Build Plan Thread Recommendations (Please read before posting)

As a total newb at building a PC I am in a great position to embarrass myself.

Still, I want to give it a go to save some money (and potentially prove to myself I can do something with my own two hands). The PC would be used for MS Office work during the day by my gf and for photo editing and perhaps later also video editing by night (I might get into that later). There is no strict budget, but I am hoping for around 1000 EUR (I live in Germany). The reason for the upgrade is that I would like something that works fast, will let me do photo editing reasonably well as I am getting into photography and can be upgraded in the future.

• The rig would be below a desk (not enough place on the actual desk), so the case could be a bit bigger if that might help with the cooling. Is this any good?
  • I have decided on the CPU; i7 8700 (do not think I will ever get into overclocking). I have heard that noctua coolers are good. Any thoughts on this?
  • I would like to avoid having RGB lighting altogether. Any thoughts on good motherboards, which would let me make upgrades to the PC down the line. WIFI is a must, thought I guess there might be workarounds to that.
  • I also plan on getting 2 x 8 GB of DDR RAM (would this be OK?)
  • I do not think that I would need something high end as far as the GPU goes as I can upgrade that later if needs be (I do my gaming on my xbox one and am finding hard to find the time for it anyway). The budget for that would be around 300 EUR. Any recommendations? I have read somewhere that AMD might be better for non-gaming stuff. True?
  • Samsung 970 evo m.2 500GB and probably also a Samsung Evo 860 SSD (1TB).
  • No idea on the power supply, I have not read up on that yet.
  • I plan to use a HD monitor at first (to see if I put everything together correctly). Later I aim to buy a 4K monitor and perhaps use both (still undecided).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ahoy there from Straya (aus)

This be my approx planned build 

Budget max-  less than 900 

Aim - For mixed gernres of games / some video editing.

So far

Motherboard - ASRock B450 Pro4 

CPU - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 

CPF - CoolerMaster hyper T2

GPU - GB GeForce RTX 2060 6G

RAM - GeIL EVO SPEAR DDR4 16G

PSU - Corsair CX 750w 

HDD - Hitachi ultrastar 7k3000 2TB

In a Rosewill TYRFING mid tower 

Just one monitor and i have peripherals sorted.

Is this build ok  or have i cheaped out too much?

-Cheers to all

Accidentally posted here instead of in the proper area! My bad! Thanks for reading! ?

Edited by Fuzzylogik

1. Budget & Location: ~700 GBP (could be higher) UK

2. Aim: Gaming (triple-A titles), software dev.

3. Monitors: One (or maybe two) 1440p 120Hz monitors

4. Peripherals: No. No Windows required.

5. Why are you upgrading: I currently have an HP workstation laptop, good for work and multimedia but doesnt run games well.

6. Form factor: I plan to move in a few months (and some more after that), so I want to build a small PC that I can pack in a backpack.

I am thinking an AMD system with an RTX 2060. I know small form factor could be limiting in some regards, but I do want to take it with me whereever I go.

• PERFORMACE PER DOLLAR

I want a RYZEN based built that can be upgraded in upcoming 6 years easily.First time APU bulits be nice as I don't want to sabotage my overall performance by spending too much Graphics Crad . Something that can run Previous 2 years PC games on 1080p medium settings 60fps NO compromise. Cooling and solution for dust have priority next to overall performance .

• BUDGET AND LOCATION 

I live in India PIN 751003,I most likely would be using Amazon to buy parts as to local market don't have any ;My buget is ₹50,000 IRN max.

• AIM

Gaming and office work

Altlest 3GHz CPU clock

• Monitor

Already have 

• Peripheral

Already have

• form factor

A Mid-tower slim bulit be nice if could be done.

• Why upgrading 

I mostly do my work on my old laptop Lenovo G 50-80E

Which I recently upgraded with 8gb ram and a 240gb WD green SSD its faster but not fast or powerful enough.

Hi Everyone,

Planning my first build ever!

Would love some feedback on the system i have parted out, some is chosen from reviews/budget reason, some of it is cause i like it. :)

Have a budget of £800 GBP

My aim is mostly for gaming, but some little picture and video editing too. i would say 85% gaming.

Will be using one monitor to begin with, but may move to more later.

I do wish to overclock in the future but will buy better cooling for that as and when i can, its not an immediate want but i wish to retain the ability to.

