those critics and try to improve their products. Dont worry about it, if the school does make a hassle out of it, just get the fck out of the school, burn it down.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I'll steal a picture I saw someone use earlier.

post-155826-0-72556100-1423985162.jpg

I mean, seriously...

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

why not report them? Looks like they are trying to abuse the system to get at you. Just let the school know what is going on. You are entitled to have your own opinion. If the other person has a problem with that, just tel them to back off.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

He hasn't said he plans to report me over this, but I've heard it from people I've come to trust, so I'm bracing for the worst.

School machine: 2012 MacBook Pro, i7-3720QM, 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3, 256GB SSD, GeForce GT 650M

Gaming machine: Asus X99 Deluxe, i7-5820K, H100i, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 256GB 850 Pro, 2x WD10EZEX, GeForce GTX 980, AX860

"Friend" isn't the proper term anymore lol. He's already damaged my bike and I've reported him to the school for that, but anything he rats me to the school over will be a permanent mark against me in my record, true or not.

Granted, he hasn't said he plans to report me over this, but I've heard it from people I've come to trust, so I'm bracing for the worst.

how old is this nemesis? 12 yrs old?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

[redacted]

lol 

"cyberbullying a company"

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

[redacted]

Well, I don't fully agree with your stances on the Nvidia debacles, but that does seem kinda dumb. The person sounds like a brown-noser.

College student. I expect more maturity from someone like this, to be honest.

If you're already in within the legal age, you can file for damages with your local court.

That seems to be within the grounds of defamation and harassment.

"Cyberbullying is recipiet defined..."

If Nvidia takes offense, than the cops would be involved because it's outside of school matters, but such would almost never happen. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

"Cyberbullying is recipiet defined..."

If Nvidia takes offense, than the cops would be involved because it's outside of school matters, but such would almost never happen. 

i think your profile helps the effect of your comment, I like it ;)

i think your profile helps the effect of your comment, I like it ;)

Why thank you good sir, I must retreat to my wine testing at this particular moment, cheerio. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

[redacted]

Sounds like he's a butthurt sissy who likes to get offended over stupid shit...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Some collages have codes of conduct that bind the their students and their actions beyond the campus grounds as long as they are students attending the collage. However, in this situation I do not think those would even come in to play even if the school has them and even if they do there would have to be a formal review before any judgment could be handed out. And in any case you were just being a journalist and putting information out to the public and giving your opinion on those facts and in no way was it cyber bullying. 

Sounds like an asshole that deserves to get blackmailed.....or back stabbed by a really close friend to bring him into depths of despair and live his life as a neet.

But in all seriousness I highly doubt it.....its a bloody company, if everyone did that, then most people whom rant on COD constantly would be arrested....

But also that guy is a asshole....talk about being but hurt even after being told, it wasn't even pointed at you....

Also that dude clearly doesn't understand what cyber bullying is...Cyber Bullying would be If I said " Your a fat dirty asshat whom deserves to die in a fire "  that is Cyber Bullying. criticizing isn't like saying " I don't believe what they did was right, to remove overclocking from laptops. It's up to the user to not overclock or to overclock, as on many boxes and warranties that the company doesn't not repair overclocked devices and the user will be held accountable for any damages."

Edited by Ramamataz

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

[redacted]

Well... Since the supreme court said that a business can have a religion (Burwell v. Hobby Lobby) I guess a business can take offence to words spoken against it. 

So with this logic, when a business's product or service kills someone can they be put on trial and if they're in a state with capital punishment can the business be put on death row? (The Business disbanded and the executives are executed.) 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

While since the supreme court said that a business can have a religion (Burwell v. Hobby Lobby) I guess a business can take offence to words spoken against it with this logic.

So when a business's product or service kills someone can they be put on trial and if they're in a state with capital punishment can the business be put on death row? (The Business disbanded and the executives are executed.) 

Like if NVidia card malfunctioned and shocked a whole house of family? No, NVidia is the heart of the Graphics Technology, neither AMD or Intel can take its place.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Like if NVidia card malfunctioned and shocked a whole house of family? No, NVidia is the heart of the Graphics Technology, neither AMD or Intel can take its place.

Hey AMD is actually not bad. Gosh. Though seriously if businesses owners want the same rights as a person they ought to have the responsibilities of a person (and if they live as long as person) 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization