What are you thoughts on Razer keyboards?

JonathanH

So recently I've been looking into some mechanical keyboards and got interested in the RGB line of keyboards. Corsair has the K series boards along with some other companies that I have never heard of. Razer has their own line of Chroma boards, but many reviews online have been giving them flak over their cheap switches they are using. Is the Razer Chroma keyboard worth the 169$ price tag?

My experience is that they are of high build quality although im not a fan of the bright colors. 

I don't have experience with the Corsair range although they have excellent reviews.

My experience is that they are of high build quality although im not a fan of the bright colors. 

I don't have experience with the Corsair range although they have excellent reviews.

So would you recommend the Blackwidow?

They feel pretty cheap to me. They look a bit too flashy, use cheaper switches and break pretty easy (friend had one that broken within a week from one drop). 

I would go for Ducky personally, but Corsair's keyboards are well built too. 

So would you recommend the Blackwidow?

The Blackwidow is a great keyboard, although I'd say the Corsair K50 is better in most aspects.

I bought the razer deathstalker essentials(I believe)

Because Im weird and love the chicklet keyboard. I also love how dark the keys are, and its more "stealth" then other keyboards. I want something that isnt the focus, not super flashy. thats what my 1000$ pc is for. 

Its nice, but over priced at 50$

I really like my Blackwidow, but the software is garbage (or was, haven't used it in over a year or two).

RIP in pepperonis m8s

So recently I've been looking into some mechanical keyboards and got interested in the RGB line of keyboards. Corsair has the K series boards along with some other companies that I have never heard of. Razer has their own line of Chroma boards, but many reviews online have been giving them flak over their cheap switches they are using. Is the Razer Chroma keyboard worth the 169$ price tag?

They are of decent quality. You will probably find many people about to tell you their boards are crap and not to get them. They will say the switches are chinese made therfore they are crap. And it's true there switches are chinese this does not lower the level of quality. In fact their switches are rated to last longer than cherry's. Personally I wouldn't get a chroma over a k70rgb but thats just me.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

They feel pretty cheap to me. They look a bit too flashy, use cheaper switches and break pretty easy (friend had one that broken within a week from one drop). 

I would go for Ducky personally, but Corsair's keyboards are well built too. 

Would you say that it's worth saving a bit more for a Corsair keyboard?

LOGITECH G710+ MASTER RACE 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Would you say that it's worth saving a bit more for a Corsair keyboard?

Yeah, or you could go with Cooler Master. They're a bit cheaper, but still good quality, 

They are of decent quality. You will probably find many people about to tell you their boards are crap and not to get them. They will say the switches are chinese made therfore they are crap. And it's true there switches are chinese this does not lower the level of quality. In fact their switches are rated to last longer than cherry's. Personally I wouldn't get a chroma over a k70rgb but thats just me.

Yeah, or you could go with Cooler Master. They're a bit cheaper, but still good quality, 

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlit-CH-9000076-NA/dp/B00M5DUJQ0/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1423792300&sr=1-3&keywords=mechanical+keyboard

So something like this would be much better?

Yep, the K70 is built well. If anything, it just feels much more premium than Razer's keyboards, mainly because of the metal construction. 

NO. DO NOT GET RAZER Keyboards. I have a razer blackwidow ultimate right now and it is so loud and it feels cheap. Also, I would not recommend rgb lighting. 100 dollars more just for the lighting is not worth it so I ordered the logitech g710+. If you want rgb its you choice, I would prefer the corsair rgb browns k70 if you are going to get rgb lighting. I personally wouldnt pay more for just stupid lighting anyways.

NO. DO NOT GET RAZER Keyboards. I have a razer blackwidow ultimate right now and it is so loud and it feels cheap. Also, I would not recommend rgb lighting. 100 dollars more just for the lighting is not worth it so I ordered the logitech g710+. If you want rgb its you choice, I would prefer the corsair rgb browns k70 if you are going to get rgb lighting. I personally wouldnt pay more for just stupid lighting anyways.

How is loud a con? The switches are designed to be loud.

Anyway, a pre-2014 Blackwidow, so maybe a BWU 2013 is a better choice than the current Ultimate and Chroma.  It uses Cherry switches and basically nothing has changed since then in terms of aesthetics and features. Any earlier than that and you'll have to deal with glossy finish...ew.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Razer's switches are fine, but the body of their keyboards themselves feel really fragile and cheap. I bought a Corsair K70 about a year ago and it has become my favourite keyboard of all time (I've been through a lot of different keyboards in the past 5 years). It is very solid and typing feels really comfortable (That's what I think about their entire K line, pretty much).

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Stay away from anything Razer, there are much better quality brands out there.