this thing is a cool idea but it seams poorly fabricated and the welds are atrocious  

good review, but for the product the way of display height adjustment just made me lose interest, i got such system right now and it's not really the best thing in existance, fro form.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

at that price I would rather get a great comfortable chair and a ikea desk and still have money left.

Hello,

Couple of comments from owner of that contraption:

It's a lot easier to get in and out of it, if you take off the shifter mount (the metal contraption on the right side). Especially because looks like Linus did not even use it. I have shifter bolted on it. While I don't play racing games, I just unscrew the shifter mount and put it aside. That takes only one screw to open and you don't need any tools for it. So, rather simple operation.

I agree: I'd like to lift the seat up little bit more (especially when wheel is mounted). But that would bring another issue. The keyboard / mouse plate would easily make it very tight for your legs...

About the space requirement: It does not actually take much more space than table and chair. But you have to give up the table surface where it is usually convenient to store lots of junk. For me this was actually good thing. I had to start storing the junk which previously was piling up on the desk, to their proper places. For me the most problematic part was the monitors. But you need a huge table to use triple monitor setup. So, that was not really taking more space than table either. At the moment I am using one AOC U3477PQU ( http://aoc-europe.com/en/products/u3477pqu ).Keeps the setup nice and narrow.

About the price: I got mine as second hand. So, that helped. But while considering my options, the package looked good. If you are just after workstation with one monitor, this is not very tempting. But if you want to have triple monitor stand and especially if you want to play racing or flight simulators, the price will start being much more interesting. I was comparing this with: Good chair + desk + monitor stand + wheel stand (with a way to attach shifter). Obutto's price started to look pretty good and one major factor was that I can switch between workstation and racing cockpit easily.

After few months of use, I am still happy with my purchase.

Looks like it would also serve as a great protective cage for games in regions susceptible to earthquakes. Add some batteries and you can keep gaming until you're rescued from under the rubble.

Love the new intro. Nice video too! Would love to have one of these but don't have the money or room for it. Still awesome though!

Love the slogan! also, 800 bucks doesn't seem that much for what you get especially when you already have invested in three monitors and a pc capable of taking advantage of that kind of real estate

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

Interesting cockpit..... Looks a bit over the top for my tastes! But cool nonetheless...

Also, liking the new intro, and teching things seriously too!

This...

Me and my dad started a project a few months back to build a Racing/Driving Sim + Desk Combo and i swear, our design is the same as this but the gear stick mount is on the opposite side (Australia drives on the opposite side) and less small bars (But more big bars to solves issues like sagging *hint hint*). Its all mounted to a plywood board with a fully functioning car seat taken straight from the wreckers and a full steel frame. (When we eventually get around to finishing it i'll put up a small build log if you're interested)

Reviewing it as a workstation utility seems a bit weird to me. Nothing about it gives the impression that it's ment for working. It would have made more sense reviewing it as the gaming cockpit it actually is, and then a small follow up video about it being useable as a work station or not.

IMHO the Volair Sim is better. Has all the same features at lower price.

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

I wouldn't be able to stand the sag from that keyboard plate. Should have just used a plastic plate instead to help with the weight issues.

I have the obutto r3v with 3 rog swifts that I use for work and for sim but also use it for fps as well.  This is the rig to have if you are serious about racing sims and flight sims.  It's one of the cheapest and best built. $800 is cheap considering what other rigs cost out there.  To the poster above, it's better built than the volair as well. Better tubing and better frame structure by far.  The volair is more comparable to the obutto ozone, not the r3v. 

I find it super easy to work out of with the table tops.  It's actually quite comfortable. 

Here are some pics so yall can see what it looks like with some sim equipment.  It's in a all black theater room so it's hard for me to get some shots.  

vVHr7ED.jpg

KfjT4NG.jpg

and with the new fanatec clubsport wheel v2 w/ porsche rim

u8mrpQ5.jpg

and with the fanatec CSS sq shifter 

TEP7EnA.jpg

also here an assembly video I made back when I got it. I was using 3x crossover monitors back then though and different sim racing equipment.

This thing looks awesome, but... does it use a standard car seat slider? So, can I grab a seat from my old car and use it?

This thing looks awesome, but... does it use a standard car seat slider? So, can I grab a seat from my old car and use it?

you can mount the rails from a car seat onto it just like the seat that comes with it. 

Woah what a video! Love the Obutto gaming cockpit but i think the size is a no-buy.

Anyway i love the new intro & great slogan!

Damnit Linus, the 6 cables running from the monitors were the only really visible cables, but no cable management done there :(

This sort of setup only makes sense to me for things like a driving simulator, and even than, I'd probably need a first aid kit nearby for those moments where I fuck up entering or leaving that battlestation.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Woah what a video! Love the Obutto gaming cockpit but i think the size is a no-buy.

Anyway i love the new intro & great slogan!

you definitely need the space for it that's for sure. it isn't tiny but it's built like a tank though. Especially when you are sim racing on it and wheel is going bananas and you're shifting and and heel/toeing on the pedals...nothing moves. 

My best friend got 1 with all the accessories for Christmas and it is AMAZING.. It is such a nice replacement to the bulky computer desks. Also for Star Citizen...... Yea its Perfect

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

its looks great but i feel little things linus pointed out would really get tiring after a while plus i personally would want at least twice the desk space this provides.... keyborad mouse plus a couple of large text books along with enough place left to have a couple more A4 size things in front of me... 

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

A cockpit that's a feline magnet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, I like the new intro but the "tick tick" sound the box makes,  paired with the new music, feels a lil weird to me. Maybe I'm just used to the old intro :D

This is actually a pretty cool setup, and with the optional 5.1 speaker mounts, something I'll definitely have to consider getting in the future.

Terve!
I think this is not the right spot to ask this, but since I have no idea where else I should ask:

How is rumble doing at the moment?

He was doing better, three weeks ago, but I haven't heard something about it ever since.

I do not use Facbook or Instagram or Twitter, so there is the reason for the lack of info, I guess.

Thank you already for the update. And all the best to him.

Sayonara!

i liked that intro

MY PC   CPU INTEL i7 4790k   MOTHERBOARD ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1   COOLING CORSAIR H80i    CASE BITFENIX RONIN   RAM 2X4GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600MHZ  GPU GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 PSU CORSAIR RM750 WATT SSD SAMSUNG PRO 850 256GB HDD WD 1TB BLUE