I have keyboard and mouse etc already and a new monitor is not included in the £800 budget 

Parts list is here https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/PmGfw6

Thanks guys

Only a minor change, diverted some funds from the RAM for a better PSU. Besides the Corsair has lower latency timing at CL15, probably won't make a difference in real life usage but its nice to have I guess.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£137.98 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£79.97 @ Laptops Direct) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£88.89 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£50.39 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card  (£259.97 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£70.00 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£74.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Total: £762.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-25 04:16 BST+0100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

• 2 weeks later...

Template idea:

I am from: (country)

My budget is: (budget in local currency)

Am I building now?: (y/n)(When am I building?)(Am I just looking around?)

My build is for: (Aim)(If gaming, list desired titles)(If productivity, list software)

I want to game at: (Resolution)(Refresh Rate)

Do I need a monitor?: (y/n)

Do I need peripherals?: (y/n)

Situational notes: (Here's what's going on)(I have these brand preferences)(I will be buying parts from a local shop / online)

Here's my build idea: (PCPartpicker build)

Build notes: (Here's why I picked these things)(I have a question about these parts)

• 3 weeks later...

I am from: Indonesia

My budget is: 600 USD

Am I building now?: in the next month

My build is for: Gaming mostly (I am getting ready for cryberpunk 2077 yeah its still a long way) and occationaly 3D modeling (Solidworks and Autocad)

I want to game at: 1440p highest framerate that I can get

Do I need a monitor?: already have it

Do I need peripherals?: already have it too

Situational notes: Im stuck with the option between ryzen cpu 2700x and intel cpu i7 8700k

Here's my build idea: (PCPartpicker build)

Build notes: I already got some few part in advance 

-Croyrig h7 quad lumi

-GTX 1070 ti

-Gskill tridentz 16 gb 3200

-Samsung SSD 860 evo 250

-Seasonics Focus gold 650 Watt

So I'm in a little dilemma here since either i wait for the ryzen 3000 series or just grab the 2000 series. I really prefer the i7 8700k for my build but since there is the mds issue and i dont really know if it will affect me. I am also open to other option so that i can get the best out of my budget. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I am planning on building a fast pc capable of any office type word I need to do, but also is capable of running any game at high settings with high FPS. My budget is around a $1000 usd and right now I am deciding on the final parts.

I am currently deciding wether I should get an Intel i5 9600k with a EVGA geforce rtx 2060, or save money by not having to get the gen z motherboard and get a ryzen 7 2700 or 2700x with a Rtx 2070 graphics card.

Which option do you think will give me a better result for what I’m trying to accomplish?

• 1 month later...

1. Budget & Location

Total budget $3,500 USD Located: U.S.A

$500 on a motherboard ATX (I'm thinking the ASROCK Phantom Gaming 9)

$500 on a CPU (I'm thinking Intel core I9-9900k)

The best graphic card possible with Corsair HydroX cooling support (needs to last 4 years so no budget on this piece) (I'm thinking the EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC2 Ultra)

$300 on a PSU or whatever is needed (I'm thinking Corsair HX1000i [May be overkill though])

$300 corsair ram DDR4 (I'm thinking Corsair vengence 4x16gb DDR4 3200MHz

Going to use Corsair 680X case with hydroX cooling with Corsair's 140mm ML140 Pros for case and radiator fans

Also i'm trying to go Corsair where possible and have the PC be as quite as possible, with possible overclocking

2. Aim

The Aim of this PC is for it to be able to do a bit of everything (Video editing, 3D CAD/CAM, multitasking) but mostly gaming and VR. I plan on using this computer with the new Valve Index and playing FPS games such as Star wars Battlefront 2, Overwatch, and the Ghost Recon series.

3. Monitors

I am planing on having 2 and eventually even 3 monitors (but starting with 2) at 1440p and eventually 4k with HDR and G-Sync

4. Peripherals

I already have most of my peripherals but would like the computer to have extended USB 3.1 ports with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth naively supported and I will need a Windows Pro Licence

5. Why are you upgrading?

I am upgrading because when I built my last gaming rig I did it on a small budget and I am already feeling it slip in performance. With go to college next year I want to build a rig that can last for a while with as much power as possible for gaming, 3D editing, and VR so that I don't have to pour more money into it while in school.

• 2 weeks later...

Current Built using PCPartPicker: (Sorry if I listed too many irrelevant things)

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  
CPU Cooler: Intel E97379-003 (Intel Stock Cooler)
Motherboard: MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory   
Storage: SanDisk Ultra Plus 128 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Toshiba P300 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB AORUS Video Card 
Power Supply: Seventeam 850 W 80+ Bronze ATX Power Supply [Not on PCPartPicker] ST-850Z-AF
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit 
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound BlasterX AE-5 Sound Card
Case Fan: Cooler Master R4-S2S-124K-GP 44.73 CFM 120 mm Fans  [May not be accurate as I am trying to pick the closest I can find on PCPartPicker] Rear Exhaust
Case Fan: Cooler Master R4-MFJR-07FK-R1 110 CFM 200 mm Fan  [May not be accurate as I am trying to pick the closest I can find on PCPartPicker] Front Intake
Case Fan: Cooler Master R4-MFJR-07FK-R1 110 CFM 200 mm Fan  [May not be accurate as I am trying to pick the closest I can find on PCPartPicker] Top Exhaust
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth Edition Wired Gaming Keyboard 
Mouse: Mionix AVIOR 8200 Wired Laser Mouse 
Monitor: 2x Armaggeddon EFX 27UHD SWITX 144Hz (Not known internationally, but it was on offer for me as it had G sync and 2K 144Hz so why not. https://leapfroglobal.com/amg/Armaggeddon-monitors-efx27uhd?manufacturer_id=2&category_id=40)

Speaker: Sony HT-MT300 soundbar

1. Budget & Location

Looking to upgrade current CPU

$150~$175 for CPU Cooler and potentially a case fan. 

Singapore

2. Aim

Gaming and movie watching for now, Engineering 3D analysis software in the future. (Sorry if im difficult but it seems I want an all-rounded computer) 

Currently on my school break but potentially gonna need to do some engineering software analysis that requires more CPU/RAM load.

Aim of gaming: Playing some AAA games

The issue currently, for example playing Wolfenstein youngblood (comes with the new GPU) the computer is warning me that the CPU is averaging high temperature and it can hinder my CPU health.

3. Monitors

Running 2. Not planning on getting more. As stated above, 2560 x 1440 @ 144Hz

4. Peripherals

As stated above, dont think I need to upgrade anything as I am comfortable with what I have. 

Was a casual user until recently when I have finally the income to upgrade my computer.

I tried playing Wolfenstein youngblood (I assume it is a AAA game) that came with my new 2070 Super, after playing for an hour my computer notified me that my CPU has hit more than 82-degree celsius average and it can hinder my CPU health. I checked the CAM monitor and it said I average 85 while playing and it hit a surge max of 90-degree celsius. (GPU average about 68-ish degree celsius)

Thus I am writing this to ask for help in recommending in fixing that from happening and potentially full proof when I am to use more CPU intensive games and analysis software in the near future (Gonna require more engineering software usage in my final year)

I have read elsewhere that Intel stock coolers are not capable of fulling supporting the CPU thermal issue and thus requires replacing with an aftermarket one. 

Therefore, I was considering some fans. 

I am not that keen on trying liquid coolers and my case would only support a 120mm and from what i read is that it is not efficient.

So I would need some confirmation for what I have gathered/narrowed down to.

For the huge twin towers, Noctua DH15 vs Dark Rock Pro 4. DH15 is better but it has lower ram clearance.

For single tower, Noctua U12A vs CRYORIG H7 Single Tower heatsink with 120mm. U12A is better here but the H7 is easier to purchase and buy in my country. 

I would need your advice on choosing the twin towers or single tower, and should i get the best (DH15/U12A) or just get the easier one as I dont have a overclock CPU anyway?

My friend had suggested to me to change my fan setup for now if I was not intending on purchasing/upgrade the CPU cooler. 

As attached in the picture, I have a 200mm fan intake filter vs 200mm (top) + 120mm (rear) fan exhaust. I read that this is not ideal as it is negative case pressure.

The consideration is to change either the 200mm top or 120mm exhaust as intakes to help with the CPU thermals.

Lastly, my case HAF 912 Advanced allows the installation of a 120/140mm fan, I guess this will benefit my case pressure and also benefit my CPU thermals?

Should i also spend on getting this as a add on?

