[Sponsored Build Log] "eNVy" - Custom 1-Off Parvum, 5960x, GTX 980s

MunneY

Honestly, I just started with a list of what I wanted.  I then proceeded to list the people that might be able to help and then started reaching out.  Like I said, be prepared, have a REAL plan. Act like an adult and be professional.  They need to know that you have something to offer them too :-D

I'm going to guess asking for quad-SLI 980's are out of the picture ;) But honestly thank you, I am going to keep working on my plan, and when I am ready I will send out a few emails. What should I have to present to them? Mock-ups of the case/water-cooling? 

I'm going to guess asking for quad-SLI 980's are out of the picture ;) But honestly thank you, I am going to keep working on my plan, and when I am ready I will send out a few emails. What should I have to present to them? Mock-ups of the case/water-cooling? 

The more the better

vG3qmfW.png

UPDATE TIME!!!

So for this build I wanted to have monster power in a mini package, Enter the EVGA X99 Micro. Pairing this with a 5960x is going to give me all the power I could want and the form factor to keep everything compact.

So, without further delay!

K92xNtJ.jpg

GDmGM3j.jpg

1MP7CPz.jpg

vftdJKv.jpg

nEgNZXt.jpg

dVQJOcb.jpg

IbtBVxX.jpg

Vev9sHN.jpg

CZcQsPj.jpg

vrkPg3H.jpg

These last few pictures are also VERY VERY important. They will bring to light the first of the big surprises of this build.

GqDhsih.jpg

Three Full Size PCI-E 3.0 Slots... in all their X16 Glory!

x1Yg5gs.jpg

And the actual surprise?!

xOvG2Ap.jpg

Thank you guys for your support. Can't tell you how much it means to me. None of this would be possible without ya'll

And a HUGE thanks to [@]EVGA-JacobF[/@] and the EVGA Team!

3 way SLI in a micro ATX system!!! This I cannot wait for  B)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

[spoiler=Snipped stuff]vG3qmfW.png

UPDATE TIME!!!

So for this build I wanted to have monster power in a mini package, Enter the EVGA X99 Micro. Pairing this with a 5960x is going to give me all the power I could want and the form factor to keep everything compact.

So, without further delay!

K92xNtJ.jpg

GDmGM3j.jpg

1MP7CPz.jpg

vftdJKv.jpg

nEgNZXt.jpg

dVQJOcb.jpg

IbtBVxX.jpg

Vev9sHN.jpg

CZcQsPj.jpg

vrkPg3H.jpg

These last few pictures are also VERY VERY important. They will bring to light the first of the big surprises of this build.

GqDhsih.jpg

Three Full Size PCI-E 3.0 Slots... in all their X16 Glory!

x1Yg5gs.jpg

And the actual surprise?!

xOvG2Ap.jpg

Thank you guys for your support. Can't tell you how much it means to me. None of this would be possible without ya'll

And a HUGE thanks to [@]EVGA-JacobF[/@] and the EVGA Team!

Please tell me your going to cut the pci brackets into single slot (with liquid cooling)! Then you could have all 3 gpus in the mobo.  :D

3 way SLI in a micro ATX system!!! This I cannot wait for  B)

Please tell me your going to cut the pci brackets into single slot (with liquid cooling)! Then you could have all 3 gpus in the mobo.  :D

Yes sir! Dremel time!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D

Yes sir! Dremel time!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D

Noooooo they're not going to be spaced evenly :(

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

You know you'll have to cut the dvi-d port off right?

You can usually disconnect it from the PCB without too much issue.

Because who cares about warranties, right?

Edit: Or you could ask for kingpin edition cards, they can be hooked up to a one slot bracket

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

No, it's supported by a metal shroud like in this photo. 

He'd need to cut it off.

this is irrelevant but that's a 970

I will have to cut it. I probably could desolder it off, but meh... As for the spacing... thats the PCI-E layout not me! HEHE

I thought about the KPE, but I didn't want to use EK blocks, even though there isn't even one yet!

I will have to cut it. I probably could desolder it off, but meh... As for the spacing... thats the PCI-E layout not me! HEHE

I thought about the KPE, but I didn't want to use EK blocks, even though there isn't even one yet!

Wait, who are you going to use for a waterblock? EK has clear water blocks for the 980 (well, reference at least)

Wait, who are you going to use for a waterblock? EK has clear water blocks for the 980 (well, reference at least)

That too, is a surprise!

That too, is a surprise!

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc980-gtx-nickel-orig-csq.html

You would have to polish this one but it covers the whole PCB

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc980-gtx-nickel.html

and there's this

no idea if your GTX 980s are reference or not

No EK ;)

But whhhhyyy  :angry:

Just kidding, aquacomputer's block looks better imo <3

how does one sub to a topic, i wanna do it so bad xD

on the top right of the screen. Click on the follow button and you are done

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Soooo... Since this thing is now happening

snip

I might be ditching the GTX 980s......

Wait a minute. Do you actually have one, or is that just a picture from the release?

And oh man i didn't realize it was a black cooler. I think the whole thing being the same finish is kinda ugly, but damn the fan being darker is sexy