Recommend me an anime? :)

MrTomnus

Umm, I really like BBC's Sherlock. I've watched Doctor Who, Breaking Bad, Heroes and Adventure Tinme. Can't think of others right now. As for movies, District 9, The Hobbit, The Dark Knight and Watchmen were just a few films I really liked!

If you like Adventure Time, I think you would really like the type of humour and style in Nichijou.

As for Sherlock, try Hyouka.

District 9.... Hmmm... Ergo Proxy maybe? It's not that closely related, (I'd compare it to Equilibrium) but still in a similar realm.

As for Doctor Who, you're already covering it with Steins; Gate :D

EDIT: An outlier - Sakasama no Patema / Patema Inverted, a great adventure movie.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

HIGHSCHOOL DXD(18+ or do you like breaking the rules like I do? (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

10/10 boobs... I was going to fap to it but then the storyline got interesting

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

That's good to hear. Which episode are you on right now? There is a special episode and a movie out as well which you should check out once you're done with the TV series.

I'm currently on episode 24... It's all I've watched today! I'll be sure to check those out once I finished it, definitely!

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Oh and @MrTomnus - I forgot to add that there's no dub for Nichijou, but don't let that scare you as it's not that dialogue driven overall. It's more slapstick.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Hello! I would start off with simple animes first (Nothing to Out there or wild)

Spoiler

Gaijin-Oni: 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 5800x
  • Motherboard
    MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS
  • RAM
    Corsair 4x8GB 3200MHz Vengeance RGB Pro
  • GPU
    RX 7900 XT
  • Case
    Cooler Master Masterbox 5
  • Storage
    1TB WD BLACK SN850 NVME
    1x 8TB Seagate Drives (Shucked)
    2x 1TB HP SSD's
  • PSU
    EVGA 1000w PSU
  • Display(s)
    Viotek 1440p 144hz 27in
    LG 4K 32in
    Acer 1080p 27in
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i Capellix
  • Keyboard
    Red Dragon K552 Modded
  • Mouse
    Corsair M65 Elite
  • Sound
    SoundBlaster Pro Audigy (Sennheiser HDXX's)
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 64-bit

Hey guys, I know a lot of people here like their anime, so I thought this would be a great place to ask.

I want to spend the evening watching some anime. I'll tell you a little about what I've watched in the past, but the list isn't very long. I don't really watch anime either, so I want to try something new!

Pokémon

Yu-Gi-Oh (although that was when I was very young, I find it a bit obnoxious now)

Digimon

I really liked Spirited Away if there's anything similar to that

Now I think about it, that's it. Anyway, it would be nice if it has a great storyline and isn't too over the top. Theme doesn't really matter. I'd also prefer if it were English dubbed because I'm not a fan of reading subtitles - I prefer to take in the story by reading off facial expressions, not text.

Thanks for any replies :)

here's a short list of Anime that were created by the same studio as Spirited Away that you may like:

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Castle in the Sky

My Neighbor Totoro

Porco Rosso

Princesss Mononoke

Kiki's Delivery Service

Whisper of The Heart

Howl's Moving Castle

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

The Borrower Arrietty

The Wind Rises

Not made by the above but another classic: Metropolis (2001)

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Watamote, because depression....

tumblr_mr85y2Cdqt1rf785do1_500.gif

Nichijou because its 10/10

nchij_e20_p3.gif

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Watamote, because depression....

Nichijou because its 10/10

nchij_e20_p3.gif

I would say Nichijou is Michael Bay/10 lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I would say Nichijou is Michael Bay/10 lol.

Its not that explosion heavy, but when it does use explosions, its fantastic :)

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Sunday without God  (Not a religious anime, title reflect the "backstory", a godless world where no one can "die", well worth watching)

God created the world on Monday, from a place of nothing into something.
God separated order and chaos on Tuesday, defining freedom and oppression.
God sorted each and every number on Wednesday, giving rise to wonderful and varied things.
God allowed time to flow on Thursday.
God looked at every corner of the world on Friday.
God rested on Saturday.

And God abandoned the world on Sunday.

No Game No Life.

Or really any anime on this list that has at the very least 4 stars.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Attack on Titan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Handle every stressful situation like a dog; if you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.

Dragonball Z, Frieza through buu series

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

First of all, I just want to say thanks to everybody for all of the replies! I had no idea I'd get so many. I think I have a lot to go off!

You know, I saw somebody recommend Steins;Gate at the beginning of the thread. I saw it involved time travel and was immediately intrigued. You're right, the first few episodes were a bit slow and I found it weird to being with, but I have just woken up having got 4 hours sleep after spending 4 hours watching the series! I'm hooked :P

I hope you give Haruhi a chance, it can be weird at times but those weird moments I think are brilliant, like the endless 8, who, what kind of director does that to his audience, a ballsy and brilliant one, also, If you can watch it and fall in love with the characters like I did, the movie is absolutely gold and is just perfect. I'm trying to explain what this is with out spoiling major plot points but because there arn't many it's hard to explain, it's just generally great, and hopefully I didn't talk it up too much to have raised your expectations to an unbelievable level.

on a side note, Steins;Gate is part of a set (sort of) with the others being Chaos;head and Robotic;Notes. Both don't come close to Steins;Gate but are watchable, definitely not must see anime.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Not an anime expert but my favorite anime ever is clannad + afterstory. Other good ones are Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Death Note, Angel Beats, Attack on Titan, and Cowboy Bebop

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Not an anime expert but my favorite anime ever is clannad + afterstory. Other good ones are Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Death Note, Angel Beats, Attack on Titan, and Cowboy Bebop

giphy.gif

Oh clannad ;-; prepare your tissues for that but please watch it.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct