Audio-Technica ATR2500 vs Blue Snowball vs Samson Meteor vs other

alby800

So I need a desktop mic, it needs to be usb, not too difficult to move around. I will be using it for @athesean1's and my tech channel, skype, gaming etc.

Now to the good stuff, we have a budget of $100 AUD including shipping, we can go over a little bit, but not by much at all (like $10)

We have been looking at:

Blue Snowball ($65 AUD without shipping): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/413696-REG/Blue_SNOWBALL_BUNDLE_TW_Snowball_USB_Condenser_Microphone.html

Samson Meteor ($88.40 AUD without shipping): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=samson+meteor&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ps

Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB ($84.30 AUD without shipping): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/751978-REG/Audio_Technica_ATR2500_USB_ATR2500_USB_Condenser_USB_Microphone.html

Which one of these would be the best for us purposes?

Any more microphones that would suite us?

How reliable is B&H for international shipping?

Thanks gies ;)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

The AT mic is the nicest one, the Samson is the small one thats also nice. The Snowball is bulky and doesn't do that much, but its the cheap one for you.

The AT mic is the nicest one, the Samson is the small one thats also nice. The Snowball is bulky and doesn't do that much, but its the cheap one for you.

Thanks, so the AT one would sound the best.

also do any of them have a mute button or an easy way to mute on the go?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

I really like the Snowball.

You can put it on a arm later more easily, because it's like a more famous mic

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I really like the Snowball.

You can put it on a arm later more easily, because it's like a more famous mic

Everybody likes the snowball xD

Which is why I don't really want it :P

AUDIO TECHNICA

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Thanks, so the AT one would sound the best.

also do any of them have a mute button or an easy way to mute on the go?

The Samson has a mute on the front of it. The others don't. (Snowball isn't really that good, does nothing that better mics do for marginally more....) 

AUDIO TECHNICA

The Samson has a mute on the front of it. The others don't. (Snowball isn't really that good, does nothing that better mics do for marginally more....) 

ok thanks, I am really liking the samson and the AT, now I need to figure out whether I want better sound quality, but no mute button and is bigger. Or worse sound quality, a mute button and a smaller, easy to move size

How much worse is the sound quality on the Samson?

ok thanks, I am really liking the samson and the AT, now I need to figure out whether I want better sound quality, but no mute button and is bigger. Or worse sound quality, a mute button and a smaller, easy to move size

How much worse is the sound quality on the Samson?

Depends, what your you planning on doing most? If you do more chat, the Samson, if you do more "pro" work the AT. 

Depends, what your you planning on doing most? If you do more chat, the Samson, if you do more "pro" work the AT. 

ok thanks, I will talk to @athesean1 about it

Thanks for the help

ok thanks, I will talk to @athesean1 about it

Thanks for the help

Both are nice, you have to weigh your options, if I needed to get a nice mic tomorrow, I would go to the nearest electronics store and grab a Samson myself.

Both are nice, you have to weigh your options, if I needed to get a nice mic tomorrow, I would go to the nearest electronics store and grab a Samson myself.

what about this: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/headphones-dj/microphones/behringer/behringer-c1u-usb-condenser-microphone/94434/?

It is in budget and there is a JB-hifi in my town so it would be convieneint.

also the meteor is available there too, as well as a few others: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/headphones-dj/microphones/

if you don't mind, take a look for us and see if there is any other options :D

what about this: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/headphones-dj/microphones/behringer/behringer-c1u-usb-condenser-microphone/94434/?

It is in budget and there is a JB-hifi in my town so it would be convieneint.

also the meteor is available there too, as well as a few others: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/headphones-dj/microphones/

if you don't mind, take a look for us and see if there is any other options :D

Behringer has never really been a thing for me, nice products, good price, and I am still meh towards them for no justifiable reason...

Sennheiser mic is a XLR, needs other stuff to work, pricey-ish stuff. The AT and Samson are still top runners because of price and feature set. 

Behringer has never really been a thing for me, nice products, good price, and I am still meh towards them for no justifiable reason...

Sennheiser mic is a XLR, needs other stuff to work, pricey-ish stuff. The AT and Samson are still top runners because of price and feature set.

ok thanks :D

I think we will go for the Samson because we can get it locally