Hey Guys,

i need a new Power Supply and i need some advice :-D

My Specs:

- i7-920

- Gigabyte EX-58 Extreme

- 9 GB Ram

- WD 1 TB

- Fractal Design Core 2300

- AMD R7-260X (Maybe a second one in the future)

I want the PSU to be full-modular, so i can chance the Cables and it makes the cable management easy..

I want it to be hybrid, so when the PC is not working hard the Fan of the PSU turns off.

Any good options? I had the RM750, but it exploded :D and i also thing 750W is a little overkill.

Tim

My PC specs: Intel Core i7-920, Gigabyte EX-58 Extreme, 9GB Corsair XMS3, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce, 1TB WD, Be Quiet Straight Power 10 500W

wtf how did it explode???

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Firstly 750 is very over kill. a 550 or 600 would do nicely :) 

Also how did it explode?!

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

EVGA Super Nova G2 750w

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Firstly 750 is very over kill. a 550 or 600 would do nicely :)

Also how did it explode?!

Pesant quality from corsair :D

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

I was going to say Supernova too, but given that your old PSU exploded, that would probably be asking for trouble.

Well it has 10 year warranty so if anythings happens it is covered (at some point of course)

Have you try RMAing it, as you likely have a defective unit? I mean it does have a 5 year warranty. You would likely get the new revision of RM750 with full NCC on the secondary.

Maybe he's the first RM model... Corsair and their shady oems :,)

Hipro is actually a good OEM

They changed their name ._.?

Hipro is Chicony's retail name for PSUs. Like how Cougar is to HEC.

Edit: Here: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&file=print&reid=369

"You may be wondering if I've looked at a Chicony unit before. Yes, indeed I have. Remember that Hipro 550W unit I looked at way back in 2009? That's them. They are actually one of the largest OEMs on the planet, making mostly industrial units and OEM solutions for companies like Dell. In terms of build quality, I have always held them as being close to the likes of Zippy and Delta. This is a company that knows what its doing. We'll have to see if this unit maintains that tradition."

http://www.chicony.com.tw/downloads/investor_files_web/en20140522080446.pdf

"1990 – Hipro Electronics (Taiwan) Co., Ltd was established to specialize in the production and sales of power supplies."

Well the RM750 wasn't old, i brought it in January :D

and i think a 500W would be enough or do i need more if i use 2 gpu's?

//Edit: Also my Dad wants to buy a be quiet. Good choice?

My PC specs: Intel Core i7-920, Gigabyte EX-58 Extreme, 9GB Corsair XMS3, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce, 1TB WD, Be Quiet Straight Power 10 500W

Well the RM750 wasn't old, i brought it in January :D

and i think a 500W would be enough or do i need more if i use 2 gpu's?

//Edit: Also my Dad wants to buy a be quiet. Good choice?

Then I would RMA it and get a replacement, rather than spending money on a new one.

R6 260x had a rather modest power draw of under 120wDC: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R7_260X/24.html

Gaming peak of 93wDC; and synthetic loading of Furmark of 118wDC. So a quality ~500w can indeed power them.

BeQuiet has good, quiet PSUs. Since you are looking for a fully modular PSU though, it would mean you are looking at the Power Zone? That isn't a quiet PSU in comparison to other units.

Well 750 is overkill tbh. My recommendations are pretty limited really...

550-650 XFX XTR

750+ EVGA G2

Yeah... I'm not really all that open to trying new supplies. Be Quiet is a pretty decent company to go with, I haven't looked at their OEMs but their supplies are tier 3 and up (personally I don't go lower than tier 2) so they've got some quality supplies out on the market.

Well, i think the be quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 500W. Good Choice?