Looking for a new gaming headphone.

Bronese

Arghh... this is the 3rd time i try to reply. There were two black outs and i lost what i wrote. Sorry but i am too bored to write everything again so you'll get a conclusion.

If your motherboard has a powerful amp, then i would suggest you to go with the DT770 if you can find them for 130/170$ (don't forget to search for used pairs)

If your motherboard's amp is weak, then you'll need a headphones amplifier to power the beyerdynamics.

This will be the biggest difference imo.

wow, 2 blackouts? Damn.

Im using a Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3, would that be enough?

Nuggets In Pajamas 

Arghh... this is the 3rd time i try to reply. There were two black outs and i lost what i wrote. Sorry but i am too bored to write everything again so you'll get a conclusion.

If your motherboard has a powerful amp, then i would suggest you to go with the DT770 if you can find them for 130/170$ (don't forget to search for used pairs)

If your motherboard's amp is weak, then you'll need a headphones amplifier to power the beyerdynamics.

This will be the biggest difference imo.

wow, 2 blackouts? Damn.

Nuggets In Pajamas 

wow, 2 blackouts? Damn.

...And another one... 6 black outs in less than 6 hours. I'm so pissed right now. I'm not sure if i will be able to post this comment in time before another black out. 

Anyway, my anger has nothing to do with you, so i'll stop here :P

I think you'll have enough power to power the DT770. When you buy a headset, you pay a 50-100$ price premium, so while the sennheiser Zero/One might be great, i believe you can save some money if you get a separate microphone. Sennheiser has reasonable prices for their headsets in general, but i still believe you can do better with a pair of headphones. 

I will still vote for the DT770, but keep in mind that if you have medium-large or large ears, the sennheiser might be more comfortable. If you have medium → small ears, then the DT770 will be like pillows.

EDIT: Also, the beyerdynamic DT770 have a more agressive sound than the sennheiser, which are more laid back. (keep in mind, i've never heard these headsets, but i've seen comparisons and reviews)

I personally love the sound signature of the DT770 (and 990) for gaming, but that's just my preference. Some people find them too bright or too boomy, but for gaming i find them awesome and when i game i always wear my DT990s, instead of any other headphone. 

...And another one... 6 black outs in less than 6 hours. I'm so pissed right now. I'm not sure if i will be able to post this comment in time before another black out.

Anyway, my anger has nothing to do with you, so i'll stop here :P

I think you'll have enough power to power the DT770. When you buy a headset, you pay a 50-100$ price premium, so while the sennheiser Zero/One might be great, i believe you can save some money if you get a separate microphone. Sennheiser has reasonable prices for their headsets in general, but i still believe you can do better with a pair of headphones.

I will still vote for the DT770, but keep in mind that if you have medium-large or large ears, the sennheiser might be more comfortable. If you have medium → small ears, then the DT770 will be like pillows.

thank you for all the help, i do not need a microphone as i plan to get an external mic sooner or later, as i said, thank you for all the help and you can fly away captain...

Nuggets In Pajamas 

thank you for all the help, i do not need a microphone as i plan to get an external mic sooner or later, as i said, thank you for all the help and you can fly away captain...

Anytime man. I hope i helped :)

Let me know when you get any of those headphones and if you actually like them :P

I don't like any of the ones you listed. The Beyer dt770 is good and also the dt990. I like the AKG K612 in that range. Also modded fostex of you can get them in your price range are my favorites.

It's very hard to go wrong with HD558 + mod mic, so that's what I'd recommend

But is it an open ear headphone?

Nuggets In Pajamas 

Yes it is

awwww, im looking for a closed ear one...

Nuggets In Pajamas 

I'm more towards the Custom Ones. Generally because with the Sennheisers, you're paying more for the "GAMING" label and style.

You can buy the 598s for $147 and amazon(http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_2?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1423762446&sr=1-2&keywords=sennheiser) and slap a modmic on it. Boom. $200 and similar, if not, better sound.

Same thing with AKG Q 701s $182.95(http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Signature-Reference-Class-Premium-Headphones/dp/B004444OFK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423762461&sr=8-2&keywords=akg) slap a mod mic.

EDIT:

awwww, im looking for a closed ear one...

Oh dang. Shure srh440s or srh840s are closed back. Nice build quality and even sound.

Signature unda construction... in the meantime. Tell me more about yourself. I'm sure you've got an interesting story.

Oh dang. Shure srh440s or srh840s are closed back. Nice build quality and even sound.

FYI, 440 + 840 pads = 840 for less