GTX 960 or GTX 750 Ti

Stanturbo

I previously posted a similar question; however, this time, my question is a bit different. (I'll have the link here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296645-gtx-960-vs-gtx-750-ti/ )

To get straight to the point: I am an entry-level gamer living in Japan and I am lookin to purchase a midrange graphics card. While the GTX 960 seems like the better buy when compared to the 750ti, I am on a very tight budget and could be content with the latter option. Should I save up more money to get the 960, or should I go with the 750ti and buy a couple of games that I am looking into?

If you're on that kind of a budget I would look into an AMD solution.

Of those two, 960. Easily. You'd probably want to look at some of the AMD offerings in this price range though.

I previously posted a similar question; however, this time, my question is a bit different. (I'll have the link here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296645-gtx-960-vs-gtx-750-ti/ )

To get straight to the point: I am an entry-level gamer living in Japan and I am lookin to purchase a midrange graphics card. While the GTX 960 seems like the better buy when compared to the 750ti, I am on a very tight budget and could be content with the latter option. Should I save up more money to get the 960, or should I go with the 750ti and buy a couple of games that I am looking into?

960 is significantly better than the 750ti, definitely would go for the 960.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

For tight budget AMD is the way to go. GTX 750 Ti is expensive for its performance.

Intel i7 2600 @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI Z77-GD55 | Crucial 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz | Intel 330 SSD 180Gb | Western Digital Black 1Tb | Western Digital Green 2Tb | Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti | OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I case | OS X Yosemite | Dell Vostro 3550 Windows 10

Intel Xeon 1230 V2 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S | Kingston 4Gb RAM 1333Mhz | Seagate 1TB  | Fractial Design Arc mini | Windows 10

GTX 960 easily, also I thought it would be GTX 660 or GTX 960 but I was surprised when I saw GTX 750 Ti and GTX 960. There is bloody big gap between those two.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

If you're worried about power consumption, GTX 960.

Otherwise, find a R9 280x around that same price point. 

I've actually not found an R9 280X for cheaper than the cheapest GTX 960. You can get the R9 280 for about $10 less, but it's the inferior option unless you're going to try and run higher resolutions than 1080p.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I've actually not found an R9 280X for cheaper than the cheapest GTX 960. You can get the R9 280 for about $10 less, but it's the inferior option unless you're going to try and run higher resolutions than 1080p.

I guess I should've mentioned sales, rebates etc.

However, dealing with rebates can be a PITA and often take a very long time.  

I guess I should've mentioned sales, rebates etc.

However, dealing with rebates can be a PITA and often take a very long time.  

Then it's up to question whether or not OP can get rebates in Japan.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Then it's up to question whether or not OP can get rebates in Japan.

You make a solid point. 

If you can only spend so much more, 270x. If you just can't stretch for the 280x the 960 is a good choice.

In terms of performance though it will typically go:

750ti>270x>960>280x

For tight budget AMD is the way to go. GTX 750 Ti is expensive for its performance.

Until the 970, the 750ti had one of the best price to performance ratios out there.

-Jay

Everything Evangelion.

GTX 750 ti is around 160 USD, but the 960 is 210 USD... not a big difference.

Definitely go for the GTX 960.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

With a slight OC the 280 can perform at the level of, if not above, the R9 280X. Regardless however, either of them are still going to be better even at 1080p, if OP plans to keep gaming on this GPU for a long time.

"Rawr XD"

If you're worried about power consumption, GTX 960.

Otherwise, find a R9 280x around that same price point.

Your point reminds me: I only have a CX430M as my psu, so I am looking for a card with low power consumption. Because of that, I am not considering an AMD card at the moment. However, if you think upgrading my psu to get an AMD card or if there is a card that can run perfectly fine with the 430M, please let me know your reason(s).

what do you think about 760 or 280 or 270x

i recently got a 270x 4gb from asus, silent, cool and efficient performer. really dig it, managed to score it for 150€

Until the 970, the 750ti had one of the best price to performance ratios out there.

For a while there the 265 was better bang for the buck, but last time I checked it was basically the same.

what do you think about 760 or 280 or 270x

Power supply requirements are 500w~

When was that? R9 270 has always murdered the 750 Ti on price to performance. I don't remember the 750 Ti ever being that good a value until you could find it for $100 the last month or two, as its selling point was you could usually throw it into all but the crappiest of prebuilt desktops. The GTX 970's price to performance isn't too bad, especially in comparison to the 980, but it's dwarfed by the R9 290's price to performance.

No. AMD R7 265 had one ofthe best price/performance ratio, GTX 760 also was good value, but GTX 750 ti with price like R7 265 and performance like R7 260X was not good at this position.

Intel i7 2600 @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI Z77-GD55 | Crucial 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz | Intel 330 SSD 180Gb | Western Digital Black 1Tb | Western Digital Green 2Tb | Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti | OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I case | OS X Yosemite | Dell Vostro 3550 Windows 10

Intel Xeon 1230 V2 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S | Kingston 4Gb RAM 1333Mhz | Seagate 1TB  | Fractial Design Arc mini | Windows 10

-snip-

-snip-

one of the best

Reading and understanding is part of english comprehension. Never said it was the best, just up there.

-Jay

Everything Evangelion.

If power is an issue then it is not worth upgrading your psu for an amd card I'd go 960 it will last you longer