I absolutely LOVED that intro

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

its looks great but i feel little things linus pointed out would really get tiring after a while plus i personally would want at least twice the desk space this provides.... keyborad mouse plus a couple of large text books along with enough place left to have a couple more A4 size things in front of me... 

once you have it set you'll never have to adjust it again. worse things worse you slide the seat back like a normal car. 

nice cockpit there!

so what's gonna happen with this thing if you have no use for it for your videos?

and dayummm, more Swifts monitors from ASUS just with a call!

Since the Wife Approval Rating is relatively low, I assume this will be someone's workstation at the new office.

Since the Wife Approval Rating is relatively low, I assume this will be someone's workstation at the new office.

as long as it isn't in the middle of the living i think you'll be ok... in a man cave it would be just fine. mine is in my theater room...wife no care. 

Hey fellas, Chris from Obutto here :) Since I live in my cockpits every day for all of my work & gaming (well just my trusty ol DoD:S & BFx these days) I hope to answer or address any questions re our r3v from 2012 or our original oZone cockpit.  Reading through the thread I've seen a few questions or concerns and I hope to address them below...

First off thanks to Karvajalkatm for posting up his mates thoughts on his r3v, and also to Khyber for sharing his experience. As you could imagine with anything vastly different from the norm (in this case the chair/desk combo) it's a hard road to cross, but it's been wickid seeing how folks have digged our cockpits since day 1. 

Re why this would be needed for anything other than simming...I actually designed the original oZone gaming cockpit in 2006 for this first & foremost, ergonomic computer use. This was due to the aches & pains I had while working at my office for 9hrs a day in Singapore & then gaming at home from 9pm to 2am (or a bit more) every night. Also, at that time I was getting into sim-racing to practice the racing line at a track I used to frequent in my E30. Therefore, I designed mounts so I wouldn't have to move my keyboard/mouse every time I wanted to switch games/sims. Since I tracked my E30 at a local track in Johor Bahru, Malaysia I knew of the importance of a proper race driving position with regards to the upper body & the wheel so this was incorporated. Furthermore, I grew up around aviation having a career officer combat pilot as a father & a stepfather that pioneered the industry in SE Asia & was an avid vintage aircraft collector. I already knew of all the keen flight sim'ers, one of my pals especially, so I made sure the mounts were ideally located for their kit as well. Anyhow, the prime focus was getting out of the typical sit forward in an office chair with an upright posture at the beginning for it to only massively fail into a slumped over back with loads of weight on your elbows & arse, coupled with the back, shoulder or neck pain associated with 1+ hours of constant computer use. Therefore, I threw everything out about the desk design, as it was useless with regards to using a computer, or typewriter for that matter. All I know is after 9yrs of no desk/chair use and only using our cockpits for all of my work & gaming, it really is that good as I've never ached even after 4-7hrs straight. Nowadays if I have to get up it's to visit the loo or grab a beer ;)

Re space, our oZone or r3v really takes up less or the same amount of space of a desk/chair combo, when considering scooting your chair back to exit the seat. While I stopped using desks after making the first oZone cockpit, I did compare the total amount of space needed with not only my IKEA "computer desk" with 3 shelves (from 2001 in Singapore) to a more recently purchased flat glass IKEA "computer desk", we purchased for some vids in 2013, along with a high back ventilated IKEA chair (total cost was USD700+). While the overall length is at most a tad more since it's stationary, the width is much less especially with a single monitor setup. With a triple setup overall width can vary depending on monitor size, but in the oZone prototype I'm sitting in now, along with a prototype r3v monitor stand accompanied by my VERY ancient triple LG 22" monitors from the TripleHead2Go days, has only a 4ft wide elevated footprint. and the overall length of the r3v, from nose to tail, which is slightly longer than the oZone, is 180cm with the seatback in a laid back position.

Seeing as this is getting a bit long I'll stop typing. I do apologize for such a long post and hope I can help anyone out :)

*edit* my apologies as I did forget to bring up the wife approval rating....depending on the uses it's about 50/50 per the customers I've interacted with over the past 9yrs, which is MANY. Re the negative 50% they are fine as long as it's not in public view (ie living room, dining room hehe) but the other 50% tend to use it for their FB time or whatever :) In the really cool gaming households there are His & Hers ;)

its looks like it would be really uncomfortable to sit in if your tall like me

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

its looks like it would be really uncomfortable to sit in if your tall like me

nah, that's why you can mount the seat further back and slide it back and mount pedals more foward. no different than sitting in a car. 

once you have it set you'll never have to adjust it again. worse things worse you slide the seat back like a normal car.

To an extent yes, but the lack of desk space is till a real issue i think.

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

Hey lutewan, as Khyber mentioned, and if you don't sim there is even more room as there are no pedals in the way. I'm 6'2" and know of 6'5" guys using our cockpits :)

Hey Mystic, re a lack of desk space, it really comes down to how you use your computer. In general though, when we have a desk it becomes a storage space full of things not needed when using a computer. Although, if the cockpit doesn't provide enough tabletop space other items can be placed nearby to provide all  of the real estate you need so you can still enjoy the ergonomics when using your computer. I'm currently in my oZone at my US home along with it's larger 1pc tabletop. Since my partner has her r3v next to me we decided to put a cool looking wooden Mosin-Nagant rifle case in between our cockpits. The case held 50 rifles so it's a nice size and looks great imho, but sadly it becomes a storage space and gets cluttered within days :( Anyhow, just cleaned off the case for some vids being shot later so thought I'd post it up :)

US_cockpits_zps9a96e203.jpg