Is there a site that tells which graphic setting in game takes most fps?

bydus

Like in the title, I myself have drops below 60fps and was wondering if I could visit a site that tells me which graphic setting takes most fps so I can turn it down. I would be nice if it also said how it affects the look of the game itself. 

Turn down the settings until you get 60fps?

This ^

Because he had a hard drive.

Like in the title, I myself have drops below 60fps and was wondering if I could visit a site that tells me which graphic setting takes most fps so I can turn it down. I would be nice if it also said how it affects the look of the game itself. 

This isn't the sort of thing that you're likely to find an entire, well-maintained site explaining, though. It's too unpredictable based on the games and your specific hardware configuration.

You might pick up some information about that here if you ask about the specific game. Best thing you can do is just turn on an FPS counter and test for yourself, though.

It depends on the single game. Just try them all yourself.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

There was a thread in the PC master race subreddit that I saw some time ago which linked to a website that does just what you want. Unfortunately, for the life of me I can't find it. It was posted at most a month ago, I swear... If I do find it I'll let you know.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Google each term (antialiasing, distance rendering, textures etc.).

Generally rendering/view distance eat up the most GPU performance. Turning it too low causes so called object 'pop-ups". Lowering quality of hadows and lighting do increase fps as well.

Eventually u have to try turn down different settings and see if your game still looks good enough.If u don't notice much difference between medium and high for particular good graphical option then go for lower quality since it will give u more fps.

Many games have different settings and sometimes call the same settings differently. Its somewhat subjective depending on the game u play.

So go experiment or go on YouTube/google to find someone playing the same game with your card and try their settings if they mention them.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

And if your lazy or impatient to do reasearch, you could use the Nvidia Experience Auto-Optimization which, as I understand it, takes your current system capabilities, compare it with other systems in that category through its cloud service, and approriately adjust your game settings to run at its best possible setting with your current hardware configuration.

I have no idea if this service feature is any good though, I'm just letting you know that its an option if you trust Nvidia enough.

And if your lazy or impatient to do reasearch, you could use the Nvidia Experience Auto-Optimization which, as I understand it, takes your current system capabilities, compare it with other systems in that category through its cloud service, and approriately adjust your game settings to run at its best possible setting with your current hardware configuration.

I have no idea if this service feature is any good though, I'm just letting you know that its an option if you trust Nvidia enough.

I optimize all my games with GeForce Experience. It works very well. It is literally one click and your settings are optimzed.

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840

I optimize all my games with GeForce Experience. It works very well. It is literally one click and your settings are optimzed.

I've had issues with it

For some reason it sets everything to 2715x1527 resolution, even after I tell it to do 1920x1080

Some games don't like that

I never used that feature so experience is not installed on my PC anymore :P

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

there used to be a few resources, but GPU's are so outpacing games these days (thanks peasants), most of the sites have stopped bothering to update

I never used that feature so experience is not installed on my PC anymore :P

I don't optimize my games using experience but I do have it installed as a glorified Driver Update notification.