Advanced issues found

Spoiler
demo2.jpg
Spoiler

Demo1.jpg

I am from: UK

My budget is: £1000 with £200 leeway

Am I building now?: within the next month

My build is for: some gaming (JC3&4, minecraft, indie games), some CAD (fusion 360, inventor, etc...), mostly youtube/documents

I want to game at: medium settings, minimum 60 fps, not expecting max detail but would like to run smoothly

Do I need a monitor?: y

Do I need peripherals?: y

Situational notes: i have a 1unit pc that used to be a school computer, 250W power supply and 2000GB hard drive and 4GB RAM, the CPU and motherboard are ancient, ATX size

Here's my build idea:

Build notes: set upper limmit of £250 for CPU then chose motherboard and other parts based on cheapest that had my minimum requirements, feel free to change any or every part if there is something else that makes more sense (preferably explain the reasons).

i do not have a lid for my case and am happy for it to be free-standing and for parts like cooling or graphics to protrude out of the case, i will likely manufacture a lasercut acrylic shroud with cooling once it is together and working

I am from: Canada

My budget is: $3000CAD

Am I building now?: yes, hoping to build in the next month

My build is for: Mostly gaming. Cyberpunk. Kingdom Come Deliverance. Assasin's Creed Odessy. Anno 1800. Video editing with Premiere. Photoshop.

I want to game at: I have a 3440x1440 ultrawide with G-sync monitor

Do I need a monitor?: n

Do I need peripherals?: n

Situational notes: I want to stick with Nvidia. I have used Intel for a long time now. Likely stick with that, but could be talked into AMD.

Here's my build idea

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($632.95 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock TF 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($133.35 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($219.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: Team Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($89.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: Team Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($89.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($127.92 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($82.32 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING Video Card  ($919.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($114.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($162.74 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $2573.24
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-10 02:40 EDT-0400

Build notes: This was built from the LTT build example, but I increased the ram to 32gb, changed the SSD and change the GPU to a 2080S. Should I stay with the 2080 Ti or is the 2080S enough? I will likely go to VR at some point. Likely the Steam Index. Is the SSD type worth it? I don't know what the benefit over a SATA SSD is.

1. Budget & Location

• Budget < 5k
  • USA

2. Aim

• .Gaming <> Skyrim, Dragon age Inquisition, Cities Skyline.
  • VR Gaming such as Skyrim
  • Not into FPS games.

3. Monitors

• 4K Sony TV 55"

4. Peripherals

• NA.

I have been using a Dell Alienware Laptop for at least 3 years last week the fans went out. it still runs windows and web browsing but it crashes as soon as you launch a game, or at least a minute or two after. I could fix the laptop and extend it for a while but I am looking forward to diving into some nice VR games and being able to crank up teh graphic setting a bit.

The only thing I am sure I want is the case. = 

Thermaltake Tower 900 ATX Full Tower Case

I would like to spend far less then 5k while leaving room to upgrade when I have extra cash. And trying to decipher what is the best bang for the buck is mind numbing.

EDIT: this was my third attemt at selecting a build 

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Hello,

I' dlike to get into some more serious 3d modelling with blender and game design with Unity and Unreal Engine. So I want an upgrade since my current pc 

• CPU I7 7700K
  • GPU GTX 960 6GB VRAM
  • RAM 8GB 2400MHz Hyper X

isn't able to keep up with blender models over 600k polygons or big game scenes in Unity. My total budget is ~2000USD, but I dont want to spend it all.

I've done some research and found the following:

• Modelling in blender is single core work. So higher clocks are better.
  • Rendering, sculpting, rigging, vector painting and lighting are multi core tasks in blender.
  • In Unity pretty much everything is multi core: lighting and light baking, code compiling and assets ect.
  • Terrain building is single core in Unity.
  • At least 16GB RAM is highly recommended in both programs.
  • Blender stores modells in the GPU's VRAM.
  • Unity only uses the GPU for viewport FPS

So I came up with this build for the budget of 1400USD on PC partpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SzabGer/saved/z7B9GX

• CPU RYZEN 7 3800X
  • GPU 2060 SUPER
  • RAM 16GB 3200MHz
  • B450 chipset, msi motherboard

I'm keeping my current storage (samsung 250GB sata SSD, 2TB HDD).

I went way bellow budget to get some decent monitors. I want at least 2 or a super ultra wide (32:9). They need to be somewhat color accurate since making games is highly visual work. I'm not looking for 150%sRGB since I have a pretty baller OLED tv that can do that.

