Why isn't literally every PC gamer on the planet backing Star Citizen yet???

That Norwegian Guy

I honestly don't get it.

The most ambitious space sim ever, using the newest CryEngine, and the first Space Sim that is an MMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M995Mqr67E

Really!

So far I've spent $355 on this game on different ships and I'm probably going to buy several packs for my fleet members. I am just so hyped for it I'm practically unable to stand upright! (Peeing in the morning is hard)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It looks awesome but I am cannot get it. I am not yet a pc gamer because I do not have a pc to play games on yet. Oh I can't wait until I save up enough. I will definitely be getting this game

I'll back it once it's finished. I'll happily cough up 60 dollars for the game. maybe even a few more to get a decent ship to start with. but not till it's released.

.... unless there's a beta maybe?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Maybe because not everyone likes this game.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I havn't seen much about Star Citizen yet, is it something along the lines of X2? That game was so awesome back then *.*

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I honestly don't get it.

The most ambitious space sim ever, using the newest CryEngine, and the first Space Sim that is an MMO.

Really!

So far I've spent $355 on this game on different ships and I'm probably going to buy several packs for my fleet members. I am just so hyped for it I'm practically unable to stand upright! (Peeing in the morning is hard)

But too much hype isn't good.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Im backing it too! :) looks really awesome!

Have only spent half of what the OP has spent though.. :P

(Comming soon)

I'll back it once it's finished. I'll happily cough up 60 dollars for the game. maybe even a few more to get a decent ship to start with. but not till it's released.

if you pledge, you get access to both alpha and beta! ;) (atleast with most of the pledge plans..)

(Comming soon)

If you buy in now at $40 you get access to alpha, beta AND the finished game AND you get a free Aurora ship with that order.

The alternative is buying it for $60 on release with no alpha, no beta, no ship :P

I havn't seen much about Star Citizen yet, is it something along the lines of X2? That game was so awesome back then *.*

Yes! It is a lot like X2, but a lot larger and with actual interaction on the human size level, aboard space stations, on planets and you can board peoples' ships with guns like an FPS and steal their cargo and/or ship, and it has an MMO component to it so you can play with your friends/ join/ create a fleet. You can be a trader, smuggler, explorer, mercenary, bounty hunter, pirate, military, or all of the above!

Edit: Hell, you can even choose to not use a ship and be someone's crew or security, just playing the "human level".

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

If you buy in now at $40 you get access to alpha, beta AND the finished game AND you get a free Aurora ship with that order.

The alternative is buying it for $60 on release with no alpha, no beta, no ship :P

Yes! It is a lot like X2, but a lot larger and with actual interaction on the human size level, aboard space stations, on planets and you can board peoples' ships with guns like an FPS and steal their cargo and/or ship, and it has an MMO component to it so you can play with your friends/ join/ create a fleet. You can be a trader, smuggler, explorer, mercenary, bounty hunter, pirate, military, or all of the above!

Edit: Hell, you can even choose to not use a ship and be someone's crew or security, just playing the "human level".

Well it seems I cannot fund anymore on Kickstarter since it has reached it's timelimit a while ago, if I buy some pack on the site do I get Alpha and beta?

Yes, starting at $40.

So I do buy a ship for 30$ and up, and I get the alpha / beta / full copy? Cause didn't see it mentioned below the ships, that's what's confusing me ^^

Alright found it, buying one for 40$ for now, poor student, cannot spend the 15k ;P

Fuck... Now I have to wait for Alpha -.-' GIVE IT TO ME NAO!

Fuck... Now I have to wait for Alpha -.-' GIVE IT TO ME NAO!

That's EVERYBODY'S problem with this game lol :P

Congrats on your new Aurora :D

Here's my ship.

I also got two other aurora ships. Pledged back when it was first launched on kickstarter and their site. Free lifetime insurance for me :)

At first I was a little concerned they were using cryengine due to the engines limitations, however they seem to be getting around any limitations imposed by the engine and it's looking better and better.

I just hope the minimum requirements are so high, that it causes half the people who want to play it to invest and upgrade their machines. Having more people on updated and more powerful hardware could help push other games to consider pushing the PC to the limits.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Here's my ship.

I also got two other aurora ships. Pledged back when it was first launched on kickstarter and their site. Free lifetime insurance for me :)

At first I was a little concerned they were using cryengine due to the engines limitations, however they seem to be getting around any limitations imposed by the engine and it's looking better and better.

I just hope the minimum requirements are so high, that it causes half the people who want to play it to invest and upgrade their machines. Having more people on updated and more powerful hardware could help push other games to consider pushing the PC to the limits.

Why do you need two Aurora ships? (Sorry, I don't know much about Star Citizen)

I buy extra to give away to family and close friends :)

I could have spent it all on one single ship to enjoy by myself.. but I chose to spend the same amount and get multiple lower end ships to possibly play with others.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

This game would be boring for me as it involves more than just space battles and travel.  It is kind of like the OOTP baseball sim where I like baseball but why the need for all this financial bs and more in it.  Some people like complex games like that and others want a baseball sim like APBA where you just play the games on the field and that is it.  From my understanding Star Citizen sounded like Star Trek on steroids.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Because it's already over 400% funded on Kickstarter....

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Because I don't like to buy products that don't exist yet. I'll look at it when it is released which doesn't seem anytime soon till than not interested. Plus I have no idea wtf the game is about. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I've heard about it but I've never found a video that properly explains what the game is about. The video on the first post is absolutely terrible, I watched 3 mins of it and I learned nothing about the game. The worst thing you can do when showing a game to someone is post a video that has "What is it?" on the title that doesn't say what it is. The only thing it accomplished is making me hate the game before I even know anything about it.

So no, I'm not going to play it.

It looks like a coll game saw it months ago, but I am a poor student.(in NZ students are poor, unless mommy and daddy give them everything :angry: )

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine