Replacement cables for Audeze LCD-2?

FatEskimo97

I'm not currently looking to buy one, but I'm just wondering what the benefits of getting certain cables are. Which types give which different sounds, and what types of cables are there other than silver? Also, what specific (brand) cables would you recommend for each type (for future reference)? I recently got the LCD-2's and have been wondering about this.

CPU: i7-5820k | Mobo: Asus X99-Deluxe | RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 | Storage: Samsung XP941 Series 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive; Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | GPUs: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 | Audio: Audeze LCD​-2; Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC

nothing, unless its very thin and cheap.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

I'm not currently looking to buy one, but I'm just wondering what the benefits of getting certain cables are. Which types give which different sounds, and what types of cables are there other than silver? Also, what specific (brand) cables would you recommend for each type (for future reference)? I recently got the LCD-2's and have been wondering about this.

Im not the one making the decision but, cables wont affect the sound quality if it does the results will be smaller than placebo effect.

Save your money. Snazzy out.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

The "benefit" is that it gets rid of any excess money you may have around.

Reason is mostly aesthetic. It's like pimping your ride. It won't make your ride perform/function better, just better looking. 

In my experience, different conducting/plating materials do yield different sounds. But the differences are so astronomical that it's not worth a lot of money. I mean, if say standard cable is $10, the upgraded cable is $15, and you gotta choose one, then maybe. It's certainly not worth spending hundreds or even thousands (yes, there are thousand dollars/meter cables out there). 

There are a lot of materials and coding for cables. The ones I found:

Materials:

- copper, most used, from $1/meter cables to something like $100+/meter cables. Electrical cables also use copper. The thing that differentiate electrical cables from audio grade cables is the purity and processing. Not much different though, even when comparing 50cents light bulb copper cables to a $10/meter audio grade copper cable. 

- copper + silver plated

- copper + gold plated. Yes, it's plated across the cable. Amtrans cable is one example

- pure silver cable

- pure silver + gold mix (with gold just 1% or something)

Then there are codes for the cables' grades, like OFC, OCC, PCOCC, etc (for copper). Purity grade, something like 4N, 6N, or something like that (for silver). 4N = 4 nines = 99.99% purity. 6N = 99.9999% purity, etc. I've read people from forums that say they can totally hear the difference between the same materials, one being 4N, the other being 6N. Personally, I call bs on that claim, tho...

Tyll from innerfidelity has said he hears no appreciable different comparing HD650 cable with silver dragon cable.

I know audeze's cable is a bit meh, so many people generally get a custom cable for LCD2. Check out mimic cable he makes great cables or thebestinverse