Every part is subject to change except for the case. It's just too nice to not use it :)

I can't wait for some comments and thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I'm looking to make a VR building mid range price ideally under £2000 including the cost of the HTC VIVE although could go up by £200-£400 if it was really worth it for something that I have missed. I was looking to travel to multiple locations with the rig. 

Please could someone check this, let me know if I have missed something glaring obvious. I need enough fire power to run VR while recording in OBS. Along with productivity as a secondary thought, such as video editing etc, although that is very much secondary and the VR is the main port of call. 

Thanks all, fingers crossed :D 

Items  Link Cost
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 329.75
CPU Specs 8C/16T, 36MB Cache, 4.4 GHz Max Boost 0.00
CPU Cooler wrait prism inc. 0.00
RAM Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) 79.99
Case Game Max Abyss Full Tower Case 70.91
Motherboard Asus TUF X470 154.89
Wireless netwk BrosTrend 1200Mbps Long Range USB WiFi Dongle 18.99
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold 110.24
HDD WD Blue 2TB 52.30
SSD    
Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC 525.00
VR HTC Vive 499.00
VR accessories Audio Headphones 109.99

TOTAL   £1,951.06

I am from: Philippines

My budget is: ₱60,000($1,145.19)

Am I building now?: Not yet, I plan to build it in first week of September.

My build is for: I plan to play mostly mmorpg games and also things like witcher 3 down the road.

I want to game at: 1920x1080 at 144hz

Do I need a monitor?: yes

Do I need peripherals?: no

Situational notes: I will be both buying locally and in US via a freight services.

This is my 12th personal build though I have built many for friends and family. My goal here this will be my personal everyday rig, ill do some design work, light gaming, surf the web, whatever I may be into one minute to the next. I own a retro gaming rig which sports an sandy bridge i7-2600k processor with  a AMD RX580 x graphic card which has a  480GB windows 10 boot drive,  4 TB hard drive storage with a ton or roms and I play GTA 5 like a teenager. I do 1080p ultra with that and get about 100fps with that game. Some may ask why not make this new rig your gaming rig, its simple the 2600k is a great processor and I just finished that build May 2019. The new rig will consist of the following:

Ryzen 7-3700x processor  $330 market prices

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI X370 main board  $135 on ebay (factory refurbished) flashed for 3k Ryzen

Corsair 32GB 3200mhz RGB Pro memory $190 Best Buy

XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Card  $135 used on ebay

Seasonic 750watt Gold Rated Power supply used on ebay $ 65

Lancool (Lian Li) Dragonlord PC-K62 case new in box from 2010 i paid $110 I will modify the I/O for usb3 sports 3 fans I will add more

NZXT Kraken X62 AIO coooler $110 on ebay used

WD blue 1TB NVMe M.2 drive boot drive $110 ebay

Crucial 2 TB SSD applications drive $230 market prices

Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 7200 rpm storage drive $40 used ebay with 1 year warranty

2 Pioneer Blu-ray optical drives from old build

Sleaved cables in black $40 ebay for the set

Metallic Gear RGB fans with aura sync 140mm /1500 rpm  set of 4 $45 on ebay

Miscellaneous parts for case modifications $40

Grand total $1460 usd

I will add a 1440 display 100-120 mhz refresh later.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey i want to build a gaming pc.

Budget: <Rs.60000 excluding keyboard and mouse

Monitor: 1

Peripherals: dont want to buy a mouse and keyboard

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 7:10 PM, trevb0t said:

Template idea:

I am from: germany

My budget is: 750€

Am I building now?: I'm waiting for black friday

My build is for: gaming, BFV, HOI4, WOWS, WOT and some starcraft or overwatch sometimes

I want to game at: 1920*1080p with 144hz

Do I need a monitor?: N

Do I need peripherals?: (n)

Situational notes: I only have an 60hz monitor but am looking for a better one, recommendations would be helpful. Monitor not included in the budget

Here's my build idea: 600W be quiet PSU, be quiet pure base 500, b450 tomahawk max, 16GB DDR4

Build notes: ryzen 2600 with vega 56 or 3600 with 5700?

I am from Sweden 

My budget is 60000 Swedish crowns or 6000$ (I have won a lot of money) 

Am I building now? More or less yes.

My build is for 4K gaming HDR with good FPS.

I want to game at 4K HDR with 60FPS

Do I need a monitor? Yes I have not decided between ASUS 27" ROG PG27UQ vs Acer 27" Predator X27. The predator is 9000 crowns cheaper (900$).

Do I need peripherals? No
Situational notes Monitor is included in the budget. I want a AMD system X570. I need a big HDD because I’m having a lots of iTunes movies music and a very big Steam library.

Here's my build idea 2080ti  AMD Ryzen 7 3700X cpu but I have no other idea. But don't want a custom water-cooled system because my old system leaked.?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I am planning on long hand to replace my very old system, a old Gaming and work build.

I live in germany Berlin and my budget is below 1000€

I would like a "gaming" rig with some working aspect.

I use Auto CAD 3d MAX Photoshop Indesign Scetchup Blender and severalother render and slier programs

On games I mainly Play Warframe Sandbox games like modded Minecraft Spaceengineers,

Then some Single player games like Fallout, Dues EX and hopefully Cyberpunk.

I do have two monitors  keyboard mouse and webcam.

The stuff I planned to buy are:

CPU:            AMD Ryzen 2700X 3.7 GH

Mainboard: Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming ATX

RAM:          2X G.Skill Ripjaws V series 8 GB DDR4.3200 memory

Grafiks:      2X XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS XX ED
Cooling:     Corsair H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM CPU cooler

Powers. :   Bequiet 700 wats

Storage:    From my old rig 2 SSD ~500 gb Hardrive 1 TB

I'd be glad for anny suggestions or tips the estimated tottal of this build would be without the Powersuply as i just recently  bought that one around 800 €

• 2 weeks later...

1. Budget & Location

Ontario, Canada.
$4000 CAD + tax and change/wiggle room.

2. Aim
High Refresh Rate Gaming. (Or just: Gaming).

Games: 

CSGO, PUBG, Starcraft II, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Far Cry 5, Insurgency: Sandstorm, 

Battlefield One, Star Wars Battlefront, Overwatch, R6 Siege, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Minecraft (gimme dat draw distance boi), Fallout(s)

3. Monitors
Primary 240hz OR 160hz... still totally TBD.
Secondary used for media/youtube while gaming on LOW-spec games. Other high spec games, the monitor will be off with "PC Monitor only" project option. (Windows + P)

4. Peripherals
I have keyboards/mice. I will include a monitor in the build list.

To celebrate my loans being done and get an upgrade from my circa 2011 (with upgraded GTX1060 GPU) build.

New Build (rough first go): PCPartPicker Part List (click: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/nP6QV7) 

Other build notes:
I'd really like a Lian Li full tower... or a nice full tower reasonably priced with good features. Was also looking at Cooler Master Trooper as well as Lian Li O11 Air.

Open to CPU/Mobo changes.

I figure I will have all the pieces in 6 months, which can mean that: the CPU/Mobo/GPU combo could change, and they would likely be the last things I buy as the rest of the parts are fairly static in pricing.

"Future Proofing" -- haha I know... bit of a gimmick, but seeing as my current build from 2011 with a 1060 upgrade does okay, I don't think it's impossible. And I feel like the rate at which gaming computers are getting better is hitting a plateau, so now is a good time to buy, especially with AMD becoming competitive again.

I'm Canadian but I do some travelling to the U.S. for work. I'll happen to be over there for Cyber Monday as well... So let me know if there are things I should look for where I can get super good deals.

I will be in California (specifically San Francisco) and am curious if there's any prices I can take advantage of and take things back in my luggage (things that would be safe to do so, SSD, PSU, CPU Cooler, **Maybe the mobo...**).  I'm open to suggestions.

FYI:

OLD BUILD circa 2011:

disclaimer: the Nvidia 1060 card in this PCPartPicker list is an upgrade from an AMD 6870 2 years ago).

PCPartPicker Part List (click: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/nP6QV7)

Edited by bulletmagnet1234
adding notes about me travelling in U.S.

Hello guys i hope you can help me decide if its ok for me to upgrade with my current rig. 

im currently rocking this rig 

cpu: i5 7500

motherbaord: asus z170i 

ram: corsair vengeance 2x8 2666mhz

gpu: gtx 1060 6gb

ssd: samsung evo 850 256gb

hdd: WD 2tb x2

psu: corsair cx750w

and here's the build that im planning to upgrade

cpu: ryzen 3600 or 2700x

motherboard: aorus b450i

ram: corsair vengance 2x8 3200mhz